Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the call this afternoon in a customer meeting. "Excuse me, Mr. Customer, I better take this. I'll leave you in the capable hands of my counterpart for a few moments."

"Your bronco just got delivered. There is some transit damage to it. I'll send you some photos and you can decide whether you want to take delivery now or send it in to the body shop." The team at the dealership really do take a close look and they've been honest with the whole process. My brain is thinking, "Oh, what could have happened? Did they drop it on something?"

Turns out one of the tow shackles rubbed on something and got some paint transfer and there's some scrape on one of the skid plates. I said, "One looks Mr. Clean magic eraser level work and the other, well, I'll do worse than that this weekend since I plan to off-road my Bronco. Let's not worry about it." I'd rather know and not care than care and not know!

Ford Bronco Took delivery today at Ken Garff West Valley in UT IMG_1753

Ford Bronco Took delivery today at Ken Garff West Valley in UT IMG_1754

I'm super pleased with the Bronco - some notes:

1. Driving with the top down, my cap doesn't blow off like it did in every Jeep Wrangler I've ever owned. Point Bronco!

2. I have the BO sound system (yes, I said that) and I adjusted the fade to the rear some until it sounded like surround sound to me and I can drive 70 with the top off and clearly hear the music. That's all I can ask for. It's an off road vehicle, not a concert venue. Also, I've been issued hearing aids by the VA and I don't wear them, so if I can hear the music, anyone should be able to.

I ordered the rubber floor mats and it came with both the rubber floor mats and the carpet ones in the back. I gave the carpet ones to my wife to put in her Lincoln since the Lincoln dealership lost hers and haven't been able to produce any yet. Bronco saved my wife's car experience! She's also happy that the Bronco is narrower than my Ram was, so there's more room in the garage. Happy wife, happy other stuff.

Road noise was fine - no whistling (but I'm not wearing my hearing aids) and the drive was pleasant. It does not feel like a large vehicle to me coming from a Ram. It's smaller in every dimension, except I feel like I'm sitting up higher. I like that.

People coming up to you every time you stop to comment/ask questions is real.

I went with the sales guy to the gas station to fill it up with premium. Driving over, the sales guy said, "Expect people to come up everywhere for a while." We pulled up to the pump, he went in to get the process started, while I was waiting, the attractive lady in the next lane walked up to ask me what kind of car it was and let me know how much she liked the color and the design. The sales guy came back out and said, "It's started already!"

Went to pick up my wife's dinner at the restaurant she ordered from. The chef came out to look all around and ask questions. Went to the supermarket, a guy drives up in a Grand Cherokee to comment on how amazing it looks and did I buy those tires after. "No, they're stock - it comes with 33" KO2s. but you can opt for the KMs if you want."

Bought groceries, came back out, another attractive lady comes up and comments on how nice it is, how great the color is, and how she's jealous. The Bronco is a "chick magnet."

OK, photos in next post and then I'll talk about the QC issues I've noted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, a couple of issues:

1. There is a small issue with the roll bar on the driver side under the top - it has a grease pencil or marker circle so someone clearly noticed it at MAP:

Ford Bronco Took delivery today at Ken Garff West Valley in UT IMG_1752

The main issue I've noticed is the trim between the driver side tail light and the swing gate is improperly installed. I'll get it fixed under warranty, will call the dealership tomorrow to let them know:

Ford Bronco Took delivery today at Ken Garff West Valley in UT IMG_1750

Ford Bronco Took delivery today at Ken Garff West Valley in UT IMG_1751

It should be an easy fix and it's a plastic piece, so I'm not terribly worried about it.

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall, I'm really happy with this. I expected to find a few things. I always do! When I bought my Ram, it was missing a significant part of the rear seat assembly. I discovered it when I drove off road and it sounded like someone rattling rocks in a can in the back seat. It was super bad. This stuff gets fixed.

My dealership experience has been great. I don't name names unless I have something positive to say. My dealership was Ken Garff West Valley Ford here in northern Utah. Those guys were honest and up front with me from the start of the process, we completed the paperwork before the Bronco came. They gave me a great trade and have been communicative through the whole process. They are just super to work with. I have no complaints with them and I'm probably going to have my wife's Lincoln serviced there rather than the Lincoln dealer because these guys really seem to care about the customer experience.

So a big shout out to the gang there!

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t wait for mine. I know it’s close. Nice BL and that Cactus Gray looks great!

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice! Congrats!

What size tires come on the badlands?
My build sheet say 285/70R17, so basically 33".

They're great for now - I'm sure I'll lift it a bit and go to bigger tires later, but for now, I'll run the rubber off these!

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1062 hmm, shouldn't take me too long find it.

I'm looking forward to seeing one on the road here in utah.

We bought my wife's fiesta st there, they seemed pretty good.

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you be stalking! Haha! Oh, heck, ring the bell and we'll go for a drive!

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! It looks great; it's the same model and color that I ordered.

I'm sorry it showed up damaged, but apparently you're taking it in stride. I doubt your wife will be happy it is drawing so much attention from other women, though. ;)

May you have many happy trails!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! It looks great; it's the same model and color that I ordered.

I'm sorry it showed up damaged, but apparently you're taking it in stride. I doubt your wife will be happy it is drawing so much attention from other women, though. ;)

May you have many happy trails!
She's the jealous type - she won't take it well. It's just funny because every time I stop or start, someone walks/drives up. I didn't get this much attention when I had a Challenger SRT8 in South Korea.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

She's the jealous type - she won't take it well. It's just funny because every time I stop or start, someone walks/drives up. I didn't get this much attention when I had a Challenger SRT8 in South Korea.
I'm a day three reservation, so by the time I get mine the Bronco will be old news.
Did your wife drive it yet? What does she think of it?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For something that’s not being produced at a fast pace there sure are a lot of little QC issues. Glad none of yours are bad ones. Enjoy the new Bronco! (y)

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a day three reservation, so by the time I get mine the Bronco will be old news.
Did your wife drive it yet? What does she think of it?
She likes it, but my daughter REALLY likes it. I asked her, "Do you mind if I drive to you school some this fall in the Bronco?" She said, "YES!"

My wife hasn't driven it yet - I'm going to let her drive it around some tomorrow, but she's so picky about ride. She hated the ride in the Grand Cherokee and was only interested in cars like the Lincoln she bought and the Genesis GV80. She likes the CUVs, drive like a car and look like an SUV.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you be stalking! Haha! Oh, heck, ring the bell and we'll go for a drive!
After I posted that I thought, "I hope he knows I'm teasing."

I am looking forward to seeing one on the road
Sponsored