Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the exact same dilemma. I traded my Silverado Double Cab Truck for the Bronco. I have 2 kayaks and 2 paddle bards to transport- long distance for vacations. I have a 2 door, no roof rack. It seems very difficult and very expensive to get a roof rack- then you need the in between cross bars, then the kayak holders, etc. Probably a 2K expense. My Silverado was way more practical......but I HAD to have the Bronco, you know what I mean LOL. I thought of using the small foldable trailer that is around $600 as an option although I will need to store it when not in use. I have no where to store it it- even folded- have to get a storage unit and they are stupid expensive, going up by the day around where I live.

I wish aftermarket manufacturers would start making roof rack options. More offerings might bring the price down a little? Seems as though there is a huge market for the racks. The connecting points are very logical on the Bronco and if I had tubing and a welder (and knew how to weld LOL) could easily design and build a roof rack for a few hundred dollars.
I know what you mean, I came from a Supercrew F150 into my 2 door Bronco. Packing for camping trips is a little more interesting now too lol.
I lucked out and managed to buy factory roof rails from another Bronco owner who never used his, but I only have one kayak so I didn’t bother with getting a carrier. I honestly figured by now we’d see more aftermarket options for these type of things, Ford charging more than double what it costs from the factory just for the roof rails is a little ridiculous
Sponsored