W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My former 2011 rubicon (that I traded in for Wife's new car ;) ) had a fatal flaw when using the lockers and was wondering if the Bronco's had the same issue. When you locked the differentials but didn't disable traction control the car would stop the spinning wheels if you hit mud or a condition you needed to spin em to go. This caused me to bog down and call friends for the tow of shame.
Is this an issue with Sasquatch Broncos?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My former 2011 rubicon (that I traded in for Wife's new car ;) ) had a fatal flaw when using the lockers and was wondering if the Bronco's had the same issue. When you locked the differentials but didn't disable traction control the car would stop the spinning wheels if you hit mud or a condition you needed to spin em to go. This caused me to bog down and call friends for the tow of shame.
When using GOAT modes, traction control is disabled automatically in any situation you would be worried about the above mentioned problem. Have taken my Bronco down a few fairly serious trails already with zero issue.

I have LUX, so I have been taking advantage of the full 360 cameras while off-roading. This requires the correct GOAT mode, so I almost never leave it in normal mode.

If you DID leave it in normal mode and manually selected 4H or 4L, you would be manually engaging your lockers with the HERO switches, and traction control is just 1 button away.. I did this a few times and never had any issues either. Really though, GOAT modes make it quite easy to always be configured correctly.

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I understood, a base model's (Sasquatch) GOAT modes will stop this from happening.

THIS IS GREAT!

When using GOAT modes, traction control is disabled automatically in any situation you would be worried about the above mentioned problem. Have taken my Bronco down a few fairly serious trails already with zero issue.

I have LUX, so I have been taking advantage of the full 360 cameras while off-roading. This requires the correct GOAT mode, so I almost never leave it in normal mode.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understood, a base model's (Sasquatch) GOAT modes will stop this from happening.

THIS IS GREAT!
Yeah. I took a person who was relatively new to off-roading out yesterday down a fairly decent trail through some amazing canyons. After a quick introductory course, he was able to navigate every obstacle with zero issue by just using the proper GOAT mode. We never had any traction issues and the Bronco's were capable of SO much more.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That doesn’t sound right. My ‘13 automatically disables traction control when you go in low range
Sponsored