John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are talking about a 7 year old truck. If it did it 7 years ago, I am sure it is more advanced today. What I'm driving at, is that the computer is able to power both front wheels even without a locker on some applications. If you are rock crawling you would have to spin first, so not ideal! Haha it may not have even been a full 10 seconds, but nowhere near instant!
I know it is far from accurate but pull up the power distribution display mode ( probably only certain trim) I found it interesting that in 4A power appears to be applied to all 4 corners equally when under moderate acceleration. Not at all how I imagined it worked
Sponsored

Jimmyleetennessee

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford f150 fx4 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it is far from accurate but pull
Checkout the 8 minute mark.
This guy is using trail control but in theory it's still trying to use traction control to get out of a rut. No dice.
I'm very familiar with this video...
If you notice, when he placed the vehicle into "rock crawl" it went right on... Even If he would have manually unlocked the front locker, the traction control would have compensated for the open differential while in this mode. I am sure of this, because my seven year old f150 does it. The reason the base ones don't do it, is because they are specifically programmed not to. The reason "trail control," doesn't do it, is because it like cruise control for the woods. It is programmed to allow more wheel spin. It's not comparable to A Trac whatsoever. It is Advancetrac, and it redistributes power, even while off road. Traction control in a passenger car, is not at all comparable. In my experience, it's useless when you are stuck in a car. My F150, not so much.

Last edited: