Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So last week I started a thread sharing a photo my cousin sent me. It was a just another Ford dealer charging ADM. anyways, that thread took off and the dealer started getting bad reviews on Yelp, Google, etc. My intention was to just to share an amusing photo of crazy ADM, not to flame individual dealers. Fast forward, turns out that dealer was/is Huntington Beach Ford. HBF’s General Manager Omar reached out to B6G when he caught wind of the post. He explained what’s going on with the ADM, and why he, and every other Ford dealers charge it.

As an olive branch for B6G members he offered to sell in stock Bronco’s off the lot for MSRP for a limited time. No B.S. I just bought one, I now own a 2022 Cyber Orange, fully loaded Wildtrak. No games, no hidden fees, nothing. Omar, and HBF are freaking awesome. Omar is good to his word, and a straight shooter. We met today and he is one heck of a nice guy as well. I humbly ask, and hope the members on B6G that have left negative reviews of HBF to change the reviews to positive. HBF is probably the only dealer in America that is selling in stock Bronco’s at MSRP. So please consider altering the negative comments regarding HBF.if you don’t want to wait on your Bronco, reach out quickly, and go pick up YOUR new Bronco!

so a huge shot out to Omar and Huntington Beach Ford. You guys seriously made my year. Thank you for my 40th birthday Bronco that arrived on my birthday weekend, and not my 42nd birthday as I was planning with my order. My girls freaked out when they saw it tonight, ear to ear smiles. Thank you for making my Bronco a reality.

539DAA03-889F-4C51-83E7-DC28413B81DB.jpeg

3B65C8C8-E655-4BC6-B576-0070913BDB77.jpeg

02C964D4-46C3-4220-92B3-B76BF4A4F5BC.jpeg
What package adds the pin stripes/decal on the sides? I love it!!

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What package adds the pin stripes/decal on the sides? I love it!!
Me too. I honestly didn’t even want a wild track. I was looking at the badlands with a 2.3, 7 speed transmission. A while ago I had kicked around a wildtrak, but decided a non-Sasquatch badlands was the better buy. Well they had a cyber orange fully loaded wild track for sale so I bought it. Those pinstripes are the optional $500 wildtrak decals. Heck I didn’t wantCyber Orange, I’m an eruption green man. Well today im driving an orange fully loaded bronco (which I actually really like the orange) Vs waiting 2+ years for a green mildly loaded Badlands.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Also as far as I know HBF was not a dealer that was charging ADM to orders...
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I can with 100% certainty say this is wrong.

When I reserved pn 07/15/2020, the system made HB Ford my dealer. I received an email from HB Ford later that day partially stating:

" On your particular vehicle of interest, we will be able to keep you well under (MSRP price) for the price of this vehicle. "

The next day I went to the dealer to confirm (printed the email and took it with me) and spoke with a sales rep. The coversation went as follows:

Me: Hi, I'd like to speak to Mr. X (the person whose name was on the email). I show him the email.
Sales Rep: I'm not sure who that is.
Me: Can you find out?
Sales Rep: What do you want to know?
Me: I reserved a Bronco and received this email stating I will getting it at under MSRP. Is that accurate info?
Sales Rep: (Laughing to himself) Oh no its not.
Me: So there will be ADM?
Sales Rep: Of course. (still laughing to himself)
Me: Even reservation holders will be paying ADM?
Sales Rep: Of course. It's the hottest new truck in a long time, they're all getting marked up.
Me: So... what does this email mean?
Sales Rep: Oh, nothing. I think those are auto-generated and mean nothing to sales.
Me: Any idea about how much the ADM will be? $20k?
Sales Rep: At least that much, yeah.
Me: That's ridiculous!
Sales Rep: It's only another $20k or so, that's no big deal. Are you sure you are shopping for right truck?
Me: Good afternoon.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is HB Ford.

Congrats to the OP if he really did get his Bronco at a good price and is not a shill. This is probably a one-off deal so HB Ford can try to get some of the stink off of themselves. I would not trust them for a second that this is not some trick.

Maybe someday I'll tell the story about trying to buy a new 2010 F150 Raptor from them and the lovely, great guy Omar loudly told me to get the F off his lot. That was fun.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford wasn’t such a dinosaur, they’d be selling direct to customers like Tesla.
We aren’t far off from that
There a laws that don’t allow Ford to sell straight to customers. Plus, the dealer network is better in the long run. A few years ago, every dealer was making deals and no one paid MSRP. It was discounts everywhere. We will get back to that and if Ford sales straight to customers, then no more wheeling and dealing to get the best price. Plus all of the lost jobs and businesses. We don’t need to react with a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wo
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I can with 100% certainty say this is wrong.

When I reserved pn 07/15/2020, the system made HB Ford my dealer. I received an email from HB Ford later that day partially stating:

" On your particular vehicle of interest, we will be able to keep you well under (MSRP price) for the price of this vehicle. "

The next day I went to the dealer to confirm (printed the email and took it with me) and spoke with a sales rep. The coversation went as follows:

Me: Hi, I'd like to speak to Mr. X (the person whose name was on the email). I show him the email.
Sales Rep: I'm not sure who that is.
Me: Can you find out?
Sales Rep: What do you want to know?
Me: I reserved a Bronco and received this email stating I will getting it at under MSRP. Is that accurate info?
Sales Rep: (Laughing to himself) Oh no its not.
Me: So there will be ADM?
Sales Rep: Of course. (still laughing to himself)
Me: Even reservation holders will be paying ADM?
Sales Rep: Of course. It's the hottest new truck in a long time, they're all getting marked up.
Me: So... what does this email mean?
Sales Rep: Oh, nothing. I think those are auto-generated and mean nothing to sales.
Me: Any idea about how much the ADM will be? $20k?
Sales Rep: At least that much, yeah.
Me: That's ridiculous!
Sales Rep: It's only another $20k or so, that's no big deal. Are you sure you are shopping for right truck?
Me: Good afternoon.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is HB Ford.

Congrats to the OP if he really did get his Bronco at a good price and is not a shill. This is probably a one-off deal so HB Ford can try to get some of the stink off of themselves. I would not trust them for a second that this is not some trick.

Maybe someday I'll tell the story about trying to buy a new 2010 F150 Raptor from them and the lovely, great guy Omar loudly told me to get the F off his lot. That was fun.
Wow. If what you are saying is true, that’s terrible. It is also a complete 180 from my personal experience. It sounds like we are talking about two different places. You go to buy a Raptor, and the Raptor store GM tells you to get the F of his lot. Sounds like you left something out of that 🤷

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you cite your sources for this? I wonder if Elon Musk is aware.
It has to do with franchising laws. It’s to protect Franchise businesses from buying in and then the company selling behind them and cutting them out. Tesla has never Franchise and they call there showrooms “Galleries” and they can’t sell cars there. You can use their computer to do it there, but not there. That’s why if you buy one in Texas, it has to ship from out of state (some crazy loophole).

Sponsored

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“When you sign the paperwork and write a check, Tesla pings one of their international warehouses to send the car overseas directly to you.

Since you’re buying from a non-American company, these direct-to-consumer laws don’t pertain to you.”

Sounds like there is a way.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure hope he called all the customers who have one on order, to make this offer to as well. Especially those with a similar build who are still waiting...

Regardless, congrats on the new Bronco.

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
They took off the dealer installed wheels for you? All the Broncos have dealer rims

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Sounds like you left something out of that 🤷
It is a completely separate subject, but here goes:

In 2003, I bought a new F150 Harley Davidson Edition from HB Ford. Paid less than sticker, great sales staff, no issues at all. Great sales experience.

HB Ford is subsequently sold to new ownership.

In 2010 the F150 Raptor had just started being delivered with the 6.2L engine and my '03 F150 is getting tired. It was an Sunday evening, the end of the month, HB Ford had exactly the truck I wanted on the lot. I went there to buy it, and my sales rep was named Omar.

Sticker on the Rpator: $50k
Additional sticker on the Raptor: ADM - $5k
Total: $55k

This being my first experience with ADM, I asked Omar what that meant. He told me it was how the dealer makes their profit, all dealers do that. I quickly figured out what was going on.

I offered $47.5k, they stuck to the $55k. We bandied about for a little while but Omar never budged a dime off the the $55. Oh well, no deal. As I was leaving, Omar told me me I can forget getting it any cheaper, they have the best price. Went home and checked the internet. Oh look, Cerritos Ford has exactly the same Raptor, I'll try them in the morning.

Monday morning I drove to Cerritos Ford, they indeed had the same Raptor. A sales rep approached me, I offered $47.5k cash and I'll take it right now, just like I did at HB Ford. He asked me to wait a while while he checked some numbers. Sales rep returned a couple minutes later, $47.5k + T&L, done deal. No muss, no fuss and I was out the door in my new Raptor less than a hour later.

As I'm driving home, Omar called and asked me if I could come by the dealership so we can talk some more? "Sure, I'll be there in 20 minutes".

I pull into the lot and Omar is standing there talking to someone and hadn't recognized my yet. I park near them and Omar does recognize me before I exit the truck. He comes to the door and:

Omar: What is this? I thought we had a deal! What did you pay?
Me: $47.5k at Cerritos Ford.
Omar: (loudly and angrily) That's BULLSHIT! No way!

I offer to show him the sales paperwork I had with me.

Omar: (gesturing angrily) GET THE FUCK OFF MY LOT!

I left.

There is your great guy, what a cool dude.

***EDIT***
1:03am and I can't sleep so I revisit this thread for some laughs. I see HB Ford has responded and learn they are a board sponsor (Level 1? All that ADM and they are still cheapskates). I'm betting by noon today my posts will be deleted and/or I'm banned. Any takers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is a completely separate subject, but here goes:

In 2003, I bought a new F150 Harley Davidson Edition from HB Ford. Paid less than sticker, great sales staff, no issues at all. Great sales experience.

HB Ford is subsequently sold to new ownership.

In 2010 the F150 Raptor had just started being delivered with the 6.2L engine and my '03 F150 is getting tired. It was an Sunday evening, the end of the month, HB Ford had exactly the truck I wanted on the lot. I went there to buy it, and my sales rep was named Omar.

Sticker on the Rpator: $50k
Additional sticker on the Raptor: ADM - $5k
Total: $55k

This being my first experience with ADM, I asked Omar what that meant. He told me it was how the dealer makes their profit, all dealers do that. I quickly figured out what was going on.

I offered $47.5k, they stuck to the $55k. We bandied about for a little while but Omar never budged a dime off the the $55. Oh well, no deal. As I was leaving, Omar told me me I can forget getting it any cheaper, they have the best price. Went home and checked the internet. Oh look, Cerritos Ford has exactly the same Raptor, I'll try them in the morning.

Monday morning I drove to Cerritos Ford, they indeed had the same Raptor. A sales rep approached me, I offered $47.5k cash and I'll take it right now, just like I did at HB Ford. He asked me to wait a while while he checked some numbers. Sales rep returned a couple minutes later, $47.5k + T&L, done deal. No muss, no fuss and I was out the door in my new Raptor less than a hour later.

As I'm driving home, Omar called and asked me if I could come by the dealership so we can talk some more? "Sure, I'll be there in 20 minutes".

I pull into the lot and Omar is standing there talking to someone and hadn't recognized my yet. I park near them and Omar does recognize me before I exit the truck. He comes to the door and:

Omar: What is this? I thought we had a deal! What did you pay?
Me: $47.5k at Cerritos Ford.
Omar: (loudly and angrily) That's BULLSHIT! No way!

I offer to show him the sales paperwork I had with me.

Omar: (gesturing angrily) GET THE FUCK OFF MY LOT!

I left.

There is your great guy, what a cool dude.
I guess that’s the way the mop flops. I can only speak to my experience. He was a great guy for me, and I plan on buying future cars from him. All I know, I walked in and bought a MY22 bronco for MSRP off the lot with no BS.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.