Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s the article.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2022-ford-bronco-lineup-to-gain-dealer-installed-tube-doors/

2022 Ford Bronco Lineup To Gain Dealer Installed Tube Doors

Shortly after the 2021 Ford Bronco was revealed, some images of tube doors leaked out through the online configurator, and Ford has utilized these doors on a number of concepts to date, including the Trail Rig, and more recently, the Riptide. As Ford Authority reported last November, Ford also filed to trademark “EZ Air” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, (USPTO), which could hint at an open-air door design of some sort. Now, sources familiar with the company’s product plans tell Ford Authority that the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup will gain dealer-installed tube doors.

Badlands-Trail-Rig-Concept-Exterior-004-tube-doors.jpg

The tube doors will be available as a dealer-installed option for both two-door and four-door Broncos, as well as all trim levels. As of this writing, there is no exact description or photos of what these doors might look like, nor is any pricing yet available. Regardless, these new tube doors will present buyers with yet another dealer-installed accessory available from Ford’s already expansive Bronco catalog.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd that the article says at time of writing (November 8th) there was no news on appearance or cost. I have the tube doors on order already, I know what they are costing me and I know what they look like. Or at least I hope they look like they are advertise to, would be pissed if something else comes with my order.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tube Doors:
The "Not Door" for people who don't want doors, but still want doors!
I always took the doors off my jeep and would leave them off all Summer. People found it a little disconcerting driving at 70 mph on the freeway with nothing next to them. Not that the tube doors would have done a shit lot of good in a collision, they did offer people a peace of mind. My children were also younger then so it seemed responsible. Not to mention they gave me somewhere to rest my arm. I am a big fan of them. Besides, there are a lot of people that are buying this vehicle thinking that they like the concept of having no doors on their vehicle, when in fact they have never been in a vehicle without doors (especially on the highway) that will either find out they won't be taking their doors off as much as they thought or will be investing in some tubers. IMHO.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No doors? No problem!

Ford Bronco Tube Doors Finally Available?! IMAG1030

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doors? No problem!

IMAG1030.jpg
Yeah, but people that ride a sleigh like yours know what they are signed up for. Not always the case with a car/truck sans doors. Nice ride btw, watch out for the other guy.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, but people that ride a sleigh like yours know what they are signed up for. Not always the case with a car/truck sans doors. Nice ride btw, watch out for the other guy.
No, for sure. Not an experience everyone has had. Just saying it's not a problem for everyone. :cool: And, thanks!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting the article reports Heritage Edition, which so think wasn’t announced for 2022, while Raptor and Everglades have been.

Thought that was delayed—waiting for the 2023 Mod top.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, I have been thinking about the tube doors for my build. I have a feeling my 9 yo with ADHD will just lean out and either fall out or get hit by something. And it is weird that the article states that it isn't known what the look like or cost because they are on the B&P site along with being in the Accessories catalogue. The 4-door ones are $1360.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd that the article says at time of writing (November 8th) there was no news on appearance or cost. I have the tube doors on order already, I know what they are costing me and I know what they look like. Or at least I hope they look like they are advertise to, would be pissed if something else comes with my order.
Yea, I have been thinking about the tube doors for my build. I have a feeling my 9 yo with ADHD will just lean out and either fall out or get hit by something. And it is weird that the article states that it isn't known what the look like or cost because they are on the B&P site along with being in the Accessories catalogue. The 4-door ones are $1360.
Article is fixed.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My girls were that age when I had the jeep and was taking the doors off. After the first couple times of driving around with them off with the girls, I ordered them. Was very glad I did and I liked them, not to mention the ride looks quite a bit more bad ass with them than without any door on in my opinion so that helps swallow the $1360. I figured I would get them in with my build.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don’t get it. Other then looking cool I fail to see what riding around with the doors off accomplishes. Then buying these tube doors, which look cool, and hanging them on accomplishes nothing as well. So I guess it is done to be as cool as all get out. I predict I will remove the doors once in order to take photos and drive around the neighborhood. Then the doors will be reattached and remain there until the end of time.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like some door inserts like the U13s had. We have some fiberglass ones on our '66 and they give it a more finished look.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands