First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one ding and scratch I have so far is too big for PPF to have made a difference.

Its not just that its flinging rocks - these tires are throwing boulders like a professional shot-putter, right into the side of the Bronco.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear Subarus have quiet tires that don’t throw rocks.
I’d be interested in seeing a breakdown of new or soon to be Bronco owners that are coming from the traditional car/suv crowd vs. those that have owned 4WD/trucks.

I sense that a lot of the complaints about throwing rocks and paint chips etc. are from those used to driving around on street/all season tires and don’t understand that an all terrain/mud terrain is designed for maximum traction off-road, street manners and wear are secondary. If you don’t like the OEM tires swap them for a set of Michelin Pilots or Pirellis…geesh!

It’s like buying a new Corvette Z06 then telling GM that the factory tires are worthless in the sand…maybe the Bronco is the wrong tool for the buyer or maybe it’s the wrong tool buying a Bronco 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d be interested in seeing a breakdown of new or soon to be Bronco owners that are coming from the traditional car/suv crowd vs. those that have owned 4WD/trucks.

I sense that a lot of the complaints about throwing rocks and paint chips etc. are from those used to driving around on street/all season tires and don’t understand that an all terrain/mud terrain is designed for maximum traction off-road, street manners and wear are secondary. If you don’t like the OEM tires swap them for a set of Michelin Pilots or Pirellis…geesh!

I expect to see a good number of used Broncos within a year on the market. They haven't delivered many but there are plenty of complaints of too noisy, leaks, rides rough, don't like the tires, etc. Add on the number of cheap lifts and levels that are going to make it ride even worse. People who didn't know what they are buying will be having second thoughts after a few months of ownership and the new wears off.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We knew the Bronco was going to be susceptible to the rocks just based on the mud pattern you see on every muddy Bronco. How they didn't see this and make some modifications we'll never know.

-2bcf-4773-a69f-32b283b1a718-FordBronco4fest_fr3-4.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I usually have Toyo mts which are even less street tire centric and have been happy with those. There's definitely a group of little like those you mentioned but I'm not it.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We knew the Bronco was going to be susceptible to the rocks just based on the mud pattern you see on every muddy Bronco. How they didn't see this and make some modifications we'll never know.

Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires -2bcf-4773-a69f-32b283b1a718-FordBronco4fest_fr3-4
Simple, Ford didn’t design it to be a Lexus killer, it was built to be thrashed and go head to head with the Wrangler.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those $39K base Broncos just keep getting and better everyday.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I usually have Toyo mts which are even less street tire centric and have been happy with those. There's definitely a group of little like those you mentioned but I'm not it.
I think a lot has to do with the fender flares not being out far enough? Tires on my EB are more aggressive than squatch and it doesn't through them at my doors like the squatch tires do. My KO2s hold rocks too and fling them but no issues with those either.

Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the Toyo MTs but haven’t had great mileage from them, maybe ~20k-25k tops, great traction in the mud and rocks but yeah they have no problem picking up a 3lb rock and hucking it :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Love the Toyo MTs but haven’t had great mileage from them, maybe ~20k-25k tops, great traction in the mud and rocks but yeah they have no problem picking up a 3lb rock and hucking it :ROFLMAO:
I had them on a grand Cherokee after I popped the low profiles like 3 times. It was not a quiet ride. It felt like the tires were unbalanced too. They weren't lol

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had them on a grand Cherokee after I popped the low profiles like 3 times. It was not a quiet ride. It felt like the tires were unbalanced too. They weren't lol
The more the lug spacing the louder they are and the less they will track true on paved surfaces, for a real wild ride, try some 40” bias-ply IROK’s.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning more and more towards doing the xpel stealth on mine when it arrives, it will be DIY but with a bit of time and a little practice I'm sure it will turn our fine (same way I learned window tint). I think I will likely go with Falken Wildpeaks, best AT tire I've ever run and even negated me needing snow tires in the winter.

It is curious though how many folks are getting into off roading just because of the Bronco, or mall crawling for that matter. But for mall crawling nothing will ever beat an AMG G wagon 🤑

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah all the pictures I’ve seen of the Sas tires had so many rocks in the tread. Same with the General Grabbers (appropriately named :p). It is what is it. Nice wrote up though!
Sponsored