First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco was my 4th daily driver with MT. Admittedly I've only replaced 1 clutch in my entire life, not surprisingly on my first vehicle that my older sister and I both learned on when we got our permits

I've had no MTs in the 15yrs I've lived in Vegas (and lived in a city about 1/10th its size prior to that)

Specific designs aside, I think it's a tough argument to say your average MT is just as durable as your average torque converter when you drive in heavy traffic 10x or more per week(?)
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Wrangler didn't have competition which helped it hold it's price. That has changed and they will drop now as well once the market catches up.
Jeep has always had competition. FJs, FJ Cruiser H3s. There have been a number of vehicles that have tried, Remains to be seen if after the initial excitement of the Bronco wears off what will happen. The vehicles that have tried have in the end also really kept their value but sales numbers fall off. The production issues have actually really helped create a mystic of the bronco as well as Ford has done a great media blitz. There are years of jeeps that are more desirable then others. I do not think anything's value is going anywhere anytime soon. With inflation as it is getting something for less money later is not really probable.

I agree with the option of buying a cheap commuter private party and then ordering the new Bronco and waiting.

Last edited:

Drive10851

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buy something cheap and order a new bronco. My dealer does no markup.

Sponsored

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That”ll buff out.

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Appreciate all the constructive and thoughtful responses. There were three distinct camps. Depending on circumstances I could have gone with any of these:

1. Buy a low-depreciation, reliable beater and wait for new order to deliver at MSRP.

While it makes the most fiscal sense I couldn't stomach another unknown lead time on this option.

2. Buy Back from insurer and repair to extent it's safe and drivable.

Unfortunately the only salvage quote the other driver's insurer based the Buy back option on was $29k. After paying off small loan I had on vehicle I would have had $9k left from appraisal to source very hard to find parts and then find enough friends to get me thru all the labor it would have been

3. Bite the bullet and spend the fair market value windfall the other driver's insurer appraised my bronco-for.

I took this advice as i had already been leaning toward it and picked up a SAS big bend 2.7 last night. In the end i haven't gone out of pocket beyond the insurance appraisal, have a brand new bronco with more features that i wanted all along, and after large down payment my loan is actually about $75 less/month than before.

I love it so far. Only gripe is the pesky 2.7l X braces. Has anyone gotten brave enough to try to move those up yet? Major surgery, I know, but it looks like there's some room
Ford Bronco Totaled my favorite truck ever 20221009_113730
Sponsored