395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

True.. I guess at the end of the day, not every trip needs to include the whole family as well.. I really wish I was able to get to KOH to see it in person..
Galpin Ford in LA is doing a show and tell for the Bronco if there are still spots available you can sit in one and check it out in person. It's something.
Sponsored

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Galpin Ford in LA is doing a show and tell for the Bronco if there are still spots available you can sit in one and check it out in person. It's something.
Oh yeah? I didn’t know that there was one in town.. do you have any details? I’ll reach out to the dealership and see if it’s around? I’m surprised my Ford dealer didn’t mention it, but I guess it’s their competitor

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it were me and I was questioning the purchase, before cancelling I would try to work out an agreement to convert the first edition. Then have them sell it when it gets there, split the ADM with the dealer with a minimum clause of say $2K, with the understanding that your portion would go to purchasing a future bronco of your choice at something X percent under invoice. The dealer is going to make way more on that deal than losing your conversion and possible future allocations. I see ADM on a first edition at $10K easily.

As for kid seats three across is probably not happening depending on the seat.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, didn’t think the Wagoneer was even close in pricing.. Probably better looking at a used Raptor for the cabin space aspect..
You don't even need to move up to the Raptor, an F-150 would do just fine.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just don't buy from Galpin. They are one of the whining big dealers that complained to Ford about the smaller dealers selling lower and caused Ford to start the Allocation lottery.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just don't buy from Galpin. They are one of the whining big dealers that complained to Ford about the smaller dealers selling lower and caused Ford to start the Allocation lottery.
I'd never.
Going KM Ford.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Complete the purchase and flip it after delivery. Like other limited vehicles, I’d bet you can make a few grand if you sell it with less than 1000 miles on the odometer.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it were me and I was questioning the purchase, before cancelling I would try to work out an agreement to convert the first edition. Then have them sell it when it gets there, split the ADM with the dealer with a minimum clause of say $2K, with the understanding that your portion would go to purchasing a future bronco of your choice at something X percent under invoice. The dealer is going to make way more on that deal than losing your conversion and possible future allocations. I see ADM on a first edition at $10K easily.

As for kid seats three across is probably not happening depending on the seat.
You’re probably talking a lot of sense.
If I was savvy it might be a good idea.. love the idea of the FE but not sure I can justify the premium for what is just paint and leather.. especially since the more research and input from folks that have seen it, it’s gonna be a push to seat everyone.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
Three kids in tow? Bronco is not big enough. You need something with a third row, or a massive width. Bronco is OK if you have a second vehicle that's a minivan or three rows or something like that, but not if it's the only vehicle in the house.

Source: married father of two kids, high school and middle school.

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Three kids in tow? Bronco is not big enough. You need something with a third row, or a massive width. Bronco is OK if you have a second vehicle that's a minivan or three rows or something like that, but not if it's the only vehicle in the house.

Source: married father of two kids, high school and middle school.
Yeah, cheers mate.. I’ve got the minivan (Odyssey) for shuttling the family around.. was hoping to grab this to replace my Acura RLX for some fun getaways. There’s so many great trails around here.
You’re probably right though, unless I’m only taking half the clan it’s probably not the right vehicle.. leaning towards either flipping it now or passing altogether.. I’ll probably regret it when I see one on the road but I guess that’s the sacrifice for the kiddies for the time being.

srosenlaw

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW M235i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was a $100 refundable deposit to reserve. When my dealer said I could come in and order, I placed an order (differebr version than I reserved - they didn't care) and gave another small, totally refundable deposit. When it comes in, I'll decide if I wanna buy it. If not, I get my $ back, no harm, no foul. Just tied up a few bucks for a few months. Worth if if there's any chance you'll buy. Just my $. 02.

Squidd

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Resell might be high. If you don't like it maybe you can flip it.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at your situation you have two options.

Get the bronco and use it as a personal vehicle without the family or don’t get the Bronco.

you aren’t going to fit 3car seats in the back. To me it doesn’t sound like a good fit for you unless you have the expendable income to have a vehicle that is just for personal use.

Also with three young kids is it the best time to buy a vehicle that has no practical use?

The way I see it the Bronco is a luxury buy. It’s not going to be a good commuter because it won’t get great MPG. It’s not a great family car because it’s not big enough. It’s only a fun car that you should probably have as a third vehicle in your family.
Sponsored