Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I dont like the fact that they dont tell you anything else about any expected date of their product.

I still think those $5000 ish hardtops are ridiculous in price. Need the options that is around $2000. Where is China when you neeed them lol. All of their broncos have hardtops.

But otherwise congrats and enjoy!
".....Where is China when you neeed them". 🤣 😆 😂
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want a trip report with a laden Bronco.
Is there a certain average velocity that you'd like this laden Bronco to travel at?

... and what would you like it laden with?

... and for OP's sake, please use metric/maple system units of measure.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a certain average velocity that you'd like this laden Bronco to travel at?

... and what would you like it laden with?

... and for OP's sake, please use metric/maple system units of measure.
Load:
The offroad/dynamic load ratings suggest it should be laden with about 3-5 moose antlers... no telling where he grips it, just a simple matter of weight ratios.

Speed:
I was trying to find the flow-rate for maple syrup and went from sap collection should be like a resting heart rate to a scientific paper on the rheological properties of the different grades of maple syrup... so, somewhere between William Shatner's speech pathology and a Gretzky slap shot.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah the shift forward made a significant improvement.

Laden? Don’t use your fancy words with me. There’s only so many bottles of maple syrup one can put up there!
Aw, C'mon. If he's only driving 80 km/hr, requiring me to do math conversion, he can have a "lightly laden" roof rack! Eh?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Tailgate and spare tire upgrades come tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I can get it installed.

raptoid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be interested to hear if there is any impact to satellite radio reception (if you have it) since that puts a lot of metal shielding right over the antenna location.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Tailgate and spare tire upgrades come tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I can get it installed.
The tailgate re-enforcement bracket is next on my list. Please let me know your thoughts, and hopefully you can do a review as well on the install :)

I'd be interested to hear if there is any impact to satellite radio reception (if you have it) since that puts a lot of metal shielding right over the antenna location.
I don't have SiriusXM, sorry.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this evening I was able to get out on the highway and do a sound test. With the TOR hard top and TOR half roof rack, going approximately 110 km/hour (68 MPH) the dB was 71 consistently. Dropping to 100 km/hour (62 MPH) was 70 dB consistently. Music was fully off and windows all the way up.

Pretty impressive - Yet again, I couldn't tell this was on my roof it was that quiet. :love:

@Squatch - This test was for you. I can assure you it handled the weight and load well. 10 out of 10, would recommend putting a lid on it though. Always secure your load properly.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad Half Roof Rack + TOR Hard Top - Installation & Review IMG_4878

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just for additional clarity, the below picture shows the rear cross member incorrectly installed the first time. The nut insert should be closer to the rear of the vehicle, thus I needed to unbolt and flip it around.

Knowing this would have saved me quite a bit of time, as I had already started to bolt up the side pieces.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad Half Roof Rack + TOR Hard Top - Installation & Review IMG_4878
Funny. I just threw out several hundred cage nuts from server racks. Wonder if I could have bargained for a lower price in trade? :sneaky:

nblock304

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks clean. Curious about those lights in your spare. How are they mounted/wired up?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks clean. Curious about those lights in your spare. How are they mounted/wired up?
They‘re Baja Designs and just mounted using the brackets they come with, mounted to the spare tire holder. They are wired to AUX 6 and strobe - They’re meant to be used as chase lights.

I have more details in my build journal, linked in my signature.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Squatch - This test was for you. I can assure you it handled the weight and load well. 10 out of 10, would recommend putting a lid on it though. Always secure your load properly.
How about a pineapple and pizza box?
;)
Sponsored