First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. That said, I dont like that its been branded as a mustang. But I really don't care either. I still love the mustang. The mach E name could have stood on its own honestly. But ford screwed the pooch on one aspect. The mustang mach e name would have been perfect for a electric mustang. But maybe thats the point. To let people know, the regular mustang is here to stay, the Mach E is just its electric brother.
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jake, I hope everything is alright in your personal life brother. Lot of negativity in that last post. If the fact that the Mach E is a Mustang is REALLY that big of a deal to you then I guess I canā€™t relate and wonā€™t comment any further. Iā€™m not trying to stir up drama but no need to bash Nick.
No negativity, just being real. I donā€™t even see where where I was ā€œbashingā€ nick

My last statement in regards to any Ford product... they have a lot more money than us... they have done a lot more research than us... they have a lot more experience than us. Can we just see how things turn out a few years from now before lighting it on fire? Oof
The problem with the idea of ā€œwait and seeā€ is that by the time it DOES happen, itā€™ll be too late. We have to have some foresight here

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chrispy....what kinda balls are still in the air?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jake... the fact that Ford did or didnā€™t call certain things over the years doesnā€™t really matter. Ford as called a LOT of things ā€œmustangā€ over the years. Honestly, as a whole probably 90% of mustangs ever sold were complete dogshit vehicles. I havenā€™t seen anybody call the Mach E bad, they just donā€™t want it called a mustang. So since itā€™s a better vehicle than most mustangs from basically every perspective, whereā€™s the issue? You can talk about Iacocca rolling in his grave or whatever but itā€™s not like that even matters. Itā€™s a fast car, it looks like mustang, itā€™s a ford product. Sounds closer to a ā€˜67 than an I4 2.3 Lima Foxbodybdoes to me.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jake... the fact that Ford did or didnā€™t call certain things over the years doesnā€™t really matter. Ford as called a LOT of things ā€œmustangā€ over the years. Honestly, as a whole probably 90% of mustangs ever sold were complete dogshit vehicles. I havenā€™t seen anybody call the Mach E bad, they just donā€™t want it called a mustang. So since itā€™s a better vehicle than most mustangs from basically every perspective, whereā€™s the issue? You can talk about Iacocca rolling in his grave or whatever but itā€™s not like that even matters. Itā€™s a fast car, it looks like mustang, itā€™s a ford product. Sounds closer to a ā€˜67 than an I4 2.3 Lima Foxbodybdoes to me.
It doesnā€™t matter whether itā€™s good or bad, itā€™s about whether itā€™s true to the spirit of the Mustang. Good or bad alone doesnā€™t determine a Mustang, itā€™s what the car IS that determines it, and the Mach E ISNā€™T a Mustang

my wife made an excellent dinner tonight. I think Iā€™m gonna start calling her cooking ā€œMustangā€ because itā€™s so good

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most models would have had production body prototypes out on the streets months ago. Being 6'ish months from the reveal and a ~year from Job 1 makes it unusual that we haven't seen one already.

Ford is still going out of their way to keep Bronco hidden, and it is still irritating.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most models would have had production body prototypes out on the streets months ago. Being 6'ish months from the reveal and a ~year from Job 1 makes it unusual that we haven't seen one already.

Ford is still going out of their way to keep Bronco hidden, and it is still irritating.
This very thread is evidence to the contrary... Mach E was spotted for the first time in production flesh less than 3 months ago. We still have AT LEAST 4 months until Bronco, and weā€™ve already gotten to see the R, which at least gives us a hint at some design elements

Be patient, our time will come

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing to do with Subsidies, but Ford would be positioned as inferior to Tesla, psychologically, if they did not maintain the same Price Point as Tesla.

They are pushing it as a Gen1 Enthusiast buy, with nameplate and cost, and are charging more to let people feel special about buying it.

Price will come down, subsidies or not, once competitors beyond Tesla drop similar vehicles
Price will come down when battery cost and or volume contract drive down cost. Ford didnt price this where it is to make bank and wait for competitors to step into market to balance pricing.

Edit/Add - after wadding through the muck.

Everyone needs to take a step towards the fridge grab your favorite cold one stop for a second at least think....damn we can get a 760hp 500, a 25k rental basher, a 65k 350 with a FPC engine or a 4 door electric with some damn cool features all within the mustang brand!

I've owned more mustangs than I can count with three currently in the stable, do I think Ford could have reached and came up with some other branding scheme? Maybe...but they picked the most iconic brand out there to launch the MachE right into mainstream. I have ZERO issue with it...that fact that when ours arrives I can walk to the garage a say "let's take the mustang" and have more options and people only makes it better!

The only complaint I have is when the GT hits the garage I hope they figure out a way to get 275 or so range out of it.

Cheers

Last edited:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its mustang enough to join my stable. The fact that its so polarizing is for a reason, it will draw that many more to it. People bitching about it likely arent buying an electric car if it printed money as it went down the road.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can this thread be moved into the "Mach E" forum section, as it's not Bronco related? Just saying....... :bandit::bandit::bandit:

Also.... Ford didn't need to link the Mach E to the Mustang, as the Ford Thunderbolt could have been more appropriate.... just saying....

Last edited:

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford didnt price this where it is to make bank and wait for competitors to step into market to balance pricing.
I did not say they did it to make money. I said they priced it so it would not appear inferior to their only competitor.
Once more competitors are in the market, the price point will move based on the options and offerings being balanced out.
Right now they are competing against a boutique brand and need to be priced accordingly. Once Dodge and Kia come into the market the price point will likely come down (and for Tesla as well)
Sponsored