ethanxy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you run the light bar cut out without a light bar in place of the cut out, you will experience additional wind noise than normal. This is due to the cut out allowing the wind to run between the roof and the rack as you drive and it is not exactly a fun noise/whistle to hear, but it is not obnoxious.
Depends on whether you want to run a light bar or not. My Heretic bar is still on backorder, so my rack does make more noise than I'd like, however it's really not that big of a deal. I cannot speak to how it sounds with a bar in place, however I don't find mine to be all that annoying.
Thanks for the information.

For me, the Bronco exhibits noticeable wind noise at speeds above 70 miles per hour, but I don't experience significant wind noise when driving below 70 miles per hour.

Since I have to travel on highways in order to get to the rockies I am particularly concerned about the wind noise issue.

I truly appreciate the cut-out design with the smaller front air deflector.
Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks, without cut off is the way to go then
I have been running mine with a deflector with lightbar cutout with no lightbar. I plan to get a Heretic 40” lightbar down the line but so far the noise isn’t very annoying to me.

Be careful though, the finish on my deflector started flaking pretty much from day 1. You can see it near the top left in my pic as that silver spot. Not sure why.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? DSC_0148

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been running mine with a deflector with lightbar cutout with no lightbar. I plan to get a Heretic 40” lightbar down the line...
Membership at the other site will give you 10% discount at Heretic. Not much, but it should offset shipping and state taxes. Also, Heretic will give first responders and veterans 15%, but they require verification.
Also, they have occasional sales, especially around major holidays. Get on their mailing list to be sure you're notified.
I have the 40" lightbar, and it provides fantastic illumination, but I can't provide comparison with other vendors. I also went for amber ditch lights, which have worked well in the few times I've been in heavy mist. I also splurged on their LED dome lights, same as undercarriage "rock lights," except they have on/off buttons. I have them mounted on my TRMX side rails, and use them for loading, unloading, and campsite (campsight?) illumination.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been running mine with a deflector with lightbar cutout with no lightbar. I plan to get a Heretic 40” lightbar down the line but so far the noise isn’t very annoying to me.

Be careful though, the finish on my deflector started flaking pretty much from day 1. You can see it near the top left in my pic as that silver spot. Not sure why.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? DSC_0148
Send us an email and we will get it replaced for you, definitely not something that should be happening!

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Membership at the other site will give you 10% discount at Heretic. Not much, but it should offset shipping and state taxes. Also, Heretic will give first responders and veterans 15%, but they require verification.
Also, they have occasional sales, especially around major holidays. Get on their mailing list to be sure you're notified.
I have the 40" lightbar, and it provides fantastic illumination, but I can't provide comparison with other vendors. I also went for amber ditch lights, which have worked well in the few times I've been in heavy mist. I also splurged on their LED dome lights, same as undercarriage "rock lights," except they have on/off buttons. I have them mounted on my TRMX side rails, and use them for loading, unloading, and campsite (campsight?) illumination.
we got 40" bars in stock and ready to ship, most sites are drop shipping this from heretic and heretic is experiencing long wait times.

Sponsored

DCsBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any real world reviews / DIY's on the forums on the Trailrax TRMR and Paxrax kit?

They look great, but id like to see a review or feedback from someone other than them or any "ambassadors"
I bought and installed the TRMR rack and Paxrax kit for my ‘23 Wildtrak about 8 months ago, and I’ve really enjoyed them. Love the low profile look and the windscreen, and they’re heavy duty and allow me to put on a whole bunch of things.

I have been running 2 Roam 128 L hard cases with the Roam-locking mounts, which make it easy to pull the cases off while keeping the hard mounts on for when I need to throw the cases back on. Love the lock options to secure cases to the hard mounts.

Also running the universal traction board mount on the front of the rack and just got the American Adventure Labs’ Sleeper Keeper for my oversized Gazelle pop-up tent on the back of the rack (have not used yet), behind the Roam cases.

On the paxrax, I have 2 gallon gas and 2 gallon water Rotopax containers with locks on one side and the shovel/axe mount on the other side (can lock with a padlock)

Installation was fairly easy and straightforward, but just takes a little while. No real issues or challenges with install though. You may want to consider buying some extra and longer (1 inch) carriage bolts for when you’re mounting things to the rack though as I broke a few when fastening and noticed the heavier duty 1” bolts fit in the rack channels well.

Highly recommend this rack system. Pics attached.

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_6710

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_6672

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_0033

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_6750

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_9011

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_1165

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_1166

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_1168

Last edited:

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought and installed the TRMR rack and Paxrax kit for my ‘23 Wildtrak about 8 months ago, and I’ve really enjoyed them. Love the low profile look and the windscreen, and they’re heavy duty and allow me to put on a whole bunch of things.

I have been running 2 Roam 128 L hard cases with the Roam-locking mounts, which make it easy to pull the cases off while keeping the hard mounts on for when I need to throw the cases back on. Love the lock options to secure cases to the hard mounts.

Also running the universal traction board mount on the front of the rack and just got the American Adventure Labs’ Sleeper Keeper for my oversized Gazelle pop-up tent on the back of the rack (have not used yet), behind the Roam cases.

On the paxrax, I have 2 gallon gas and 2 gallon water Rotopax containers with locks on one side and the shovel/axe mount on the other side (can lock with a padlock)

Installation was fairly easy and straightforward, but just takes a little while. No real issues or challenges with install though. You may want to consider buying some extra and longer (1 inch) carriage bolts for when you’re mounting things to the rack though as I broke a few when fastening and noticed the heavier duty 1” bolts fit in the rack channels well.

Really appreciate your review! If you ever need further support, feel free to hit us up. Love the way you built your Bronco. Would really appreciate a review on google as well!
Sponsored