First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
frontier, jetta
Your Bronco Model
Base
can anyone recommend a tool to remove the wipers? something that is actually known to work? ('car' is a Bronco base.) Thanks.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve been considering a rear wiper delete and curious on what that entailsā€¦

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the front or rear? For the fronts you should be able to remove the nut and then a good tap with a db mallet on the hinge location should pop it off.

any part store should be able to rent the puller, but in my experience I havenever needed one.

OP
OP

rret

Base
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
frontier, jetta
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah that didn't work on my Bronco. The arms are super tight. Can anyone recommend a puller that actually works (fits down in there too)? I'd even buy a Ford tool but can't find that either.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was looking at this recently, too. I havenā€™t pulled the trigger, but it seems you need something like thisā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/OTUAYAUTO-Battery-Terminal-Wiper-Puller/dp/B076PY8785/ref=sr_1_13?crid=RPTBWDYL0L3R&keywords=2+arm+puller&qid=1683062591&sprefix=2+arm+puller,aps,219&sr=8-13

For the front or rear? For the fronts you should be able to remove the nut and then a good tap with a db mallet on the hinge location should pop it off.

any part store should be able to rent the puller, but in my experience I havenever needed one.
Thatā€™s what I thought, until I tried it. Good luck!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Try a small battery terminal puller. Or a small pickle wrench, applying upward pressure while you tap the post --and please place a disposable nut back onto the threads before tapping or you may ruin the threads and will be adding a thread chaser to your toolbox.

And don't be in such a hurry, apply WD40 or better liberally overnight

Failing the above if you are replacing the arms with something else then a mini Dremel type or oscillating tool will slice right through the arm you are trashing anyway