First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted some photos of my drive down the Oregon and California coast a few weeks back, well this is the return trip, mostly the drive through Yosemite. An absolutely incredible drive. I left Los Angeles and was hoping to drive Angels Crest Highway only to learn was closed because of the snow storm the night before. Basically had to drive around the mountains so I took the I-210 to I-5 to US14 where I stopped in Mohave to check out one of those airport storage facilities....

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5670

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5673
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5680

If you look close you'll see airplanes back there. Lots and lots of airplanes. I got a good run through the desert not far from here.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5689
Cool vista along the way.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! 2022-12-13 11.49.17

I eventually got to Fresno where I decided to take highway 41 to Yosemite. Only problem it had just dumped snow there as well and chains were required. I didnt have any. Crap. It was getting dark so I stayed the night in Oakhurst. The next morning I learned I could probably get to the park as the roads had been plowed. So off I went and after an insanely beautful drive along the bendy highway 41 I made it to the park.
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! 2022-12-13 12.14.11

I learned upon entry it's up to a $5,000 fine for not having chains in the park. Crap I still dont have any chains. I decided to risk it and see what the oncoming traffic looked like and if I saw chains I would turn around. Thankfully, almost no one had chains! I only saw a few dozen cars over the 4 hours I took to drive through. I put the GOAT mode in slippery and damn, not a single loss of traction up or downhill. I will admit with the possibility of a 5k fine I didnt push it.
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5707

Was sad to see a lot of the park burned.
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5730

Fire sucks.
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5750

My first sighting of Half Dome
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5758

Another shot of Half Dome.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5761

The icicles looked cool...as does the Bronco. :)
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5923

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5814

The waterfall was amazing in motion, lots of freezing mist.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5820

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5827

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5842

El Capitan reflecting on the hood.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5861

The crows there have absolutely zero fear of people. (not Bronco related, sorry! lol)

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! 2022-12-13 14.15.14

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5895

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! 2022-12-13 16.26.23

After exploring the park I hit highway 49. Look at that!

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5961

Check that road out...and view!

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5983

Highway 49. Stunning.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5986

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_6002

Im bummed a lot of my photos got sorta ruined by the LED light flickering. Longer exposures next time. The drivers headlight you can see the problem.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5869

One more shot of this guy.

Anyway, Yosemite was sick. I'd never been there and what a day I picked to go. Virtually empty, with all that wonderful snow.
Cheers.

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5786

Weird, cant seem to delete this image. I edit the post, delete it, save its still there. huh.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome pictures.
The burns may look bad, and do allow erosion, but it's a natural life cycle of a forest. Mature forests don't support a diverse population of plants and wildlife, so the burns are a good thing for the overall health of everyone who uses it, except of course humans who build houses in forests and don't want their home burned down.

EddieN

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome. Can't wait to do a similar road trip when I get mine.

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome pictures.
The burns may look bad, and do allow erosion, but it's a natural life cycle of a forest. Mature forests don't support a diverse population of plants and wildlife, so the burns are a good thing for the overall health of everyone who uses it, except of course humans who build houses in forests and don't want their home burned down.
True, but the fires are happening at far greater pace then ever before.

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going up HWY 14 you would have passed my work south of Mojave, you probably got a whiff of it (wastewater treatment plant).:LOL:

Great pics of the Non SAS 2 door Badlands, mine should arrive in a couple weeks.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, but the fires are happening at far greater pace then ever before.

Well, there may be more recent fires, but I doubt ever before. Forest management is a subject far greater than what can be discussed here. The last hundred years of trying to control mother nature with varying approaches has resulted in varying results. Those burns will look a lot better over the next 20 years when they are full of new growth and wildlife.

Anyway, awsome pictures. Looks like it was a great trip. I hope to get up that way sometime. Been to SoCal probably 20 times but never ventured North.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pictures. Also I could be wrong, but I believe the tires on your Badlands are M + S rated which wouldn't need chains on a 4x4 unless the snow is at a level 3 (or something like that) level of severity, which at that point the roads would normal be closed at anyway. You should double check to be safe but I remember reading about it on the Caltrans website a while back.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice photos! yeah Yosemite is beautiful. its been a few years since I've been.. its only about a 4 hour drive for me

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pictures. Also I could be wrong, but I believe the tires on your Badlands are M + S rated which wouldn't need chains on a 4x4 unless the snow is at a level 3 (or something like that) level of severity, which at that point the roads would normal be closed at anyway. You should double check to be safe but I remember reading about it on the Caltrans website a while back.
The ranger at the entrance gate just said its a federal law, anywhere in Yosemite when the chain signs are out you must have chains. Im guessing people have gotten stranded then some folks have to take a risk and rescue them. Thats probably when the 5k penalty comes down.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those burns will look a lot better over the next 20 years

... or 50 or 100 or whenever nature ends this extended drought they're having out west.
But again ... nature.

@mark1031
Absolutely stunning pics!!! Thanks so much for posting these up!

Sponsored
OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going up HWY 14 you would have passed my work south of Mojave, you probably got a whiff of it (wastewater treatment plant).:LOL:

Great pics of the Non SAS 2 door Badlands, mine should arrive in a couple weeks.
Oh yeah, I totally noticed that. I oddly pay attention to infrastructure and random things that make our world work. :)

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those pictures were awesome. Thanks for sharing them and your story. I enjoy seeing the good things like this vs some of the Bronco breakdowns (although I read them lol.)
Totally get what you mean about the fires. We visit the Smoky Mountains and the fire that broke out there a few years back actually cracked the rocks and made it dangerous to hike on now. It's growing back but what a loss for so many years.
Thanks again!!!

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted some photos of my drive down the Oregon and California coast a few weeks back, well this is the return trip, mostly the drive through Yosemite. An absolutely incredible drive. I left Los Angeles and was hoping to drive Angels Crest Highway only to learn was closed because of the snow storm the night before. Basically had to drive around the mountains so I took the I-210 to I-5 to US14 where I stopped in Mohave to check out one of those airport storage facilities....

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! DSC_5786

If you look close you'll see airplanes back there. Lots and lots of airplanes. I got a good run through the desert not far from here.

Cool vista along the way.

I eventually got to Fresno where I decided to take highway 41 to Yosemite. Only problem it had just dumped snow there as well and chains were required. I didnt have any. Crap. It was getting dark so I stayed the night in Oakhurst. The next morning I learned I could probably get to the park as the roads had been plowed. So off I went and after an insanely beautful drive along the bendy highway 41 I made it to the park.

I learned upon entry it's up to a $5,000 fine for not having chains in the park. Crap I still dont have any chains. I decided to risk it and see what the oncoming traffic looked like and if I saw chains I would turn around. Thankfully, almost no one had chains! I only saw a few dozen cars over the 4 hours I took to drive through. I put it in slippery mode, not a single loss of traction up or downhill.

Was sad to see a lot of the park burned.

Fire sucks.

My first sighting of Half Dome

Another shot of the Half Dome

The icicles looked cool...as does the Bronco. :)

The waterfall was amazing in motion, lots of freezing mist.

El Capitan reflecting on the hood.

The crows there have absolutely zero fear of people. (not Bronco related, sorry! lol)

After exploring the park I hit highway 49. Look at that!

Check that road out...and view!

Highway 49. Stunning.

Im bummed a lot of my photos got sorta ruined by the LED light flickering. Longer exposures next time. The drivers headlight you can see the problem.

One more shot of this guy.

Anyway, Yosemite was sick. I'd never been there and what a day I picked to go. Virtually empty, with all that wonderful snow.
Cheers.

Weird, cant seem to delete this image. I edit the post, delete it, save its still there. huh.
This is exactly why I purchased the bronco!!
I want to see all the national parks in my badlands!!
Sponsored