txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d say to get a Bronco and sell/trade the Acura. You’ll enjoy it and no matter what you probably won’t really lose much if you decide to sell it. Unless you really plan to keep it, not much use in paying more for an FE as you can get all that in other models for less. Comes down to if you really want to pay an extra $6k for lightning blue and a black dash (cause you can get black seating in BL).

Either way, looks like youre doing research and thinking this through. Good luck!
Thanks mate.. Yeah, the Acura is going to be gone.. Have had some sales lined up on that but obviously can’t get rid of it for a little while yet due to the delays on the Bronco.. Hoping you’re right on enjoying the Bronco, I’m sure the market will figure out what these things are worth down the line.. I’m willing to take a risk on a new model though as it look bad arse and a lot of fun.. Just trying to figure out if it’s really worth the extra $ for the FE or to trade down.. Still leaning towards the FE at the moment
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, save the parts for my build. 🍻

WillyS

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
I bailed. Too many issues with Ford's new models. My 4Runner will la s another 2 yrs, so I'll be looking at 2023 model if the Bronco is sorted out.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bailed. Too many issues with Ford's new models. My 4Runner will la s another 2 yrs, so I'll be looking at 2023 model if the Bronco is sorted out.
Do you think there’s too many Mechanical issues or electrical?
One of my good friends just turned in his Ram 1500 because it rolled the windows down on the hwy in the middle of a Houston downpour! Then he couldn’t get it restarted after pulling over to try and reset the system (not for the first time). I haven’t heard about anything like that from ol Blue

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah just double checked, 4A is only available on the base with Sasquatch, which isn’t happening since I don’t have “Yee Yee” tattooed on me or chew tobacco!
From what I understand, that's basically it - plus the T-case is more forgiving of driving on and off pavement. You don't have the same drivetrain bind concerns with 4A as you would with 4H. The advanced transfer case uses clutches when in A mode to allow some slip between front and rear axles. I'm making some assumptions here, that the adv transfer case is going to be similar to the Raptor's (maybe this is confirmed by now tho). Good video explaining that T-case here.

This is especially nice for me, because my neighborhood is snow hell and poorly plowed, while the main streets can be bare pavement on the same day. On days like that, with my old FJ cruiser I'd have to pop in and out of 4H to make sure I wasn't doing bad things to the drivetrain on bare pavement.

I think this means, too, that you can run it at speed, while you're probably still limited somewhat with "H". I like having more of an AWD function when highway driving in the winter, like on ski trips and stuff.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you buy it and don’t like it, I believe you will easily be able to sell it in the first year for what you paid, at least, especially in So Cal.

Point is moot though, you’re gonna love it. :)

Liquid_Todd~AZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You need an expedition and not a bronco, your concerns are real so don't worry...

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You need an expedition and not a bronco, your concerns are real so don't worry...
You’re probably right.. But. Bronco is a lot cooler lol.. I need to up my cool game with all the time I spend driving the Minivan around in town!
The Acura just make me look like an insurance salesman

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you buy it and don’t like it, I believe you will easily be able to sell it in the first year for what you paid, at least, especially in So Cal.

Point is moot though, you’re gonna love it. :)
Can I save this for my deposition with the wifey? :)

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know everyone nowadays seems like they need a ton of space in every vehicle. Don't know how we ever survived as kids lol! I'm sure it'll be fine if off-roading and adventuring is the main reason for the Bronco. If you want a compromise, I'm a big Expedition fan. I even did an ICON transformation on mine with 33s and it was amazing but even a stock Expedition is great. I wouldn't buy one new (too expensive) but wait and buy a 4-8 year old used one for dirt cheap and you can't go wrong. Just a thought. Expeditions are truly underrated, especially with just a little more clearance.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
And you ascertained that I never played golf by what means? Do you know me or was that just an attempt at humor?
Don’t know you, but surely a Joker would recognize humor

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think there’s too many Mechanical issues or electrical?
One of my good friends just turned in his Ram 1500 because it rolled the windows down on the hwy in the middle of a Houston downpour! Then he couldn’t get it restarted after pulling over to try and reset the system (not for the first time). I haven’t heard about anything like that from ol Blue
You were thinking about getting a Land Rover and now you're concerned about reliability of a Ford? :ROFLMAO:

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
You should cancel to give us common folk a chance.
Sponsored