First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know the procedure for having the Bronco learn new tpms sensors? I just got some wheels in, and I am about to have new sensors I bought mounted. Most fords have some sequence of key turns or button presses to put the vehicle into the learning mode. Then the screen will tell you which tire to program. Anyone dealt with this yet?

Didn't mean to post this in marketplace. Can't seem to delete. Sorry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PrevCYBRTRKrez

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Guess I wasn't using the right search words. Thanks. This simplifies things quite a bit. Guess my 12 dollar tpms reset tool won't be needed lol.
Meh, the search function here sucks donkey balls. If I’m ever looking for a thread here, I google whatever it is with bronco6g as a search term. Seems to find a lot more than the search function here. If the bronco doesn’t recognize them for whatever reason, there are some standard ways to teach it. You mentioned you have the training tool, so that’s one. Then there’s a hazard light method and a power button option. There’s a few you tube videos out there that can walk you through those.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Guess I wasn't using the right search words. Thanks. This simplifies things quite a bit. Guess my 12 dollar tpms reset tool won't be needed lol.
I had to use the reset tool. With vehicle off pump the brake once, key on, key off, key on, key off, key on but leave on. Pump brake once more. Now cycle the key 3 more times. On the 3rd time it should beep telling you tpms reset has been activated

Sponsored
OP
OP
PrevCYBRTRKrez

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to use the reset tool. With vehicle off pump the brake once, key on, key off, key on, key off, key on but leave on. Pump brake once more. Now cycle the key 3 more times. On the 3rd time it should beep telling you tpms reset has been activated
Did it tell you which tire to reset at a time?

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you get it to switch to another tire mine just keeps doing DF.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has the auto-learn been confirmed? With me shuffling wheels around using the stock tires, I lost track of which sensor came from where... I also used the spare from my wife's Badlands... So I have a mix of sensors...

Also- With my wife's Badlands, the spare did have a TPMS in it.. but with the spare removed, it did not throw a TPMS error. I was surprised by that.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With my wife's Badlands, the spare did have a TPMS in it.. but with the spare removed, it did not throw a TPMS error. I was surprised by that.
I don't know Ford's system ... yet .... but as I understand TPM sensors, to save battery life, they only transmit while they are spinning above certain speeds or something to that effect.

So, the spare would never transmit in that case, which is why the Bronco did not register it as MIA.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can confirm that they do indeed self learn. I swapped my stock TPMS sensors over to my new wheels without considering where they came from or went...

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed new tires and times with sensors installed from discount tire. He told me the Bronco would just figure it out - In doubt, I asked “how does the bronco know which tire is in what position??”
He was right. First time I drove with the sensors the bronco figured it out, and I verified with a pressure deviation.
I’m a believer. But note - you do need a compatible sensor, as their are different types and broadcast frequencies.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed new tires and times with sensors installed from discount tire. He told me the Bronco would just figure it out - In doubt, I asked “how does the bronco know which tire is in what position??”
He was right. First time I drove with the sensors the bronco figured it out, and I verified with a pressure deviation.
I’m a believer. But note - you do need a compatible sensor, as their are different types and broadcast frequencies.
Bronco is so smart! 👶 🧠 🤖

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have antennae for TPMS and it figures out location via signal strength.
Sponsored