Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they have a Stroppe Baja Bronco edition its over for me. Just take my damn money and send it my way. That orange white and blue just does it for me .

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So based on the Filson site is forest service green going to be a color?:unsure:
What on the Filson site makes you think that forest service green is going to be a color? The jacket at the bottom of the page? Just curious, cuz I like a dark green option.

OP
OP
rmc523

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was talking with someone from another forum and we were discussing trim levels and option packages, and whether the Bronco would have trim levels (in the usual XLT, Limited, etc vein) or if Badlands, Outer Banks, Big Bend would serve as the trim level names.

We came up with an alternate theory - that there are no traditional trim levels on Bronco - that perhaps they'll just have equipment option groups (your typical 200A, 300A, 401A, etc) that build upon a "base" trim, and then you could have the option of tacking say the Badlands package on any model regardless of how many features you want. My example for this was how FX4 can now be had as an option across the F-150 lineup, it's not a trim in itself (anymore).

My thought was that each package could be geared more toward a different type of offroading - (ex. Badlands = rock crawling oriented, Big Bend = desert geared, etc), so that people could pick their ideal setup without being locked into particular trim levels or having to pay top dollar to get a particular type of offroad setup.

Just speculation right now, but a potential idea.

Though I also noticed that earlier interior spy shots showed models with the smaller screen (indicating a lower model) that had the full complement of dash top mounted switches, whereas the photos from yesterday showed a more optioned model (with the bigger screen), but was missing some buttons on the upper dash - don't know if that's proof of this theory or not, but at minimum, it means that particular offroad features don't appear to be locked to technology features.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was talking with someone from another forum and we were discussing trim levels and option packages, and whether the Bronco would have trim levels (in the usual XLT, Limited, etc vein) or if Badlands, Outer Banks, Big Bend would serve as the trim level names.

We came up with an alternate theory - that there are no traditional trim levels on Bronco - that perhaps they'll just have equipment option groups (your typical 200A, 300A, 401A, etc) that build upon a "base" trim, and then you could have the option of tacking say the Badlands package on any model regardless of how many features you want. My example for this was how FX4 can now be had as an option across the F-150 lineup, it's not a trim in itself (anymore).

My thought was that each package could be geared more toward a different type of offroading - (ex. Badlands = rock crawling oriented, Big Bend = desert geared, etc), so that people could pick their ideal setup without being locked into particular trim levels or having to pay top dollar to get a particular type of offroad setup.

Though I also noticed that earlier interior spy shots showed models with the smaller screen (indicating a lower model) that had the full complement of dash top mounted switches, whereas the photos from yesterday showed a more optioned model (with the bigger screen), but was missing some buttons on the upper dash - don't know if that's proof of this theory or not, but at minimum, it means that particular offroad features don't appear to be locked to technology features.
I would like that. I hope they have plans for a 'Gumbo' level, for those of us who deal with gumbo mud.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I really like this theory

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I had floated a very similar theory about a month ago. Kinda like trims in reverse. You pick one of 4 suspension set-ups, then choose an equipment package, then add the options. But I like the way you said it better?

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like that. I hope they have plans for a 'Gumbo' level, for those of us who deal with gumbo mud.
The only “gumbo mud” I’ve experienced out here in AZ is about 12 hours after eating a bowl... hopefully my bronco doesn’t have to deal with that.
Sponsored