Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you didn't have the minivan, I would so "no, don't keep it". Since you have the minivan though, this is a 4dr that can seat the family.

My view, not all vehicles need to suit the same purpose.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldnā€™t bring myself to spend $60k+ on an FE Bronco unless it came with a different motor or something more significant than a special color, interior, stickers...At that price point, Iā€™m buying a car...GT350, M4 etc.

So OP, if youā€™re on the fence, trade down to a Black Diamond Sasquatch or Badlands.

Im personally going with a 2DR Basemansquatch and as my 3rd car(toy), no regrets as it will be under $40k.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, I agree.. My 4 Year old boy is Special needs so will be in a seat for a while.. My eldest is in a booster and weā€™re due for our third in May :) Full house! But itā€™s about the future as much as the next couple of yrs.Iā€™m planning on keeping it a while
Someone posted pictures from KOH with a carseat in the back. The middle section looks tiny. From pictures, Iā€™m not sure
if 3 booster/car seats would even fit.

Have you thought about purchasing a 3rd gen Raptor? They have plenty of room, and are capable.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You can get the new 2022 Jeep Wagoneer for less than Bronco FE (60K). body on frame, V8, plenty of space for family

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reason? Cause itā€™s kool. First order of agenda.....climb the Grand Canyon straight up

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get the new 2022 Jeep Wagoneer for less than Bronco FE (60K). body on frame, V8, plenty of space for family
How? I guess with nothing at all you could...if that your thing:

• Wagoneer
    • Series I: $59,995
    • Series II: $69,995
    • Series III: $74,995
  • Grand Wagoneer
    • Series I: $88,995
    • Series II: $95,995
    • Obsidian: $98,995
    • Series III: $105,995

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)

Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since weā€™re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.
I use to live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places that we went in our Honda Odyssey.

For you, stuffing three kids in the back seat, while you have your drivers seat in the far back position because of your height, if your kids are not old enough to have started the backseat bickering, they soon will be.

Your wary wife will soon not let you forget you gave up the third seat. Time to make the responsible husband / dad decision.

The choice is yours, this...

Ford Bronco To Buy or to say Bye? brothers-fight-in-car

Or this...

Ford Bronco To Buy or to say Bye? 2019-Honda-Odyssey-Cabin-Watch-101218-copy

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I said bye. I will get one down the road, but something about paying full MSRP didnā€™t sit well.

Generally speaking 1st year productions tend to have more issues too, but thatā€™s not Ford specific.

No doubt Iā€™ll be jealous seeing people in their Broncos. Iā€™ll be driving in my 21 Rubicon that I was able to get 10k off the MSRP.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You were thinking about getting a Land Rover and now you're concerned about reliability of a Ford? :ROFLMAO:
Lol Exactly! The reliability aspect of the LR turns me off entirely but Iā€™m partial to the old LR especially since I grew up around so many and the previous version was bulletproof and easy to fix.. The new one, not so much ;)

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You speak true words, but to be honest itā€™s been something I planned to take care of but have had work and other issues going on.. Trying to figure out if the FE is worth the extra coin or if Iā€™m better off going for a lesser trim to get the same job done.. I like the idea that the FE is kind of a plug nā€™play where itā€™ll exceed my abilities off-road for a while
This is like getting married to someone without ever seeing her in person and relying only on her Facebook photos. Not easy!

I'm waiting another year or so, partially due to the cost but also because the first year model is always a first draft that gets the kinks out later. I'd rather wait a year for Ford to fix the issues we all complain daily in these forums. You can still get 99% of the First Edition features on other models (and ask yourself - do you really want them?) in other models, other than Lightning Blue and a few other perks.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is like getting married to someone without ever seeing her in person and relying only on her Facebook photos. Not easy!

I'...
Lol selfies taken with a flip phone... my buddy found out the hard way.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I use to live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places that we went in our Honda Odyssey.

For you, stuffing three kids in the back seat, while you have your drivers seat in the far back position because of your height, if your kids are not old enough to have started the backseat bickering, they soon will be.

Your wary wife will soon not let you forget you gave up the third seat. Time to make the responsible husband / dad decision.

The choice is yours, this...

Or this...

Love the pics! And yeah I agree with the bickering kids aspect. But wonā€™t be getting rid of the minivan any time soon. The Bronco would replace my daily driver Acura... Itā€™s more about whether the Bronco would work for getting away on a camping trip or hiking trip, to Yosemite or somewhere of the like. Took the ol Odyssey there last year and it was great, but Iā€™d love to go places that are a little more off grid.. I guess your point is you can still do most places in the minivan, which is true, but there are so many great trails here for a picnic day out or a weekend getaway that the Odyssey wouldnā€™t cut it for.. Iā€™m probably better off looking at a Raptor or Lifted truck and keep the trail ambitions down until the kids donā€™t want to come with dad.. lol

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I'm waiting another year or so, partially due to the cost but also because the first year model is always a first draft that gets the kinks out later. I'd rather wait a year for Ford to fix the issues we all complain daily in these forums. You can still get 99% of the First Edition features on other models (and ask yourself - do you really want them?) in other models, other than Lightning Blue and a few other perks.
Yeah, I guess you kinda hit things on the head.. It wouldā€™ve been great to see it in person at KOH or somewhere else before making the decision but that wasnā€™t possible this last yr.. God knows the scary stories weā€™ve lived through from online dating lol

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How? I guess with nothing at all you could...if that your thing:

• Wagoneer
    • Series I: $59,995
    • Series II: $69,995
    • Series III: $74,995
  • Grand Wagoneer
    • Series I: $88,995
    • Series II: $95,995
    • Obsidian: $98,995
    • Series III: $105,995
Yeah, didnā€™t think the Wagoneer was even close in pricing.. Probably better looking at a used Raptor for the cabin space aspect..

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you didn't have the minivan, I would so "no, don't keep it". Since you have the minivan though, this is a 4dr that can seat the family.

My view, not all vehicles need to suit the same purpose.
True.. I guess at the end of the day, not every trip needs to include the whole family as well.. I really wish I was able to get to KOH to see it in person..
Sponsored