Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone that’s received their tops test fit the targa in the cargo area and share pics so we can see what to expect? A couple of us had asked @Turn Offroad for pics, but weren’t posted.
Sponsored

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering if there is some way to create a roof rack system to hold the targa top.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering if there is some way to create a roof rack system to hold the targa top.
I'd worry about the wind rushing over/under it and adding a ton of stress up and down, as you drive down the highway.

Ever see someone drive down the road with a strapped down piece of wood or something on the roof? It flexes up and down and I worry that won't be good over time.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't imagine shipping my rear glass back to them would be cost efficient, but I'm also up in Canada.

I do assume they'll ship a new rear glass to be installed, but you might be left to deal with the "old" glass. I could be wrong though. I guess I'm in a different situation due to my location.
I guess it depends on the value to them.
is it worth it to send you a prepaid label to return it to them in the packaging they ship the replacement in?
I would think not.

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd worry about the wind rushing over/under it and adding a ton of stress up and down, as you drive down the highway.

Ever see someone drive down the road with a strapped down piece of wood or something on the roof? It flexes up and down and I worry that won't be good over time.
What if it is upside down w the liner face up?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if it is upside down w the liner face up?
You'll likely have the same issue - Wind will go over top and underneath it, potentially causing a lot of flex up and down.

Not something I'll be trying, that's for sure. I have no issues leaving it in my garage if/when I take off the targa top.

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got it. It’s fine if it’ll fit in the cargo even if I have to put 1 seat down.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I've seen mentioned from TOR, they will offer it as a purchasable replacement.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some quick feedback after delivery and install of my TOR.

• Unboxing and install is super fast and straightforward. Once it is unboxed it was probably 5-10 minutes tops to put it on and adjust the latches (not including taking off your soft top). You will need a hand and if you lifted your Bronco or have a sasquatch your wife might not be able to get it up that high so a tall wife or an average male. It is not very heavy.
  • If you know Jeep tops you know what you are getting. Solid/proven fiberglass construction. There is a reason for offering the lifetime warranty. Feels strong and does not seem to flex much if any. Not having bolt together side panels is a big plus IMO.
  • For the headliner if you have ever had a Leer topper for your truck or the carpet in a ski boat that is what it looks like. It is black and tight knit. It may have a deadening layer as it feels thicker than simply carpet.
  • I've barely driven around town (no freeway yet) but it immediately eliminated ALL squeaks and rattles. My street has drainage channels running across every 10 yards or so (picture and inverted speed bump). I hit them at speed, went slowly, and crossed at angles and could not get a squeak out of the top or the Bronco for that matter. Same with driveway and parking lot entrances, potholes, rough streets, and manholes. I took decibel readings with my old soft top prior to removing it at several different speeds. When I get a chance I will take and post readings of the TOR top and post results.
  • The top arrived with a fairly substantial film or polish. Not sure if it is a wax, polish, or release agent. It will surely mellow out the super glossy look when that washes off.
  • Someone mentioned the side glass angle does not match the angle of the top. It definitely does but if you are not looking directly perpendicular the rounded rear corner can give an impression that it does not. There is an angle/line in the fiberglass mold that is perfectly lined up with the window.
  • The latches are not fancy but they work well. If staring at the ceiling is your thing you might not be satisfied.
  • Four places where it is branded: most noticeably the obvious side patches, stenciling on the inside of the side windows (sort of low-key), stenciling on the rear window, and the rear glass hinges which blends in. Obviously an issue for some buyers but very easy to scrap off the glass, cover the patch or replace it when TOR offers a delete or customization.
In short you won't be surprised by what you are getting. It is a fiberglass top like Jeeps have had forever. This is not some ground breaking technology but we see how well that works with the OEM MIC. The tolerances are tight, the color is consistent, it is squeak and rattle free, and it was delivered super fast and undamaged.
Thanks!! I have been waiting for your review, and it looks like you are the first one to review a shipped unit. So many good things about this top, at this point I would choose it regardless of price. Can't wait for mine -- I'm Lot 6.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some quick feedback after delivery and install of my TOR.

• Unboxing and install is super fast and straightforward. Once it is unboxed it was probably 5-10 minutes tops to put it on and adjust the latches (not including taking off your soft top). You will need a hand and if you lifted your Bronco or have a sasquatch your wife might not be able to get it up that high so a tall wife or an average male. It is not very heavy.
  • If you know Jeep tops you know what you are getting. Solid/proven fiberglass construction. There is a reason for offering the lifetime warranty. Feels strong and does not seem to flex much if any. Not having bolt together side panels is a big plus IMO.
  • For the headliner if you have ever had a Leer topper for your truck or the carpet in a ski boat that is what it looks like. It is black and tight knit. It may have a deadening layer as it feels thicker than simply carpet.
  • I've barely driven around town (no freeway yet) but it immediately eliminated ALL squeaks and rattles. My street has drainage channels running across every 10 yards or so (picture and inverted speed bump). I hit them at speed, went slowly, and crossed at angles and could not get a squeak out of the top or the Bronco for that matter. Same with driveway and parking lot entrances, potholes, rough streets, and manholes. I took decibel readings with my old soft top prior to removing it at several different speeds. When I get a chance I will take and post readings of the TOR top and post results.
  • The top arrived with a fairly substantial film or polish. Not sure if it is a wax, polish, or release agent. It will surely mellow out the super glossy look when that washes off.
  • Someone mentioned the side glass angle does not match the angle of the top. It definitely does but if you are not looking directly perpendicular the rounded rear corner can give an impression that it does not. There is an angle/line in the fiberglass mold that is perfectly lined up with the window.
  • The latches are not fancy but they work well. If staring at the ceiling is your thing you might not be satisfied.
  • Four places where it is branded: most noticeably the obvious side patches, stenciling on the inside of the side windows (sort of low-key), stenciling on the rear window, and the rear glass hinges which blends in. Obviously an issue for some buyers but very easy to scrap off the glass, cover the patch or replace it when TOR offers a delete or customization.
In short you won't be surprised by what you are getting. It is a fiberglass top like Jeeps have had forever. This is not some ground breaking technology but we see how well that works with the OEM MIC. The tolerances are tight, the color is consistent, it is squeak and rattle free, and it was delivered super fast and undamaged.
Appreciate this review man. Feel free to keep the content and pictures coming haha!

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two questions:

1.) Does anyone know what Lot # is currently delivering? I know there were some delays a couple weeks ago with the pallet wood.
2.) Any reviews yet from someone who went from OEM MIC to the TOR?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two questions:

1.) Does anyone know what Lot # is currently delivering? I know there were some delays a couple weeks ago with the pallet wood.
I'm in Lot #2 if I recall correctly - My unit is en route, with an ETA of tomorrow (fingers crossed). I have the added complexity of it coming across the border to Canada as well.

Hopefully I can receive it tomorrow on schedule and install it this weekend 🤞

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. It’s fine if it’ll fit in the cargo even if I have to put 1 seat down.
I put my seats down and it fits just fine. I put a couple towels down just for good measure. I checked to see if it would fit in the soft top window storage bag that Mabett makes, but the bag isn’t wide enough. Turn or somebody else needs to get on a storage solution asap!

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put my seats down and it fits just fine. I put a couple towels down just for good measure. I checked to see if it would fit in the soft top window storage bag that Mabett makes, but the bag isn’t wide enough. Turn or somebody else needs to get on a storage solution asap!
Doesn’t Ford sell a storage bag for the middle panel of the OEM top?
I wonder if that might work.
I have no idea how large that panel is.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two questions:

I’m in lot 5, which originally had a ship date the week of 1/29.
Todd said mine should ship between 2/7 and 2/9.
Sponsored