Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another vote here for the Desert Does it seat jackers. I found the seats “comfortable enough” but I would get sore on long drives. I’m 6’4” with longish legs, and the seat jackers changed the game for me - lots more leg support and less fatigue.

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may have to check into the seat jackers. I have back issues(cloth seats OBX high) but feel like i'm constantly scooting back adjusting myself in the seat. and after awhile my back is mildly sore. I'm 5'7".

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Desert Does It has an answer for the "flat" seat. I usually make my own and raise the front of the seat 1-1.5 inches but it was much easier to use this one rather than engineer my own. I highly recommend it!

Desert Does It Seat Jacker
$80 for a few shims and bolts 🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
placebo effect. NOTHING will make these seats more comfortable short (see what I did there?) of adding material to the front of the seat to support behind your legs above/at the knee.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
placebo effect. NOTHING will make these seats more comfortable short (see what I did there?) of adding material to the front of the seat to support behind your legs above/at the knee.
I disagree strongly about the placebo comment. I've raised the front and/or lowered the rear on all my serious vehicles. I even had a long time driver of MX5s hop in mine and immediately ask me "what did you do to this seat. It's the best seat I've ever sat in." No placebo there because it was a blind test.

RBT2583

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had my 23 badlands with mgv seats for about 2 weeks now and I recently noticed that the drivers seat is considerably less soft and comfortable than the passenger seat. Anyone else notice this? I suspect it might be the lumbar and I was considering taking the lumbar out of the drivers seat because even at full deflation it still bulges into my lower back and even the seat cushion is pretty stiff under the thighs, unlike the passenger seat which is super plush all over. Not quite sure why it’s so different. Would that suggest any kind of seat defect as to why the fit and comfort is so different? Not quite sure what to do but it bothers me that the passenger is so good, I want that seat on the drivers side.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the seat jackers and my right leg pain went away. The stock seats were just too flat and had no thigh support. This is an easy install and made all the difference. Highly recommended.

Sponsored

bn25168

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another vote here for the Desert Does it seat jackers. I found the seats “comfortable enough” but I would get sore on long drives. I’m 6’4” with longish legs, and the seat jackers changed the game for me - lots more leg support and less fatigue.
I am 6'1" and ordered some seat jackers. Are your seat jackers installed on the front or back? Are you using both on each front mount or just one each? With the jackers installed, how many cranks up from the bottom are you set for height? What is your seatback angle? Closer to upright or bigger incline/lounge-mode?

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 6'1" and ordered some seat jackers. Are your seat jackers installed on the front or back? Are you using both on each front mount or just one each? With the jackers installed, how many cranks up from the bottom are you set for height? What is your seatback angle? Closer to upright or bigger incline/lounge-mode?
I am using the full height on the front (bought two sets, have the passenger lifted/jacked too). My seats are powered so can’t comment on cranks, but I still have them elevated. I set closer to upright.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the Desert Does It seat jackers. My biggest issues is having to brace for turns, because I slide out of the seat. I sold my GR86 premium for my bronco, and the seat ergonomics from factory were far more comfortable (almost too comfy 😴). No issues with the GR seats keeping you in place; even when pulling high G turns.

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey want to try washer trick ..anyone have pics
.or detailed instructions for dummies..lol
I have mgv seats 23..gonna try to reverse headrest but also interested in trying washers..I'm not that tall but would like to see if this makes a difference..thanks
Sponsored