SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right after delivery, I had a broken windshield. It was stressful, the replacement was slow to arrive, it cost a lot, etc. I live in a state where windshields aren't covered under insurance. That probably isn't a coincidence, since a lot of people get broken windshields here, lots of busy traffic at highway speeds and the roads are constantly being repaired.

Since I used to have a wrangler, I knew about a film that protects windshields on JLs. I checked and they have a kit for our broncos as well. It took me about 45 minutes to install, it went on no problem. It's been a few months and so far I'm happy with it. I was afraid it might scratch from the wipers, but that's not been a problem. They did sent a sealant of some kind that they said to put onto the film to help prevent scratches. I guess it must work.

I've had a few rocks hit my windshield already that I thought would break it, but didn't, so I'm happy about that.

I bought it from these guys:

https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice but for 200 ill just pay zero deductible and get replaced. I hear ya about having glass in stock though. Just cant spend 200 when its nothing on my deductable. Connecticut requires that every auto insurer offer a zero-deductible coverage option. I think there are a few other states too. Idont think its a highway thing. Connecticut has nothing but highways everywhere and high speed secondary roads.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice but for 200 ill just pay zero deductible and get replaced. I hear ya about having glass in stock though. Just cant spend 200 when its nothing on my deductable. Connecticut requires that every auto insurer offer a zero-deductible coverage option. I think there are a few other states too. Idont think its a highway thing. Connecticut has nothing but highways everywhere and high speed secondary roads.

How much extra is the premium for it? I checked with USAA and the extra premium was way too much. So I asked state farm and they said they don't offer it for my zipcode at all.

Since I'm happy with USAA otherwise, I didn't add the windshield coverage, since it was cheaper to add this film by quite a bit.

Bronc O’Yeah

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ClearPlex is what we have also. Installed by shop was over $400

The TARGE kit looks good already custom cut for Bronco windshield

Sponsored
OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

It wasn't bad at all to install. I was nervous about doing it DIY, but I just watched the video a few times ahead of time and then printed out the written directions to reference for when I actually installed it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what I bought. Three hits in a month but all is well. It takes a few days for the water to dry out. It will.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pattyg8r

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Windshields usually fall under a comprehensive claim in CA, unless someone has a specific policy I'm unaware of.

Progressive will fix cracks under 6" for free, but anything more requires a claim.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It should be available on your comprehensive policy. Check with your insurance carrier.
Sorry, I didn't meant to imply they weren't covered at all. I just meant it isn't like how in some states windshields are zero deductible. In my state, it's just whatever your normal deductible is.

Paying $500 on my deductible after only 2 months of ownership didn't make me happy. Even if my next windshield took 6 months to break, that's $1000 a year in deductibles.

Plus it took weeks to get my new windshield and my old windshield was like looking through a spider web. Realistically it was dangerous to drive.

Totally different calculus if you live in a state with $0 deductible or live somewhere that broken windshields rarely happen.

I learned from the wrangler owners in my area that broken windshields just happen way too frequently here. I'm sure this is why $0 windshield insurance deductible doesn't exist here.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in CA - and I think my deductible for windshields through State Farm is $50 - but honestly, I'd be willing to spend the $200 for the convenience factor alone of not having to have it replaced every 3-4 months ...

with that being said - OP - I noticed you just joined, and this is your first post - are you affiliated/associated with this product/company? First I've heard of them

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I didn't meant to imply they weren't covered at all. I just meant it isn't like how in some states windshields are zero deductible. In my state, it's just whatever your normal deductible is.

Paying $500 on my deductible after only 2 months of ownership didn't make me happy. Even if my next windshield took 6 months to break, that's $1000 a year in deductibles.

Plus it took weeks to get my new windshield and my old windshield was like looking through a spider web. Realistically it was dangerous to drive.

Totally different calculus if you live in a state with $0 deductible or live somewhere that broken windshields rarely happen.

I learned from the wrangler owners in my area that broken windshields just happen way too frequently here. I'm sure this is why $0 windshield insurance deductible doesn't exist here.
Gotcha ;) . I lowered my Comprehensive to $150 vice the Exo-Shield protectant that was going to run $650. It was only a few bucks difference vice the $500 deductible. Collision is a different story.;)

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is the clarity?

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is the clarity?
When I first installed it, it was slightly blurry when I looked through at an angle, almost like a slight shimmer effect. I was a little nervous about that, but it went away by the next day. Now I can't tell it's there from inside. From the outside if you closely you can see the edge of the film at the edge of the glass. But otherwise you wouldn't know its there.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My installer told me I could use rain x in a couple weeks. Not so! Very foggy, had to remove it. Anyone try the one for plastics? I wonder if it works...
Sponsored