txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Our kids are 17 and 19, so my wife and I getting something for the 2 of us (really me).

I've wanted the 'new' Bronco since the 2004 auto show in Los Angeles. So for me, this is a dream that is a long time coming.

I've no interest in a First Edition because a car is NOT an investment. I see TONS of people asking about resale value. If I were like that, there would be no way I'd be getting this in 2021 or likely 2022. I'd wait a few more years - because with 'resale' in mind, its just a car.

I really plan on driving this until either the Bronco or I die and a FE is unnecessarily expensive for something that I am hoping is my forever truck.

I usually keep a vehicle for a decade and my current ride (F150) really has a good 50-100k miles left in her. But a Bronco is something I've wanted for a long time and MY time is now.
Appreciate the thoughts.. I’m not looking at it as an investment.. It’s more about getting something to enjoy than just a work car.. Wanting to create some memories out there and do some fun stuff.. The FE was a stroke of luck on the reservation but I was thinking “go big or go home” at the time lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ryan, being this late in the game, and with you still having doubts, I say wait. That's a lot of money to spend on something you're unsure about. As you said, you can always get one later if you see that it will fit into the family. IMHO
You speak true words, but to be honest it’s been something I planned to take care of but have had work and other issues going on.. Trying to figure out if the FE is worth the extra coin or if I’m better off going for a lesser trim to get the same job done.. I like the idea that the FE is kind of a plug n’play where it’ll exceed my abilities off-road for a while

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Our kids are 17 and 19, so my wife and I getting something for the 2 of us (really me).

I've wanted the 'new' Bronco since the 2004 auto show in Los Angeles. So for me, this is a dream that is a long time coming.

I've no interest in a First Edition because a car is NOT an investment. I see TONS of people asking about resale value. If I were like that, there would be no way I'd be getting this in 2021 or likely 2022. I'd wait a few more years - because with 'resale' in mind, its just a car.

I really plan on driving this until either the Bronco or I die and a FE is unnecessarily expensive for something that I am hoping is my forever truck.

I usually keep a vehicle for a decade and my current ride (F150) really has a good 50-100k miles left in her. But a Bronco is something I've wanted for a long time and MY time is now.
I'm not getting the FE for an investment. I was on the fence until they came out with the black interior and that coupled with the lightning blue is why I'm pulling the trigger. None of the other trims have either of those options so it's also about exclusivity. I'll never sell mine and it will be handed down to family.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not getting the FE for an investment. I was on the fence until they came out with the black interior and that coupled with the lightning blue is why I'm pulling the trigger. None of the other trims have either of those options so it's also about exclusivity. I'll never sell mine and it will be handed down to family.
I’m definitely glad they came out with a different interior option! The Navy Pier just looks odd!

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I agree.. My 4 Year old boy is Special needs so will be in a seat for a while.. My eldest is in a booster and we’re due for our third in May :) Full house! But it’s about the future as much as the next couple of yrs.I’m planning on keeping it a while

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
May want to mosey through the California sub forum to find out: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/california.35/
You also have a week left to get in on the first 3 months of build schedule...
Yeah, have been going back and forth with the dealer for a little while, It’s getting down to the last few details and we’ve discussed the other options of just changing Trim etc.. Will check out the sub forum threads

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m definitely glad they came out with a different interior option! The Navy Pier just looks odd!
I wouldn't have went FE if they didn't give us another option. Yes, that interior made that much of a difference to me. For the money they want it's got to be something I walk out and see and say to myself, self that's 1 badass ride!

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW, it’s like you just took up the game of golf and ordered a set of top of the line Pings. But hey, go for it

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
three kids? No brainer, keep the odyssey.You will be miserable going from the practicality of a minivan to a bronco. My wife has an odyssey and I have a model 3 with two kids. I would NOT get rid of the odyssey for a bronco. No way in hell.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Go big or go home!!

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So here is some advice I read in Car and Driver many years ago...never fall in love with a car because it will never love you back. Get it because the car works for you. And for me where I am now 10 years retired with some discretionary income, it’s something that seems fun and fortunately I can accept the risk for this perhaps the first time in my life. That’s why I’m just enjoying the journey and not obsessing over costs or delays or misinformation or anything. Just happy what’s being presented to this lucky dog.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
Bronco will make a great soft roader in addition to hard core off roader. Give it another couple years for the kids to grow and then give it hell.
Sponsored