Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to try a different Dealership Tomorrow. I don't mind waiting until all previous orders are completed, I just want to get on the list before it's a 5 Year wait.
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is exactly the way it should be...there is a huge line, many of us will be 2023, even early day 2 folks. As far as I'm concerned Ford shouldn't take ANY new orders until EVERY.SINGLE.RESERVATION order had been fulfilled. Furthermore, they should be fulfilled in the order they were received.
Restaurants are typically walk in business now. Restaurants with reservations are less common. Harder to make money without the first come first serve set up.

OP
OP

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they not submit your order while you were in the dealership? Thats odd
No I was told that You build it online and submit it, "were in California probably something to do with Covid" , then in 24 Hours You pay $100 Fee, then wait another 24 Hours and it gets submitted to Ford. My Son works at a Ford Dealership so I know this is accurate information even if i'm projecting it wrong here . I accidentally submitted the form online to the wrong Dealership. That Dealership contacted me within 5 minutes and stated what I said in the original post. Tomorrow Morning I will submit it to the Dealership my Son works at and see if they can put it through.

Sponsored

brij250

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I submitted a form to order a Bronco at my Local Dealership, I got a call within 5 minutes from said dealership. He said order banks are closed until the fall and most likely I would have to order a 2023 and I will receive it in March of 2024, FML
I though order banks were opened until March 7 of this Year? I was anticipating waiting a Year but not 2.
If they told you that, then that the wrong dealer to order at. Allotment system considered, maybe they're all used up already. Find a dealer that gets order pickup fast and order with them. Might have to travel.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a better estimate than a lot of us getting that ordered 2 years ago. Good job!!!
No one ordered 2years ago. Exaggerate much?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one ordered 2years ago. Exaggerate much?

Sorry, let me fix that. almost 2 years ago and still another 3 years left to go.

OP
OP

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they told you that, then that the wrong dealer to order at. Allotment system considered, maybe they're all used up already. Find a dealer that gets order pickup fast and order with them. Might have to travel.
I bet that’s what it is. The Dealership I submitted it to sells a lot of vehicles. by Ford standards both of the Dealerships are small.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Restaurants are typically walk in business now. Restaurants with reservations are less common. Harder to make money without the first come first serve set up.
Early res folks are first come...walk-ins are cutting the line. There is no way to justify a walk-in getting a build that matches a reservation for a person that's waited 600+ days.

Sponsored

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The way I interpreted everything, banks are open but really just for order changes. Dealers have been advised to not submit orders they know they can't fill. Considering the current order bank is not going to be clear until 2023 (hopefully), it is realistic you will be late 2023 to 2024. This is not to say another dealer will not place the order for you, but the timeframe is likely more accurate than we want to admit. This dealer is probably actually doing what they should. The reality is you will place a 2022 order, have to change it for 2023, and possible again for 2024 and endure multiple price increases. This isn't really a good business model.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to try a different Dealership Tomorrow. I don't mind waiting until all previous orders are completed, I just want to get on the list before it's a 5 Year wait.
If up for a 4-door soft top with fewer constraint items, you should get it long before 2 years. Definitely try a different dealership. And that reservation thing was ridiculous anyway, you are not cutting some line, it was just some $100 refundable deposit registration Ford used for marketing.

OP
OP

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I interpreted everything, banks are open but really just for order changes. Dealers have been advised to not submit orders they know they can't fill. Considering the current order bank is not going to be clear until 2023 (hopefully), it is realistic you will be late 2023 to 2024. This is not to say another dealer will not place the order for you, but the timeframe is likely more accurate than we want to admit. This dealer is probably actually doing what they should. The reality is you will place a 2022 order, have to change it for 2023, and possible again for 2024 and endure multiple price increases. This isn't really a good business model.
I know it’s a bad business model, but I will buy one anyway at the price increase.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Early res folks are first come...walk-ins are cutting the line. There is no way to justify a walk-in getting a build that matches a reservation for a person that's waited 600+ days.
Agree.
Sponsored