Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first mod to my Sasquatch when I get it in 25 years is to get rid of the Goodyear tires. I had a set of duratracs on my 4Runner and they were freaking horrible! They whined at 5,000 miles like most of my tires have at 30k. Changed them out with some General Grabber AT’s and ran those for $30k+ with little noise at all. Several of my buddies swore off Goodyear years ago.
I know these are “MT’s” and that brings in noise on its own, but I do not like Goodyear’s. I almost went non-SAS just to get the BFG’s.
dem be 'spensive treads, man. Was that $30k for 4 tires or 5?

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with un-Squatched Badlands.

Anyone know if the K02 BFGs throw rocks?
OF COURSE THEY DO. LOL JEEZ EVERY TIRE THAT HAS AN ALL TERRAIN OR MUD TIRE PATTERN HAS THE ABILITY TO PICK UP AND THROW ROCKS. IT'S A VERY SIMPLE OBSERVATION.
TRUST ME ALL YOU FOLKS NEW TO THIS,......... THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOREVER. IT'S NOT JUST THIS TIRE FROM GOODYEAR.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going with un-Squatched Badlands.

Anyone know if the K02 BFGs throw rocks?
Yes, they do also, but not as bad as the goodyears. I went from standard badlands to SAS wheels/tires and notice more being flung. Combination of tread pattern and extra inch of poke on each side. I did xpel ppf the rocker panels, just above the rails, and so far its holding up. Still makes a big racket when the rocks hit the steel rear bumper or rock rails.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires B-158_Bogger_Group_1200x1200

These pick up gravel the size of golf balls. Thats not hail on you roof its just a mudder driving by.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The struggle is real. I ran a borrowed set of the Sasquatch tires on my 2-door for a week, and couldn't wait to get rid of them for that very reason. They sling rocks everywhere, fragging the entire neighborhood every morning when I leave the house. I will say they work pretty damn good off-road though. That said, I was glad to get back to my Nitto's.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before this I had Toyo mts for about 4 years. 0 issues even in this current driveway. But I will say the road noise was brutal on those. I'm just looking at tires and went out to use a screwdriver to get the rocks out from the treads lol.
It’s a choice you have to make. I agree the GY throw rocks from what everyone says but I’d bet money the GYs are probably a bit quieter and will be better in snow up in Massachusetts than the Toyo MTs.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple, Ford didn’t design it to be a Lexus killer, it was built to be thrashed and go head to head with the Wrangler.
That's not an excuse for a poorly designed fended flare.

Sponsored

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
I give my highest recommendation to Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I run these on my G550 and they are fantastic.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you never had Mud tires on a vehicle before? They throw rocks and an Off Road Vehicle needs Mud and Snow tires.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs