First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hoping someone can help me. My '21 Bronco was towed back to the dealer 6 times since June 13th. For 4 Months its been at the dealer. I've had it for 11 days since June 13th. The Bronco drives, then stalls or doesn't start at all. The dash throws a dozen different fault warnings. Dealer couldn't fix, because under warranty, they have to follow FORD protocols. Then after the 3rd Tow back to the dealer, the dealer involved FORD and a case number was assigned. The FORD FSE suggested various module replacements that did not work. After the 6th tow, I pleaded with the dealer to get the initiative to dig in, find the issue and fix the Bronco. The next day while the car was running, they tugged on the harness and the car stalled. 5 minutes later they found a loose/broken wire. The FORD FSE approved a new Harness. A week later, it was installed - Finally, but nooooo... The GATEWAY Module is faulting and needs to be replaced. These GATEWAY Modules are on backorder and my Bronco has been sitting at the dealer for a month. Ford is making Broncos and installing new GATEWAY Modules everyday, but they refuse to send ONE to the dealer so I can get my Bronco back. This has been a terrible experience. The worst customer service I've experienced in my 62 years. FORD just not care if your vehicle is disabled.
ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION?
Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to hear that. Itā€™s a pretty common issue it seems. Some people have had software updates to their stock gateway and others needed a replacement. Honestly, after 5 months, Iā€™d check into your stateā€™s Lemon law and get a different Bronco. Itā€™s obvious the dealer cannot find or fix the issue and Ford has no interest in correcting the situation. If it truly is the gateway module, itā€™s a quick repair but if itā€™s not, then youā€™re back where you started.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncos arenā€™t currently being made due to plant is on strike. I do wonder if parts you need arenā€™t going out due to same plant or supply depots being on strike or temporarily laid off.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had some of that with my '21 BB... it was the battery. It couldn't be charged, so they replaced it. Mine was a Dirt Mountain resident, so I think the battery drained while waiting on the hardtop...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, I had not heard of a Gateway Module until another thread started by @tock13, who can't get the software updated. Sorry guys, I hope y'all can get them fixed soon. At a minimum, hopefully you can get some kind of extended warranty.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford bot will be here soon to act like they care....

Seriously though, have they checked the usual suspects? Loose fusebox or battery terminal bolts, battery health, ecm, etc? Hate that this is happening to you.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, sorry to hear this. I have the same thing going on. 2023, took delivery Sept 2nd and 7 days later it was at the dealer for a gateway module replacement. Been there for 4 weeks.

The dealer got the new module couple days in and installed it but canā€™t get it programmed because whatever software is needed is not available in FDRS. Ford told my dealer today they are working on getting it updated but it may be weeks out yet. So even if you got a module they may still be stuck.

Seriously frustrating, I deal with servers and updating them all day long so absolutely no reason they couldnā€™t get this loaded ASAP.

I was at the point of asking for a buyback on the Bronco but think Iā€™ll wait it out a bit longer.

Have patience, which is near impossible I know full wellā€¦it sounds like Ford support is having issues staying afloat these days, not sure if the strike is affecting tech services or not.

Edit: the funny thing I just realizedā€¦I still absolutely love the Bronco and am loading up on Prime day stuff for a truck I donā€™t even haveā€¦.even after all this!! Iā€™ll tell ya, addictions are hell!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, sorry to hear this. I have the same thing going on. 2023, took delivery Sept 2nd and 7 days later it was at the dealer for a gateway module replacement. Been there for 4 weeks.

The dealer got the new module couple days in and installed it but canā€™t get it programmed because whatever software is needed is not available in FDRS. Ford told my dealer today they are working on getting it updated but it may be weeks out yet. So even if you got a module they may still be stuck.

Seriously frustrating, I deal with servers and updating them all day long so absolutely no reason they couldnā€™t get this loaded ASAP.

I was at the point of asking for a buyback on the Bronco but think Iā€™ll wait it out a bit longer.

Have patience, which is near impossible I know full wellā€¦it sounds like Ford support is having issues staying afloat these days, not sure if the strike is affecting tech services or not.

Edit: the funny thing I just realizedā€¦I still absolutely love the Bronco and am loading up on Prime day stuff for a truck I donā€™t even haveā€¦.even after all this!! Iā€™ll tell ya, addictions are hell!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Sounds like someone isn't telling you the truth, as the software is almost certainly going to be available in FDRS. At this point, I would be asking them to show me the software isn't available on FDRS. If you want to look at what they have been doing in FDRS, you can download a copy, pay for a license and see if what they are or are not doing... Or you could PM your VIN to someone here with FDRS and they can look to see what the real story is.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like someone isn't telling you the truth, as the software is almost certainly going to be available in FDRS. At this point, I would be asking them to show me the software isn't available on FDRS. If you want to look at what they have been doing in FDRS, you can download a copy, pay for a license and see if what they are or are not doing... Or you could PM your VIN to someone here with FDRS and they can look to see what the real story is.
Oh wow, I didnā€™t know it was that easy to do. Maybe I can get someone to look it up. Thanks!

Derecho

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hoping someone can help me. . .
ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE . .
In these endless repair situations another good option is BBB Auto Line ( 800-955-5100 ) and open a case w them. They will arbitrate for you free and get Ford's full attention. This option is described deep in the Bronco Owner's Manual - somewhere near the end. I'd do this before any buyback/lemon option.

Sponsored

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hoping someone can help me. My '21 Bronco was towed back to the dealer 6 times since June 13th. For 4 Months its been at the dealer. I've had it for 11 days since June 13th. The Bronco drives, then stalls or doesn't start at all. The dash throws a dozen different fault warnings. Dealer couldn't fix, because under warranty, they have to follow FORD protocols. Then after the 3rd Tow back to the dealer, the dealer involved FORD and a case number was assigned. The FORD FSE suggested various module replacements that did not work. After the 6th tow, I pleaded with the dealer to get the initiative to dig in, find the issue and fix the Bronco. The next day while the car was running, they tugged on the harness and the car stalled. 5 minutes later they found a loose/broken wire. The FORD FSE approved a new Harness. A week later, it was installed - Finally, but nooooo... The GATEWAY Module is faulting and needs to be replaced. These GATEWAY Modules are on backorder and my Bronco has been sitting at the dealer for a month. Ford is making Broncos and installing new GATEWAY Modules everyday, but they refuse to send ONE to the dealer so I can get my Bronco back. This has been a terrible experience. The worst customer service I've experienced in my 62 years. FORD just not care if your vehicle is disabled.
ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION?
lemon. sell back to Ford and move on

OP
OP
ML's Bronco

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Broncos arenā€™t currently being made due to plant is on strike. I do wonder if parts you need arenā€™t going out due to same plant or supply depots being on strike or temporarily laid off.
That could be the Gateway Module problem... Just wish someone from FORD would just say that... It's just radio silence, translated to - We just don't care...

OP
OP
ML's Bronco

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lemon. sell back to Ford and move on
I'd love to, but FORD will give me $35,000 for the Lemon Law buyback. I paid $45,000 18 months ago. Connecticut has a Mandatory Mileage Offset, so the Lemon Law deducts $9,900 from the MSRP.
So I can't buy another '21 Bronco 2 door because the prices are $40,000 - $45,000. Not including upgrades and extra's I put into it. 2 inch lift kit and 35" tires... I'd be out almost $10,000 just to get back to what I had... anyone else have a way around the Milage Offset or at least negotiate? Many thanks!

OP
OP
ML's Bronco

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In these endless repair situations another good option is BBB Auto Line ( 800-955-5100 ) and open a case w them. They will arbitrate for you free and get Ford's full attention. This option is described deep in the Bronco Owner's Manual - somewhere near the end. I'd do this before any buyback/lemon option.
WILL DO!! Many Thanks!!!!!!
Sponsored