Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2021 Badlands 4dr 2.7

I had a front passenger corner collision when someone decided to turn in front of me. Ripped off the entire front passenger wheel. Needed new knuckle, axle, front differential assembly, all the brake lines, tire, wheel, front core, radiator plus body. Ended up costing the insurance $35,000 in repairs, $5000 in dimished, plus loss of wages, injury, cost of rental $2200 and this did not total it at all.

I took this opportunity to get ADV Fiberglass fenders and a few other goodies.
My bronco recently got hit by a golf cart in the church parking. Given it was only 4 months old and now has a wreck on its record. How did you or the insurance company go about calculating the diminished value? the insurance company seems to think I’m crazy arguing with them about it.
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco recently got hit by a golf cart in the church parking. Given it was only 4 months old and now has a wreck on its record. How did you or the insurance company go about calculating the diminished value? the insurance company seems to think I’m crazy arguing with them about it.
Diminution in value losses are third party claims. Meaning, you go after the at fault driver’s insurance for the reduction in market value your car sustained from pre loss, to after repairs. There are some formulas out there, but it can be subjective. I think GA is the only state that allows first party DV claims (stemming from a State Farm case probably 15 years ago). Otherwise, there is no first party (under your policy) DV on a reparable vehicle.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you say "the insurance company" I am assuming you mean the other driver's insurance and not yours. While I am sure laws vary by state, I am in California and my own insurance told me straight out they do not pay DV to their own insured and I had to go after the other persons insurance.

With that said, the other person's insurance also said I was crazy asking for DV since they used all original parts. We argued for 5 months and submitted different quotes from dealers, carfax, truecar, kbb, dealership valuations and they still would not budge. In the end, I ended up filing a small claim lawsuit against the at fault driver. I stood in front of the judge to explain why I was requesting DV and she made a judgement based on that information. As soon as judgement was entered, the other insured cut a check.

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you say "the insurance company" I am assuming you mean the other driver's insurance and not yours. While I am sure laws vary by state, I am in California and my own insurance told me straight out they do not pay DV to their own insured and I had to go after the other persons insurance.

With that said, the other person's insurance also said I was crazy asking for DV since they used all original parts. We argued for 5 months and submitted different quotes from dealers, carfax, truecar, kbb, dealership valuations and they still would not budge. In the end, I ended up filing a small claim lawsuit against the at fault driver. I stood in front of the judge to explain why I was requesting DV and she made a judgement based on that information. As soon as judgement was entered, the other insured cut a check.
Yes. It has been filed with the church’s insurance. That sounds like a big huge pain in the butt. It amazes me that insurance would balk at this. No car is worth the same once it’s been damaged. Thanks for the info.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to question the insurance estimate without questioning the insurance estimate. Beside the damage shown in the pic, what else are they claiming is pushing it over the limit? Is the frame forward of that point tweaked? The rear section MB3Z-5F040-K is available as well as the whole frame NB3Z-5005-G. Unless there're some body panels damaged and not available or it needs the whole cab assembly, I'm not seeing a total loss there.
Though I won’t argue your logic, many insurance carriers are totaling vehicles due to supply constraints of obtaining the necessary replacement parts. The carriers don’t like keeping claims open for months at a time when parts are not available. This may or may not be the case, but a situation more common in today’s environment

Sponsored

Bronco574

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 f150 powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got rear-ended while I was at a full stop a month ago. We continued driving the Bronco around until we could get it into the shop. Just heard back from the shop, and with the damage to the frame, it's totaled. Looking for any advice on what to do next, take the insurance payout, and walk away? Repurchase it from insurance and try and get the frame pulled? Sort out a way to mount the bumper/tow hitch so that it's even? It's a bummer because it drives just fine, and we've only had it for about eight months. Yes, I know towing abilities would be compromised with this sort of damage.

Ford Bronco Totaled NOOOOOO! What now? 1690508503554

Added a “stinger “ on back to inhibit direct contact, side steps same. I figured the bronco design on back did little to prevent damage so I armored up 360. Stinger is a solid shank 14 in curt. More mass the better.

IMG_2905.jpeg

IMG_2906.jpeg

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added a “stinger “ on back to inhibit direct contact, side steps same. I figured the bronco design on back did little to prevent damage so I armored up 360. Stinger is a solid shank 14 in curt. More mass the better.
Maybe I'm missing something but that is still going to transfer the energy of a collision into whatever you've mounted it to.

Longhorn Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We had the same thing happen to our 2022 OBX 4D. My wife was rear-ended on the highway and we only saw slight bumper damage but ultimately the frame was bent beyond repair which is odd. Air bags didn’t even deploy and damage seemed light to have the frame so easily bent.

That said we have another scheduled for a build date of 8/3 but this one being almost 5k more and I worry a bit about if it’s the right call given cost of some other vehicles going down and quality/value.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn’t risk hanging on to it without replacing the entire frame. If you plan on keeping it forever, that's fine but you may be giving up warranty and you'll definitely be giving up resale value. I would move on.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The unfortunate reality is you’re probably going to take be financially worse off regardless of what happens, unless your policy is for replacement value.

Having said that, I would just take the payout and go get a new one. Was just getting an oil change at the dealer and they had 4x 4dr Squatches just sitting on the lot. Several lightnings and Mach E too, so I assume they are just marked up, but my point is Broncos aren’t rare any more.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Totaled NOOOOOO! What now? IMG_2906

Ford Bronco Totaled NOOOOOO! What now? IMG_2906

What is crazy is when you get rear ended or hit in the side (not at fault), and the person has state minimal coverage but the hitch/running boards cause it to excess so you file against your insurance and then your rates go up…. Because you made A claim. Yes. Im aware insurance requirements, and fault varies by state.

keep those hitches in… i refuse to

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm being honest and my Bronco got totalled, I would rethink my relationship with Ford.

BAD.LANDS

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Tundra CM, '69 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many have said here already, rely on the data and remove the emotion and sentiment towards the truck. It’s just a truck (yes, easier said than done). Assuming a fair payout that gets you into a similar rig with minimal out of pocket, do it. When you go to sell down the road that salvage title will be financially draining.
Sponsored