Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now for all the greatness... The hinges are a huge improvement, brass inserts with steel pins. The stock ones are about the diameter of a pencil.
The adjustment of the tailgate and carrier system allows for up/down and tire depth. Everything is metal, so I do not have to worry about breaking the camera stem when resting the tire on the stem when installing.
I had no rattles of noises. As quite as stock. I did not have to adjust the stickers neither. Once I adjusted the brackets behind the brake light, tailgate shut just like stock. Even my gaps came out better that stock. Both passenger and drive side seem even now.
And customer support is excellent. Turn Offroad called me Thursday night and gave me a few tips. Told me they would be available over Labor Day weekend if I needed them!
Very happy with this tailgate!

20230902_163325.jpg

20230905_074835.jpg

20230905_075125.jpg

20230905_073927.jpg

20230905_075312.jpg
Thanks for the write up! I’m not sure if you already tried this but the 3rd brake light can also be installed without the extension brackets. The holes that the extension brackets bolt into are the same pattern as the 3rd brake light mounting holes so it can be bolted directly to the tire carrier without being moved up at all which will bring it down significantly 👍🏻.

Turned out great!! Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like I've found another company that has proven great customer service!!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like I've found another company that has proven great customer service!!
I can vouch for their customer service being amazing! Blows several competitors out of the water, petty issues was handled like it was nothing.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can vouch for their customer service being amazing! Blows several competitors out of the water, petty issues was handled like it was nothing.
Thank you for posting this! It is greatly appreciated (y) (y) (y)

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright so I waited a month as budget is tight. 37s are on order so I went ahead and ordered the tailgate reinforcement and the tire carrier. Because of the forum discount, I went ahead and threw in the spare tire delete plate. From what I've seen in this post, their customer service is top tier which is also what I like.

This setup is exactly what I wanted, something that replaced the factory hinge and protected the tailgate. Along with the tire carrier being adjustable for different offset wheels/and width of tires.

I have a similar setup on my Jeep so wanted something very similar for the Bronco.

Last edited:

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alright so I waited a month as budget is tight. 37s are on order so I went ahead and ordered the tailgate reinforcement and the tire carrier. Because of the forum discount, I went ahead and through in the spare tire delete plate.

This setup is exactly what I wanted, something that replaced the factory hinge and protected the tailgate. Along with the tire carrier being adjustable for different offset wheels/and width of tires.

I have a similar setup on my Jeep so wanted something very similar for the Bronco.
Awesome! Thank you very much for the order!

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now for all the greatness... The hinges are a huge improvement, brass inserts with steel pins. The stock ones are about the diameter of a pencil.
The adjustment of the tailgate and carrier system allows for up/down and tire depth. Everything is metal, so I do not have to worry about breaking the camera stem when resting the tire on the stem when installing.
I had no rattles of noises. As quite as stock. I did not have to adjust the stickers neither. Once I adjusted the brackets behind the brake light, tailgate shut just like stock. Even my gaps came out better that stock. Both passenger and drive side seem even now.
And customer support is excellent. Turn Offroad called me Thursday night and gave me a few tips. Told me they would be available over Labor Day weekend if I needed them!
Very happy with this tailgate!

20230902_163325.jpg

20230905_074835.jpg

20230905_075125.jpg

20230905_073927.jpg

20230905_075312.jpg
Did you have any issues with losing nuts inside the tailgate when you unscrewed it from the OEM hinges to attach it to the Turn Off-road Bracket?

I’ve read stories on other tailgate reinforcement install posts about people having the nuts inside the tailgate fall off and having to open it up to fish them out.

Also, did you have to do any of the shimming or adjusting that OP mentioned to account for the weight of the spare or rattle? If not did you do anything on the initial install to prevent that?

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have any issues with losing nuts inside the tailgate when you unscrewed it from the OEM hinges to attach it to the Turn Off-road Bracket?

I’ve read stories on other tailgate reinforcement install posts about people having the nuts inside the tailgate fall off and having to open it up to fish them out.
A friend asked me to install their tailgate reinforcement from a different brand. In the beginning, was very frustrating as the bolts weren't lining up. Almost made completely new unrecognizable cursing sounds. Could get one but not both. But then came up with a process to stick a small screwdriver through one, and tighten the other snug to not lose the one with the screwdriver through it. It beat me up for a couple hours trying to figure it out, once I did, just a few minutes.

I'm waiting to receive the tailgate hinge & reinforcement to start the adventure install on my own Bronco now.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@kodiakisland wondering if you have any interference with raising the rear window when the tailgate is at 90 degrees after installing?

I'm trying to help another member who has a '23 2DR BL, installed the TOR reinforcement and has to fully open the tailgate (past 90 degrees) to get the gasket on the lower portion of the window to clear the inside of tailgate without rubbing when raising
hope that makes sense

I've also purchased the reinforcement for my '21 2DR BL but not installed yet

thanks

Sponsored

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Turn reinforcement this weekend and have the same issue. 2022 2dr BL. A good set of instructions would be helpful.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok that is interesting, perhaps this isn't a one off issue

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@kodiakisland wondering if you have any interference with raising the rear window when the tailgate is at 90 degrees after installing?

I'm trying to help another member who has a '23 2DR BL, installed the TOR reinforcement and has to fully open the tailgate (past 90 degrees) to get the gasket on the lower portion of the window to clear the inside of tailgate without rubbing when raising
hope that makes sense

I've also purchased the reinforcement for my '21 2DR BL but not installed yet

thanks
I installed the Turn reinforcement this weekend and have the same issue. 2022 2dr BL. A good set of instructions would be helpful.
ok that is interesting, perhaps this isn't a one off issue
Hey guys! It is 100% normal to need to open the tailgate about an extra 5-10 degrees to open the hard top rear window. This is because we are adding extra material and the pivot point is moved out slightly to accommodate the reinforcement.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not sure if you already tried this but the 3rd brake light can also be installed without the extension brackets.
I did not know this - I had installed mine a few weeks ago, and with the extension my 35" tire had to ride in the top-most carrier position (had the adjustable carrier to replace the factory carrier), and either the light was just a hair too close to the tire, or stuck way out like a sore thumb. Although I feel dumb - going back out to move this today it's totally obvious and I should have realized it from the start.

I kinda missed being able to see out of my back window. It was never a great view, but with the new carrier the tire took up a lot more of it than it had before.

Just went out today, pulled the extension off and bolted it all back up. Now the carrier is in the bottom-most hole, it dropped everything by about 4". Much better, and looks much better!

I can say - I have an aftermarket hard top (Rallytop) - I have always had to have the rear door open beyond 90' to open the rear glass. I did have to trim just a bit of the plastic trim off the corner of rear window after installing this, but as a result now I don't have to have it open all the way, I can do just a bit beyond 90' as well (still has to be further than 90' though). Not sure how this would relate to the OEM hardtop though.

I had no issues with the nuts falling inside the tailgate on removal - but they were loose / had wiggle room. Installing the new carrier and mount was no problem at all - everything lined up great.

I did have a bit of trouble re-aligning the tailgate. Mine had been tweaked from before, I have the striker plate at maximum adjustment and still had to pop the right taillight to adjust from that angle as well to get it all aligned perfectly. This part took me the better part of 4 hours of trial and error, with a couple of helpers. That isn't TOR's fault at all, just how the thing gets aligned - just takes some playing with it to get it just right.

I also had an issue with the striker plate - the two painted bolts up top got stuck, I stripped the heads and had to drill them out and use an extractor. It took me 3 different extractors to finally get them out - they were in good. This is probably from where I had previously adjusted it and either overtorqued them or the tailgate just tweaking from before I had the TOR carrier installed.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good to know, thank you