First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For more than a year and a half, I have assumed I did not order the proper option to cover this gigantic hole/mount in the cargo area trim. Then I discovered….duh…. It was to attach the soft top (?). Wouldn’t you think Ford would have provided a snap in plastic piece to cover this area???

So, I added an extra set of tie-down loops and a small UHMW trim piece. See below. Looks like my measurements weren’t too exact…. However it really ties up all the loose trim in that area.

Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? IMG_3388
Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? IMG_3390
Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? IMG_3389
Sponsored

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is actually a good idea.

Doesn't interfere with the "hump" on the rear tailgate??
Oh, shit. I just closed it and walked away…. Didn’t seem like there was any interference….🤪

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That texture on the plastic is a great match, nice job. I did the same thibg with my 3D printer but the texture isn't as good as that.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WhooooHooo….NO PROBLEMO!!! Way clear.
Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? Subject
Were you afraid the picture might give away your position, or do you have inappropriate stickers all over the inside of your trunk? 😂

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice mod - Simple, yet functional! I bet they make these tie down anchors in black too, which would blend in even more and match the OEM tie downs on the cargo floor.

But regardless, I like it! Thanks for sharing this.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For more than a year and a half, I have assumed I did not order the proper option to cover this gigantic hole/mount in the cargo area trim. Then I discovered….duh…. It was to attach the soft top (?). Wouldn’t you think Ford would have provided a snap in plastic piece to cover this area???

So, I added an extra set of tie-down loops and a small UHMW trim piece. See below. Looks like my measurements weren’t too exact…. However it really ties up all the loose trim in that area.

Now for the great 12 to 6 or 9 to 3 orientation debate. Great idea BTW. Now I have to go see if the RockWorkx hard top hold downs fit and then see if they will sell me just 2.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you afraid the picture might give away your position, or do you have inappropriate stickers all over the inside of your trunk? 😂
Haha,…Cactus Gray, just came out that way. When I posted the photo I thought WTF!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now for the great 12 to 6 or 9 to 3 orientation debate. Great idea BTW. Now I have to go see if the RockWorkx hard top hold downs fit and then see if they will sell me just 2.
Depending on the color you get I'd be in for 2 if they won't split up the sets.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed eyebolts in all the bolt holes along the D-pillar and across the top of the C-pillar so I can use them as tiedowns. A locking nut on top so I could control the orientation, and a rubber-backed washer so the locking nut won't rub the paint. Could use them to bolt on stuff back there as well if you wanted to, I don't have anything on the pillars though.

Like 10 eyebolts or something. Plan to do the same with the 4 bolts holding down my Rally Top along the top of the body back there too next time I have it yanked off and go to reinstall it.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I contacted Rockworx recently because I wanted two for the D pillars. They sent me this link to the Jeep ones.
https://www.rockworkx.com/products/...um-2-4-pack-thumbscrew?variant=42277302010052
I don't know why they haven't added the Bronco to the description but they do work in the D pillar, don't know if they fit this other location.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great mod indeed - several weeks ago, I created and printed a direct fit. I simply used an M6 bolt for installation however I may “upgrade” to your eyebolt instead. @RHeinz send me a PM with your address and I will send you a sent for your contribution.

Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? IMG_6123

Ford Bronco Trim Piece Needed? 62E1EC8D-1472-4454-8B99-E0475E4B18D4
Sponsored