North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Perhaps I am completely missing the issue, but I don't really understand what the problem is other than maybe a misunderstanding by customers who never knew the allocation system existed.

The dealer allocation system has always been in place, there was no message from Ford that said they were going to suspend the dealer allocation system when they implemented this new reservation system. And they never said that Broncos were going to be built in-order based on your reservation. They have always said that the reservation timestamp plays a factor, but it isn't the only factor.

So I'm not sure why everyone was expected for it turn out differently.
Oh really?

124f2527-2f57-4ed8-af2c-b3a92d2d1c03-png.png
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday’s email gave me hope. This post today returned me to the “ are they effing kidding?” Mode. I made a reservation. I was 60 years old then. I will be 62 at a minimum, before there is even a remote chance my particular Bronco may be thought about. I hopefully will reach a minimum of 80 . My main concern now has nothing to do with color, options or model. My main concern now is, will I receive a Bronco before I die. If I had a Twitter account I would pose that question to Mr. Levine.
That's about it. I wrote way back, that time would be the biggest issue. Well, other than for the folks around here, who act like they will live forever, lol.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps Ford has much deeper 2022 supply constraints then they want to admit to, much more than just chips, and they know they will be severely limited to how many 2022 Bronco's they can build, don't know, just speculating.
Yeah....and if that or something else is the case...we deserve the honest and blunt truth so we know what to expect and can plan accordingly. Or are they just stringing us along so we don't cancel and buy elsewhere?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perhaps Ford has much deeper 2022 supply constraints then they want to admit to, much more than just chips, and they know they will be severely limited to how many 2022 Bronco's they can build, don't know, just speculating.
I've never been convinced the hardtop issues were fully resolved by V2.0. At least not in terms of reliable/economical large scale production. I think hardtop will be a constraint for a while. Time will tell ...

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never been convinced the hardtop issues were fully resolved by V2.0. At least not in terms of reliable/economical large scale production. I think hardtop will be a constraint for a while. Time will tell ...
I think you're probably right. At this point, I'd be willing to switch to a soft top, but with the new allocations, I doubt it matters much.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't have a significant problem with the allocation system in MY21. Barring MIC constraints, when the system was put in place there was no way enough Broncos could be produced and no dealer was going to be able to fill all its retail orders.

But the change in the allocation model for MY22 looks like a total cluster. I don't know enough yet, but it sure seems like there are going to be big dealerships who fill all their customer orders and then have decent sized allocations left that will be stock builds while customer orders at smaller dealerships with outsized Bronco orders will go unbuilt.

Granger is obviously one of the most significant examples, but it will happen elsewhere too. It's very unfortunate, because not only is Granger offering a great value, but by all accounts they are offering great service to Bronco buyers as well. That is what Ford should want to reward here.

I'd be fine with any allocation system, as long as in the end, no stock orders were built before all buildable orders were done. Clean up all orders before building stock allocations, Ford...

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you actually expect to accomplish by harassing people on Twitter?

Whatever the male version of a "Karen" is, this has to be it.
Companies, rather surprisingly, care about their public image. So addressing them on large, public platforms has significantly more power than talking to a CSR on the phone. In some cases, it has the advantage that you interact directly with the people that make these decisions, rather than bothering a front-end worker. Hell, I got my home builder to fix one of their fuckups outside of warranty by posting a picture of their garbage work on twitter. Wouldn't help me before, but damn sure fixed it then.

Call that a Karen if you want, but it's the fastest-growing way to get customer service from a business for a reason: it shifts the power balance.

Do I think it's likely to change much in this case? No. But it might, and it could lead to a better reservation experience for the next group...or at least warn them away from having the same experience.

Sponsored

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You already have that with the dealers....
No you dont, Ford intentionally isolates themselves from the repair work so that liability for any screw ups go to the dealership and not to the parent company. It is a model designed to screw you over if something goes wrong in the repair (like a fatality) you cant sue Ford directly.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting the "press" involved....congrats... you should feel better about yourself. .

Maybe "Kevin" actually is the male version of "Karen"
Check out this shill, almost all of his posts are defending some part of Ford's behavior and he continuously is using polarizing language that creates a cultural divide of them vs. us.

"Anyone who doesn't tolerate shitty corporate behavior is a Karen, you don't want to be a Karen do you?"

"Down with the individual, justify shitty corporate behavior, bend over, take it, and like it!"

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting the "press" involved....congrats... you should feel better about yourself. .

Maybe "Kevin" actually is the male version of "Karen"
So in your opinion it’s ok for Ford to release press announcements like their roll back of the 80/20 name match to 60/40 like it’s a good thing. This guy that you’re trying to rip on wants the press to know what they are really doing from the consumer standpoint and you call him a Karen.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would be done buying Ford if this happened. I have never paid MSRP for a new vehicle. Being able to "shop" saves us thousands of dollars in a "normal" market on a "normal" vehicle like F-150 etc. This would be great for high demand new products like the Bronco, but consumers buying any other Ford would suffer paying more money. Ordering direct will be full MSRP every time. No thanks.
But you could argue that buying direct from ford would cost less to begin with, similar to what the vehicles cost the dealers to purchase. It would cut out the middle man (dealer) - each party has to make money
Sponsored