First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my two cents...... Props to Omar for coming on and publicly making that offer. I 100% understand that SoCal and few other costly areas are outliers when it comes to selling everything from houses to cars which are in limited supply while the bills are still due. I loathe dealers who do markups BUT only the dealers who surprise reservation holders. If the original reservation really backs out then I say sell to the highest bidder.

With these Raptors, even though I personally think they are hideous, I have a solution. My solution is to FORCE RAPTOR BUYERS TO PAY AT LEAST 50% IN CASH. What that would do is limit the people who are speculators and who really want the vehicle. There ARE ways to grab that much cash if you can truly afford a new 80K vehicle and it would settle the market. That said, the dealers would lose a percentage of profit on financing. Thats where an acceptable markup would be in order as long as it is transparent.

I am seeing many people (foolishly IMO) buy the truck using a 72+ month loan, with tax figured into the loan thinking theyre going to break the bank. I believe those days will soon be over but as Omar mentioned it will start right back up with EVERY new trim or special edition. I for one cant stand the people ordering multiple vehicles and then selling them while others wait more than the dealers who have to cover expenses. Financing has gotten too easy which in turn drives up prices.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is at the core of the high prices among other factors. These are the VERY FIRST BRONCO RAPTORS offered for sale by PRIVATE PARTIES NOT DEALERS. We saw the same exact thing with the 2021 Broncos. KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY.

This example below is one of the key drivers for the higher prices. We saw this with the first few thousand Bronco orders that went to some reservation holders. Now we see it with the Bronco Raptors. To solely put the blame for the higher prices on dealers is just not accurate.

READ the whole ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275411593554?hash=item401fcf6952:g:HJQAAOSwKL5i7AZI
Sooo...an individual on eBay asks a ridiculous price for his Bronco or Raptor and that somehow forces you to add an equally ridiculous ADM to your vehicles??? Splain it to me Lucy?!?!

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, Omar is still gonna screw non B6G folks?
Explain to me how charging market rate for something is screwing people? So next time you go to buy a car and there is a rebate you are going to insist on paying sticker right? I didn’t think so.

Huntington Beach Ford

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1975 Bronco 2021 Bronco 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sooo...an individual on eBay asks a ridiculous price for his Bronco or Raptor and that somehow forces you to add an equally ridiculous ADM to your vehicles??? Splain it to me Lucy?!?!
PLEASE READ

"....AMONG OTHER FACTORS"

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Deleted member 3063

I had the same experience as the other 2010 Raptor guy, lol. I paid half way between A plan and MSRP. Another dealer in the area was just like HBF and missed a Raptor sale and all further sales from me my wife, mother and son, oh well. Actually I don't object to some ADM on dealer stock units of 1 or 2k. On ordered units, no f'n way.
Buying direct from Ford is looking better all the time. They'd list a price and you make a choice.

From Edmonds (below), pre pandemic article so I'd expect due to the supply chain issues the ratio between new and used is now skewed. With used cars so hot I'd expect few get run off to auction like in the past. More used cars kept on the road should also boost the service department revenue.

It goes without saying that car dealerships can't exist unless they are profitable. That's true for every business, from a neighborhood dry cleaner to a mega-retailer like Walmart. At auto dealerships, the rows of shiny new cars might prompt shoppers to believe that they're where the business makes most of its money.

But that's not the case. According to the most recent data from the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), the new-vehicle department of a car dealership accounts for about 58% of a dealership's total sales but less than 26% of a dealership's total gross profit. In addition to car sales, that figure also reflects profits from finance and insurance (F&I) products sold on new cars. That means such things as gap insurance, alarm systems and extended warranties.

The used-vehicle department represents only about 31% of a dealerships total sales, but profit is close to that of the new-car department: nearly 25%. of a dealership's gross profit, according to NADA. In addition to car sales, the figure also reflects profits from F&I products sold on used cars.

So where does the majority of a dealership's profit come from? It's not from car sales, at least not directly. It's from the service and parts department, which accounts for the other 49.6% of the dealership's gross profits, according to NADA.

What makes some shoppers wary as they enter car dealerships is the fact that they don't know what they're going to pay for the product. Shoppers don't expect to negotiate the cost of a quart of milk with a salesperson at the supermarket. But they do expect to negotiate car prices.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.