Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there was at least one person on this thread that had their wiper motor replaced by the dealer and the issue was resolved for them. Has anyone else had that happen for them? The issue still happens for me, but not all the time. When they choose to stop it never makes any sense. It is a steady rain when the wipers are on either low or high speed. Totally stupid.
Sponsored

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer replaced the wiper motor and I still have the same problem. The dealer wants me to bring the Bronco back.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't find the thread right now but another user has posted the wiper arm spring tension may be at fault. Their suggestion was to leave the arms folded out overnight for a week to help stretch the spring and that it yielded positive results.

My bronco also suffers from this issue so I'll be trying the method.
That's me. My theory is that there is nothing wrong with the motor, it is doing its job and slowing down when it senses too much friction. I believe the issue is that there is too much friction, even when raining. If this is true, replacing the motors won't help unless during the replacement everything is loosened up.

I had success with lifting the blades when not in use for several days, but after a few weeks they started slowing down again. I have since put on shorter blades, rain x, and synthetic wax on the blades and they started working again.

The above are the highlights, here is my thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-speed-issue-with-video-d.71980/#post-1901234

OP
OP
BobRandall

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any new successes for anyone with the wiper issue? I experienced it again this weekend in the rain and its ridiculous! It is dangerous for these damn wipers to decide to turn to intermittent when they should be on regular or high speed! I will schedule my dealer to look at these soon and let you know how it goes.

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So just came out of a very heavy rain and found the max wiper speed to be too slow. I understand this thread is about the wipers slowing or going intermittent but even at highest speed, do you find them a little slow?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine were slowing down and going intermittent, until I stood them up for 5 hours while detailing the vehicle. The spring is too tight initially, but stretches enough in the sun while standing up to release some of the tension, enough to ease up on the motor.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My bronco was in the shop almost two months, new motors, still not fixed. It’s about half my post history and one whole thread.

they’re dangerous and will cause accidents.
Hi there. This wiper concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end if you'd like. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine were slowing down and going intermittent, until I stood them up for 5 hours while detailing the vehicle. The spring is too tight initially, but stretches enough in the sun while standing up to release some of the tension, enough to ease up on the motor.

I have never had any issues despite long drives in heavy rain, but have to wonder if Ford may have had an issue with some of the springs (or the whole wiper arm assembly) from their supplier being out of spec (spring tension too high) affecting some vehicles, and not others....

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got caught in a 30 min downpour with top and doors off this weekend. Wipers (on the outside) were fine, but I needed them inside since everything was getting in the cab :(

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have never had any issues despite long drives in heavy rain, but have to wonder if Ford may have had an issue with some of the springs (or the whole wiper arm assembly) from their supplier being out of spec (spring tension too high) affecting some vehicles, and not others....
I’ve heard some have had issues and stretching the springs a little fixed it, as it did for me.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never had the issue, I have a 21. I do not see an automatic rain wiper? I know on my Harley F150 the wipers were automatic, and would start to work when it started raining. On my Bronco I do not see that setting. I have intermittent, but that's it I think? Lol I guess I need to go out with my glasses on.

My Bronco is a 21 Badlands and I have the LUX package.

EDIT: Ok Google is your friend. According to the interwebs, this automatic wiping feature is available on the OBX. So that counts me out!

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have left my wipers up for a few days, used rain x, and installed shorter (15") blades. They seem to be working much better, over the last month or so I have had 2 or 3 times where they would slowdown on the low setting, then I would switch to high for several swipes, then back to low and they would keep going at that point. Several other times I had no issues. I'm pretty happy with how they are currently working.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never had the issue, I have a 21. I do not see an automatic rain wiper? I know on my Harley F150 the wipers were automatic, and would start to work when it started raining. On my Bronco I do not see that setting. I have intermittent, but that's it I think? Lol I guess I need to go out with my glasses on.

My Bronco is a 21 Badlands and I have the LUX package.

EDIT: Ok Google is your friend. According to the interwebs, this automatic wiping feature is available on the OBX. So that counts me out!
None of the full size broncos have rain sensing wipers. Only Bronco sport has that.
Sponsored