Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking good.

I’ll be the Debbie Downer and state that the carpet all around is a HUGE turnoff for me. I think carpet in any vehicle is a terrible idea - especially an off-roader. Those sides where it bolts to the body are gonna get nasty. Forget having a dog…

That and the latches are probably what saved you $2000 from the other options. I don’t know what they’re made of…but they look cheap IMO.

Otherwise - looks great. Looking forward to other “versions”.

Is the rear window line parallel with the edge?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez, you guys don’t miss a beat lol

so I went over this morning for a very straightforward process of install. Took maybe 45 minutes, got the quick rundown. Todd and crew are solid people, and truly care about the community. My first Turn purchase, and won’t be my last. Nice to have them local! Side note, make sure you go see them at KOH if you attend.

Anyways, the part you are all here for.. the hardtop. Yes, it is hard, yes, it is a top, but it’s so much more!
First impressions, the quality of fitment seems tight and edges are clean. Texture is like a rhino liner, with a sheen/gloss as we’ve seen in photos. It is a bit shinier than typical right now because of a UV protectant they spray/wipe. It really matches up well with the black trim of the Bronco, much better than the MIC color, in my opinion.
The headliner is typical auto/marine type carpet. It covers everything, which I like. Much better quality than the factory headliner. Coming from a softtop, the ambient sound has greatly reduced, naturally, but there is something else that I wasn’t quite expecting to happen. Rigidity. The ride has improved, it no longer shakes when hitting bumps or potholes. It is sturdy, the large rear piece and one piece front has really tightened it all up. Some people may have thought about this before when looking at one piece tops, I never really considered the fact it would improve my ride quality, but it’s certainly a nice bonus!

Took a few quick pics. Let me know if you want any more details or photos!! As of now, absolutely worth the money. And lifetime warranty, giving me peace of mind as an early adopter.

Tight seams around window/trim
IMG_7388.jpeg

Rear side window and hardware(badge can be peeled off, there will be plenty of options to customize.)
IMG_7387.jpeg

Hooks are easy to work with, adjustable.
IMG_7386.jpeg

Clean ceiling, sound deadening is good quality and aplenty.
IMG_7384.jpeg

More of the rug for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_7377.jpeg

Profile in the sun
IMG_7372.jpeg

Quartering shot in shade
IMG_7373.jpeg

Hooked up, 4 mounting points.
IMG_7385.jpeg

Side profile in shade
IMG_7389.jpeg

Rear window. Spray and wiper assembly coming soon.
IMG_7390.jpeg

Quartering shot in sun
IMG_7391.jpeg

Profile to show slant of rear window.
IMG_7392.jpeg

Another quartering in shade. The fit is tight between front and read, hard to tell it’s a 2-piece
IMG_7393.jpeg

Did I say TIGHT?!
IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

As mentioned, carpet everywhere!
IMG_7379.jpeg

Backside of the metal mounting points for roof rack or other mods.
IMG_7378.jpeg

I like the metal hinges. They feel and look high-quality
IMG_7375.jpeg
giphy.gif

Looking good @Turn Offroad @TURN Todd

Thank you for sharing @FlyingBronco !!!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking good.

I’ll be the Debbie Downer and state that the carpet all around is a HUGE turnoff for me. I think carpet in any vehicle is a terrible idea - especially an off-roader. Those sides where it bolts to the body are gonna get nasty. Forget having a dog…

That and the latches are probably what saved you $2000 from the other options. I don’t know what they’re made of…but they look cheap IMO.

Otherwise - looks great. Looking forward to other “versions”.

Is the rear window line parallel with the edge?
Fair points.
I have a chocolate lab, dog hair is now in my DNA. I have a good vacuum and it sees plenty of use lol
I could see the amount of carpet being a nuisance from a dust standpoint, but I think it’ll clean up just fine.
I’ll take the $2k savings off latches haha and who knows, maybe somebody will work up a replacement latch that twists on and looks more stout? I don’t know what people are looking for there.
And yes, rear window line is parallel, just the lighting playing tricks.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody scheduled to get theirs soon that is switching from a factory MIC top? That’s the comparison I’m waiting for before I pull the trigger.
I get mine on Monday. I'm going from soft top to TOR. But wife has a MIC top. I'll be doing comparison of all three. I can tell already that the TOR is much tighter tolerances than MIC.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@FlyingBronco thanks for posting. in your opinion does the tint match that of the broncos 2nd row windows? One of the pictures look like you could see your rollbars pretty easily, something that’s hard to see through on the soft tops

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More carpet the better IMO. Every angle and surface that can buffer sound is a great thing. My Leer truck tops were all like that and hundreds if not thousands of dirt road miles I never thought they got dusty to the point of not being easily vacuumed. In fact I’ve found the roll bars collect tremendous dust and I seem to never get it all.

I do think the latches “look” underwhelming but if they are strong it’s no deal breaker. The rear glass hardware is much more impressive and would have really completed the look of the interior if those latches followed those design cues.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@FlyingBronco thanks for posting. in your opinion does the tint match that of the broncos 2nd row windows? One of the pictures look like you could see your rollbars pretty easily, something that’s hard to see through on the soft tops
I’ll check again tomorrow but yes, it does look to match the OEM rear door tint. The direct sunlight may have been the culprit with the rollbar showing bright.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yay! It actually appears to be black instead the MIC’s prefaded gray! TOR’s top is really going to look great paired with AMB. Congrats and bravo to Turn Offroad.
AMB owners have my eternal jealousy. I lost out on that color when my order rolled to '22...

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
AMB owners have my eternal jealousy. I lost out on that color when my order rolled to '22...
I dropped the modular top and soon after the MIC from my 2021 order after Ford’s infamous Spring and Summer 2021 emails that went out to the early res order holders. It was around the time of the MIC fiasco email that the AMB being dropped as color choice rumors started to surface, so I feel I made the right choice. I also dropped tow, modular bumper, and aux switches at my dealer’s suggestion, and subsequently received a VIN 2 weeks later. My only regret out of all of those is the aux switches, but who knows, keeping them may have bumped me to a 22.

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dropped the modular top and soon after the MIC from my 2021 order after Ford’s infamous Spring and Summer 2021 emails that went out to the early res order holders. It was around the time of the MIC fiasco email that the AMB being dropped as color choice rumors started to surface, so I feel I made the right choice. I also dropped tow, modular bumper, and aux switches at my dealer’s suggestion, and subsequently received a VIN 2 weeks later. My only regret out of all of those is the aux switches, but who knows, keeping them may have bumped me to a 22.
I switched to soft-top, but kept Lux, Mod-bumper and Sasquatch. It cost me AMB, but in my long line of black vehicles, what's one more, I guess...

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair points.
I have a chocolate lab, dog hair is now in my DNA. I have a good vacuum and it sees plenty of use lol
I could see the amount of carpet being a nuisance from a dust standpoint, but I think it’ll clean up just fine.
I’ll take the $2k savings off latches haha and who knows, maybe somebody will work up a replacement latch that twists on and looks more stout? I don’t know what people are looking for there.
And yes, rear window line is parallel, just the lighting playing tricks.
How do the latches feel? They look different of course, but I'm sure they are fine.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the install instructions, but before that I got a call and email about the shipping delay because of customs. Expected shipping Feb. 9th.

@Turn Offroad thank you so much for the detailed and diligent communication. This speaks to your commitment to transparency with your customers and I'm excited that tops are going out. Can't wait to get mine in!
Sponsored