Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured I'd assemble my Icon EXPs tonight and hit some hang ups.

First, I went to install the snap ring and it's one of those damn snap rings without the holes for pliers. I have the flat tip pliers for that type, but they don't open quite far enough so I'll have to buy a bigger pair.

Then as I read through the instructions it calls for a spacer if you want to run 37s, part # 611082, which isn't included and goes for another $50. Nawww, I'm going to cut some rings out of UHMW tomorrow. Even though these Swamper 37s are tiny, I want to leave some breathing room in case I ever go to a real 37.

611082_Bronco EXP_Shaft Bumper Retainer_web_large.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cooking up a little project. This should pair with almost any of the tailgate supports, but it would be nice to have it part of the support too. Depending how this prototype goes I may get some cut out and offer another product.

PXL_20230114_164709173.jpg

PXL_20230111_002414503~3.jpg

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been 1 year! I put on 9200 miles. It's mostly been a terrific journey. I've had 3 issues in that year, 1 self inflicted - the boulder - and the other 2 are not preventing use but haven't been resolved yet (cracked airbag cover and noisy transmission). Otherwise I've avoided all the other things people have complained about.

Looking back over the year and my usage, there isn't a single thing I would have optioned differently on my build. There are 2 things I would have checked off if offered by Ford - factory soft top and 5.13 gears.

So what does the next year of ownership look like? I need to get my lift and winch put on, get my Swampers mounted on the beadlocks, and I'm going to rack up a lot more miles than last year. I have planned trips to Moab and Windrock for sure and will see what else comes up.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been 1 year! I put on 9200 miles. It's mostly been a terrific journey. I've had 3 issues in that year, 1 self inflicted - the boulder - and the other 2 are not preventing use but haven't been resolved yet (cracked airbag cover and noisy transmission). Otherwise I've avoided all the other things people have complained about.

Looking back over the year and my usage, there isn't a single thing I would have optioned differently on my build. There are 2 things I would have checked off if offered by Ford - factory soft top and 5.13 gears.

So what does the next year of ownership look like? I need to get my lift and winch put on, get my Swampers mounted on the beadlocks, and I'm going to rack up a lot more miles than last year. I have planned trips to Moab and Windrock for sure and will see what else comes up.
You've got one helluva drive to Windrock! Assuming you're referring to the Windrock in TN.

If so, let me know if you run into any problems, we're a couple hours away near Nashville, but I have contacts all over to help out in a pinch.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've got one helluva drive to Windrock! Assuming you're referring to the Windrock in TN.

If so, let me know if you run into any problems, we're a couple hours away near Nashville, but I have contacts all over to help out in a pinch.
Spending a week In TN this summer. Couple days each in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga.

Well at least that's the plan. I've had a couple interviews this week for jobs near Knoxville. If one pans out I'll be moving in the next month or so.

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just remember Queen Anne in ice doesn't count as off road even if you hit dirt, brick and cobble stone all in the same block 🤣

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. Very low signal-to-noise ratio here on the forum, unfortunately. I listen to some members' opinions closely, because they have proven credible over time, but I have a bunch of others on my ignore list. 😄
Exactly! There's a big echo chamber here (expected and seen in Jeepdom and FJ land to) then there are a couple that seem to be credible and open.

But then there's @Tricky Dick who I've seen set some less than intelligent posters up just to drop an acme anvil on them 🤣

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got a picture of the 37 Swampers next to the Badak Tractor Tires?
I haven't gotten around to that. I need to get one mounted. By the tape they should be exactly the same height.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally found the courage to remove a beauty ring so I can get the Swampers mounted and it couldn't have been easier. So many stories of cross threading but they all broke easily by hand then backed out with a 1/4" impact. 4 more to go.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally found the courage to remove a beauty ring so I can get the Swampers mounted and it couldn't have been easier. So many stories of cross threading but they all broke easily by hand then backed out with a 1/4" impact. 4 more to go.
We’re not all the Incredible Hulk, like you.

I found 2 bolts were an issue on my 5 wheels. Hopefully yours all come out easily.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are they around 36ish?

Status