Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to experience a Lasyone's Meat Pie in Natchitoches and learned of the wonder of a crawfish po boy.

Then we played with gators.

We're hunkered down on the Arkansas side of Stateline in Texarkana tonight. Can't say this has been a great first impression for either state.
I bet your sleeping arrangements affected your thinking a bit. :poop:😄

Not as fun as the Bronco but we spent our first night in Big Timber, MT.

PXL_20220618_134801581.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet your sleeping arrangements affected your thinking a bit. :poop:😄
We actually stayed in a hotel in Texarkana and I think the camper would have been preferable, it was pretty nasty.

The Ozarks are on my list for return trips. I regret that we didn't have time to go up that way.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ozarks are on my list for return trips. I regret that we didn't have time to go up that way.
It would have been fun to connect this time, but I knew you had previously scheduled reservations, and you couldn't deviate. We'll hook up next time. 👍

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would have been fun to connect this time, but I knew you had previously scheduled reservations, and you couldn't deviate. We'll hook up next time. 👍
I'm almost certain now that I want to move to Tennessee in the next couple years, so there is going to be tons to see and do within a day's drive.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm almost certain now that I want to move to Tennessee in the next couple years, so there is going to be tons to see and do within a day's drive.
I made the move to east Tennessee two years ago and it was the best decision. You'll love it here

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the move to east Tennessee two years ago and it was the best decision. You'll love it here
I was only in TN for about 40 hours or so and didn't love the west half as much but the east half looks like a winner, and easy access to the Dragon would be a dream.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was only in TN for about 40 hours or so and didn't love the west half as much but the east half looks like a winner, and easy access to the Dragon would be a dream.
You'll find there are three distinct areas of TN...west, middle, and east. I don't care for west TN. Can't quite put my finger on it but just not me. Generally fairly flat. Middle is pretty good and east is nice. All depends on where you are. Go too far east and you get into the hills...pretty but you find some 'interesting' folks there. Some areas actually get a little dangerous. Example...Newport and its county (Cock County) are home to chop shops and pot.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jung is decent. Check out St Louis #2 nearby. Marie Laveau is buried there. You can break your Bronco curse at her crypt!

Also easy walking from your location....check out Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop for a drink. Cafe Du Monde of course. Gumbo yaya at Mr Bs near you also has the best gumbo in town. BBQ Shrimp there is also divine. D Day museum is worth a visit in the CBD.

Essencefest should be kicking off in a few days...so you are in the calm before the storm.
I think he made it out ahead of that!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My original retirement plan was for East Tennessee… but as I’ve gotten older I’ve decided that I’ll probably go to south Alabama or Florida… 🙂
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.