Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

As many of you know, I recently received and installed my Turn Off Road hard top and have been loving it everyday since installing it! :love: You can check out my review post on it by clicking here.
Is your Bronco stock Sasquatch height? If so can you measure how tall the top of the rack is or how tall your garage opening is? I want this setup and curious if it will fit in my garage.
Last week I ordered the Turn Off Road Half Roof Rack (4 door version), and installed it this evening. They also sell a 2 door version as well. I wanted to provide an unbiased review of my thoughts on the install and the product itself - Albeit I've only had it installed for an hour or so. Again, I have zero connection with TOR, and am doing this because I enjoy their products.

The shipping was fast and arrived in less than a week. The product was very well packaged, both inside and out. When you open the box you'll find everything is individually wrapped in foam and shrink wrap - It probably took me 15-20 minutes just to unwrap everything. It was all in perfect condition. As always, check to ensure you have all your hardware before you start. Unfortunately, I was shorted 2 lock washers and 2 flat washers, and that's with double checking everything before throwing it out, and the hardware packaging was not ripped and was well sealed shut. I had enough bolts thankfully.

IMG_4856.jpeg

IMG_4857.jpeg

IMG_4858.jpeg

Once unwrapped, I started watching the install video by TOR. It's very well done, and I simply played it on my iPad and paused it along the way. I am not a handy person at all, however I found this installation fairly easy but I wanted to share some tips and some issues I ran into along the way.

First off, in the video they explain sticking these foam pads on by cutting them. However they updated this, and provide full coverage pads, which is great to see. They are self explanatory on how they go on, but I've provided a picture just in case. I ran my fingers along the edges to ensure it was tucked in perfectly, and well adhered all around.

IMG_4860.jpeg

IMG_4861.jpeg

IMG_4862.jpeg

IMG_4863.jpeg

When installing everything, follow the videos instructions and do it finger tight to start. I installed everything and noticed that there was a pretty bad overhang on the back of the Bronco. This is very likely a non-issue with a standard MIC top, as the slanted back TOR hard top loses a couple of inches. Simple fix - Just slide it forward a bit, and then tighten it all down. I've shown a comparison below of it overhanging in the back, then correcting it. The rear glass clears the half rack no problem!

IMG_4865.jpeg

IMG_4866.jpeg

One important thing as you're going along: Make sure the two cross member pieces are in the right spot/right direction! This was a major pain point for me. I had the front in properly, but the rear cross member I had to flip around. You'll know immediately when you put the side piece up, and the two bolt holes won't both line up. Do a quick check if you want before you place it on the vehicle - It'll save you some frustration.

One quick tip: They provide locking washers and flat washers, but I put a tiny bit of blue thread locker on each bolt just to be safe. Took me a bit longer, but I feel better having it on there as an extra layer of keeping the bolts in place long term.

I also took it for a quick drive around - The maximum I got up to was 80 km/hour, and zero wind noise. Didn't hear a thing, and I had my music turned off!

And here's the final look once it's complete - My apologies it got dark out, so I had to find a lit parking lot :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4869.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4874.jpeg

Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions! Thanks @Turn Offroad & @TURN Todd for another awesome product and outstanding customer service!

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be cool if they sold the front mounting bar and the wind deflector from the 4-door separately. For those of use that want to strap kayaks /canoes on and still have access to the roof panels.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It would be cool if they sold the front mounting bar and the wind deflector from the 4-door separately. For those of use that want to strap kayaks /canoes on and still have access to the roof panels.
All of the roof panels on the OEM top can be removed with this roof rack (y)
Sponsored