Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, is anyone out there thinking about swapping out the E lockers in the Bronco for Air lockers?
Sponsored

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If properly in stall both are dependable. Air lockers require air compressor or CO2 and a 12 volt connection. E-lockers a 12 volt connection only. Air lockers engage almost immediately and require very little tire rotation to engage which is a plus over an e-locker but only to hard core off roaders and rock crawlers. If I was going to go aftermarket I would not order factory lockers.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If properly installed both are dependable. Air lockers requires air compressor or CO2 and a 12 volt connection. E-lockers a 12 volt connection only. Air lockers engage almost immediately and require very little tire rotation to engage which is a plus over an e-locker but only to hard core off roaders and rock crawlers. If I was going to go aftermarket I would not order factory lockers.

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One thing nice about factory lockers? Warranty

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Air lockers will leak....not a matter of how, but when. E-Lockers are more reliable in terms of availability (when you press the button, they will engage), you just need to make sure you buy from a reputable brand (i.e., EATON) who make forged units....or else “snap goes the weasel.”
Sponsored