Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize I never responded above. Mine looks just like these photos, indented, no tears.

I'm also trying to hunt down a rattle that sounds like the top rattling, but I think it might just be crap under my goose gear floor. Stay tuned.
Check the latches - I added 3-in-1 oil to all four (only one was the issue) and it silenced them to another level. It was amazing and easy.
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve noticed a couple of rattles (especially over large bumps) that I didn’t really hear before. They don’t seem to be the TOR top though, I just think they were masked by the noisy soft top before.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve noticed a couple of rattles (especially over large bumps) that I didn’t really hear before. They don’t seem to be the TOR top though, I just think they were masked by the noisy soft top before.
Another thing to be aware of is the tightness of the rear hardtop bolts. Do not over tighten which can cause a creaking noise when turning/going over bumps. I’ve got mine a little more than “finger tight“ and it helped with that sound.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of you have mentioned hearing wind noise coming from the front targa windshield area. For me it becomes significant at about 45-50 MPH. The sound resembles having a window slightly open at highway speeds, but not as loud. I don’t remember hearing this sound with the soft top, but it could be because the overall noise level was higher? It’s not terrible at all, but loud enough my wife wondered if the AirCon was turned on. Does anyone have an idea of the source of the sound? Is it the gap between the windshield and targa panel where the rubber is? Looking at the design of the OEM and other aftermarket tops, they all are basically the same, so I don’t think it has anything to do with TOR. Overall I’m very satisfied with my TOR top, its the one I would choose again for sure even if price wasn't a factor.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of you have mentioned hearing wind noise coming from the front targa windshield area. For me it becomes significant at about 45-50 MPH. The sound resembles having a window slightly open at highway speeds, but not as loud. I don’t remember hearing this sound with the soft top, but it could be because the overall noise level was higher? It’s not terrible at all, but loud enough my wife wondered if the AirCon was turned on. Does anyone have an idea of the source of the sound? Is it the gap between the windshield and targa panel where the rubber is? Looking at the design of the OEM and other aftermarket tops, they all are basically the same, so I don’t think it has anything to do with TOR. Overall I’m very satisfied with my TOR top, its the one I would choose again for sure even if price wasn't a factor.
Same. I don’t have my latches overly tight; they’re pretty loose but the seal looks good. Might be more from the front roof rack mounting point? Not sure if air gets in there or what? I’m not really concerned as long as it’s dry.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts?

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had a thought this morning- Those who are hearing wind noise from the front: was your Bronco part of the windshield recall? And if so, have you had the windshield resealed/replaced?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a thought this morning- Those who are hearing wind noise from the front: was your Bronco part of the windshield recall? And if so, have you had the windshield resealed/replaced?
No, I never received a recall notice around that.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same. I don’t have my latches overly tight; they’re pretty loose but the seal looks good. Might be more from the front roof rack mounting point? Not sure if air gets in there or what? I’m not really concerned as long as it’s dry.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts?
I have a little tension on my latches but not much, i'll try tightening them up a bit and see if it makes a difference.
I did have the windshield recall done, but the wind sound I'm referring to I didn't notice with the soft top. The hard top is quieter for outside ambient noise like passing trucks, but the wind noise coming from the front is significantly louder than it was with the soft top. This has me somewhat mystified. There are no leaks or air coming in, just wind noise.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a little tension on my latches but not much, i'll try tightening them up a bit and see if it makes a difference.

I did have the windshield recall done, but the wind sound I'm referring to I didn't notice with the soft top. The hard top is quieter for outside ambient noise like passing trucks, but the wind noise coming from the front is significantly louder than it was with the soft top. This has me somewhat mystified. There are no leaks or air coming in, just wind noise.
My latches are what I'd call "finger tight" - I can easily latch it with zero effort with one finger, but it's not like the latch is dangling there loose or anything. Maybe @Turn Offroad can provide some extra clarity on the tightness that latches should be at. Hopefully their description is better than mine :ROFLMAO: Or maybe a 5 second video clip might be useful for customers?

As for the wind noise, I seem to have the exact same thing you do. Again, nothing I'm losing sleep over and as long as the water stays out, I'm happy. But I can hear it. I've checked all around the targa top - It's level and well-seated, etc.

montgomery

Black Diamond
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, yet another (very) happy TOR Hardtop customer! I received my hardtop on Friday and can't say enough good things about both the product and customer service from the Turn Off Road crew. Todd and company answered my endless questions and provided more direct status updates on my order in 3 months than the other guys did over the course of a year. They have my full confidence going forward and they'll be the first place I look for any of my future upgrade needs.

Most things have been covered by this point, but here's a few additional thoughts:
  • Everything is EXTREMELY well packed and protected.
  • I know the slant/square back debate is personal preference, but damn does this top look good. It finally looks like a Bronco from the rear.
  • It's been raining nonstop here in the lovely PNW since install and the top has been bone dry and quiet.
  • No wind noise or whistling at all.
  • The glue smell is real, but I can tell it's diminishing.
  • During install I found the upper/forward holes in hardtop were nowhere near being in alignment with the rollbar bracket on my vehicle. To get everything aligned I removed the top, loosened both bolts on each bracket, put the top in place with all hardtop bolts loosely installed, fully tightened down the forward rollbar bolt, then removed all the hardtop bolts, slid the top back and tightened the rear rollbar bracket bolt. With the bracket correctly aligned on the rollbar the top then installed perfectly, with everything in alignment.
  • It was easier to lift the hardtop into place than it was to lift the soft top off.
  • I had a bit of a squeak from one of the latches after install. I tightened that latch one more turn and the squeak is gone.
  • The latches are almost invisible in daily use, anybody not buying this top because they aren't fancy should reasses their priorities.

• The only negative I have is the first night the hardtop was on it rained lightly and that glossy coating ran all over the place, leaving an uneven milky film all over the windows and sides. It took a considerable amount of washing, rinsing and scrubbing to get it all off.
Overall, an absolutely outstanding product with customer service to match. Thanks @Turn Offroad !

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rockworkx Hardtop Quick Removal Thumb Bolts (From Rockworkx):

Well, I just installed the @Rockworkx thumb bolts on my @Turn Offroad hard top, and I have to say, this is a great pairing!

These thumb bolts are amazing quality. They look awesome, and they feel great and very well made! They install in seconds, and I love the fact they have a wider base vs. the OEM (including MIC top) hard top bolts. It gives me a sense of better pressure distribution in holding the hard top down vs. having it all on a single small point (even with a washer) - Albeit, this might just be in my head. Plus you have the added benefit of having some extra tie down anchors. Plus since I'm OCD and have them lined up all facing one direction, I can tell at quick glance if any are coming loose and require re-tightening (although I don't suspect this will be an issue).

One thing to note: If you have the Turn Off Road hard top, you only need 6 bolts vs. the standard 8 bolts the MIC top uses. The solution is to buy Rockworkx Jeep pack of thumb bolts, as they come in a 6 pack and are the exact same size. Saves you a few bucks and you won't end up with 2 extra thumb bolts.

Here's some pictures of them, as well as compared to the regular bolts:

img_4995-jpeg.jpg

img_4996-jpeg.jpg

img_4997-jpeg.jpg

img_4998-jpeg.jpg

img_4999-jpeg.jpg

montgomery

Black Diamond
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rockworkx Hardtop Quick Removal Thumb Bolts (From Rockworkx):

Well, I just installed the @Rockworkx thumb bolts on my @Turn Offroad hard top, and I have to say, this is a great pairing!

These thumb bolts are amazing quality. They look awesome, and they feel great and very well made! They install in seconds, and I love the fact they have a wider base vs. the OEM (including MIC top) hard top bolts. It gives me a sense of better pressure distribution in holding the hard top down vs. having it all on a single small point (even with a washer) - Albeit, this might just be in my head. Plus you have the added benefit of having some extra tie down anchors. Plus since I'm OCD and have them lined up all facing one direction, I can tell at quick glance if any are coming loose and require re-tightening (although I don't suspect this will be an issue).

One thing to note: If you have the Turn Off Road hard top, you only need 6 bolts vs. the standard 8 bolts the MIC top uses. The solution is to buy Rockworkx Jeep pack of thumb bolts, as they come in a 6 pack and are the exact same size. Saves you a few bucks and you won't end up with 2 extra thumb bolts.

Here's some pictures of them, as well as compared to the regular bolts:

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review img_4999-jpe

I did the same, but ordered the Bronco kit before I realized there were only 6 holes in the TOR Hardtop. Put the extras into the rollbar threads. Let no farkle be left behind.

IMG_1315.jpeg

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the same, but ordered the Bronco kit before I realized there were only 6 holes in the TOR Hardtop. Put the extras into the rollbar threads. Let no farkle be left behind.

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_1315
Good idea! I bought the 8 piece back when I still believed in the existence of the ADV top, so I’ve got two extras as well.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Jeep made wind noise and it turned out to be the windshield not installed properly. I found out by taking painters tape and tapping around the windshield to see if the wind noise stopped. Once I figured out where it was coming from I installed clear silicone to seal it up properly.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Jeep made wind noise and it turned out to be the windshield not installed properly. I found out by taking painters tape and tapping around the windshield to see if the wind noise stopped. Once I figured out where it was coming from I installed clear silicone to seal it up properly.
I'm pretty sure I don't have a windshield issue, but you gave me an idea. I'm going to put tape over the gap between the windshield and targa, where the rubber seal is and see if it makes a difference. The thought is the gap may be causing turbulence
I have also noticed that slight wind noise at the front of the targa top. There isn't any lining/weather stripping on the front part of the targa, right? Just on the Bronco where the targa sits? It's definitely not enough to be an issue, but was just curious. Appreciate the thorough writeup here!
I notice behind the windshield seal there is a second rubber seal that does not touch the targa panel. Maybe with the soft top this second seal is making contact reducing the noise. While the overall ambient noise level is less with the TOR top, I'm definitely hearing more wind noise coming from this area than with the soft top at 50+ mph. Its probably more noticable because my base all season tires have virtually no road noise, the wind noise is all I hear.
Sponsored