Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So is there supposes to me a little bit of movement in this? It doesn't look like you can tighten or loosen it - It's either in or it isn't.

IMG_5042.jpeg
A little movement is normal since they connect with a ball in a socket. There should not be any movement between the body (which says signature) and the plastic head. Both the top and bottom screw on and if left loose can contribute to some odd noises when the tension momentarily is relieved over a bump.

They're really easy to take off with a flat head screwdriver and check. It can be really difficult to tell if they're screwed all the way in under tension. Each shock produces around 40 lbs of pressure.
Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that more hardtops have been delivered, were you able to sell your soft top? Looks like a lot are “for sale” but no bites. I decided not to sell mine since it is version 1 (2021, no one is going to buy). At some point if my hardtop fails, I will just go back to ST.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that more hardtops have been delivered, were you able to sell your soft top? Looks like a lot are “for sale” but no bites. I decided not to sell mine since it is version 1 (2021, no one is going to buy). At some point if my hardtop fails, I will just go back to ST.
I sold my soft top (version 1, from 2021). Sold pretty quickly actually - Unfortunately the person who purchased it had damaged their soft top on their garage door, and needed a replacement. Win-win for both of us.

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have received your tops, can you share your thoughts on the rear hatch and what holds it in place when closed? How does it secure? I am just curious since I found out today that there is no latch.

Thanks.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have received your tops, can you share your thoughts on the rear hatch and what holds in in place when closed? How does it secure? I am just curious since I found out today that there is no latch.

Thanks.
I don't think there's a latch on the MIC either. What secures it? The spare tire on the back :ROFLMAO: You can't open the glass without opening the swing gate. The glass weatherstripping also tucks behind the swing gate too. That is a non-issue IMO - Still more secure than my soft top was!

Also, the support struts that lift the glass help keep it down. It doesn't flutter around or anything.

You can see how close the glass is to my spare tire:

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4871

Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there's a latch on the MIC either. What secures it? The spare tire on the back :ROFLMAO: You can't open the glass without opening the swing gate. The glass weatherstripping also tucks behind the swing gate too. That is a non-issue IMO - Still more secure than my soft top was!

Also, the support struts that lift the glass help keep it down. It doesn't flutter around or anything.

You can see how close the glass is to my spare tire:

IMG_4871.jpeg
Ok. It never occurred to me that the OEM does not have a latch. I have a soft top. I thought there might be something to at least hold it in place. It sounds like you do not hear any rattles as a result of no latch.

Thank you.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. It never occurred to me that the OEM does not have a latch. I have a soft top. I thought there might be something to at least hold it in place. It sounds like you do not hear any rattles as a result of no latch.

Thank you.
The OEM soft top latches do not get utilized for any hard top on the market (OEM or aftermarket) from what I know. I don't even think Jeep Wrangler's have a latch for their rear glass.

I would not worry about that at all. It's a well-built hard top and I've had mine since the first batches were going out, and continue to love it.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys!

We're making an official video to release but thought I'd share here first.

To test the strength of our hardtop we put a 920 lbs Ford 7.3 Powerstroke motor on the top and it held up great! After this I hopped up there and poked around and zero issues or damage to the top.

As you can see in the video the entire rear end squatted to the bump stops!
Next up we're planning to do the same thing without the rack!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys!

To test the strength of our hardtop we put a 920 lbs Ford 7.3 Powerstroke motor on the top and it held up great! After this I hopped up there and poked around and zero issues or damage to the top.

Sure gives me extra confidence in the hard top/roof rack combo I bought :ROFLMAO: That’s amazing!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those two struts cannot lock the glass firmly, and when you shake it with your hand, it makes a noise. Shake it and see if it is similar to the noise you heard. (When you have the window open, it will shake as well due to lack of support)

Check your tailgate alignment and see if the striker & rubber bump lock the tailgate firmly. Our Bronco, especially the SAS shocks, is firm when at low speed. Any road imperfection can move the tailgate ( thus all the water bottle noise/ squeaking) and it 'slightly' pushes the rear windshield and causes the strut & window to shake, you may see it in the rearview mirror. If you see it, then it could be the problem.

Then I suggest adjusting the tailgate & striker & bump. You should have some space between the tailgate and the rear glass. You want the tailgate to touch the seal so no leakage, but do not firmly press it. It can reduce the chance it 'push' the glass when you hit a pothole.

I adjusted my tailgate today and feel better on the rough road.
Thank you for this. This was my theory as well. Tightening the bolts for the struts to the glass actually did eliminate a good bit of the noise I was hearing, but its still heard on hard hits. I'll take a look at my strikers/bumps. I do have one spot I thought about adding some felt to as well. I'll take a photo of it when i get a chance. You can only see it with the tailgate open, glass closed, and while being inverted :D

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys!

Excellent! I’m in fear every time someone looks at my OEM top weird that it will crack…..because it has….3 times.

Miller992

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone recommend some lube I can get at a brick and mortar store until I can get some krytox ordered? I’ve got the rubber seal tailgate squeak. Driving with the glass up and it’s gone so seems like 100% that’s where it’s coming from

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone recommend some lube I can get at a brick and mortar store until I can get some krytox ordered? I’ve got the rubber seal tailgate squeak. Driving with the glass up and it’s gone so seems like 100% that’s where it’s coming from
I use 303 Aerospace on a bunch of plastic and rubber surfaces. Other folks may have better suggestions.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Krytox is more of a clear grease than a liquid. That said, I think you’d be fine if you just put a little vasoline (or automotive equivalent) until you can get Krytox. You don’t need a whole lot.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Turn Offroad @TURN Todd What is the interior cavity of the top like? Similar to the OEM top or does it have an injection foam similar to those other guys that can't seem to actually produce a top?
Sponsored