Sponsored

Unpopular Opinion: B&O is Great (Go ahead and Roast Me)

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've always got a chuckle over these debates about the B&O system. And I'm agreeing with the OP, the system is just fine (especially considering the vehicle it's in).

Back when I was younger (I'm well north of 60 now), I use to sell high-end audio equipment -think back to the days of the dimly lit sound rooms, with acoustic sound deadening materials on the walls. I use to debate the sound of Class-A amplifiers vs Class A-B amps, and Class-B amps; and differences between the various pick-ups for turntables and speakers with people on a daily basis... CES shows ever year, it was the life, lol.

Now we are debating the merits of a sound system in the environment of a vehicle with big noisy tires; removable roof panels; tons of wind noise; and modified (loud) exhaust systems? Really? If the goal for this system is for our wives and neighbors to hear us a mile before we get home, then yes, the B&O system isn't for you. Our Broncos aren't the environment for a discriminating audiophile experience. Considering all the external factors which are going to effect the sound within the passenger cabin, the accurate 20 to 20 sound recreation from any audio source is an absolute impossibility - unless you are sitting in a parking lot with the engine off.
Sponsored

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just how better sounding does a system have to be in order to listen to the latest crap music produced these days? After the six bars of death metal, electronic, pop or rap at obnoxious volumes ones ability to hear has diminished extensively to the point which tone quality canā€™t be determined..I think the B&O is just fine. Is it as good as the Sony system in my 2011 F150? No, but then again my F 150 is a totally different constructed vehicle which provides an entirely different acoustics.
This comment for the win along with the fact a Bronco is an open air box on wheels, so the equivalent of a golf cart for acoustics.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The B&O's in my RS and S series Audis rocks!

Last edited:

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another variable to consider is broncos equipped with sound deadening headliner from the factory should sound better.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive owned a couple of Broncos before my current one with the mid package and basic sound systemā€¦ it was pretty bland imo. Iā€™m not an audiophile but I tend to think I have a good ear. I ordered the Lux package on my Badlands that arrived last month for really two reasons, adaptive cruise and the B&O system. Iā€™ve read a lot of articles here and elsewhere and knew the wireless charger was a bust (which it is), the heating steering wheel is hit or miss (itā€™s been too hot to try but will know this winter), that the adaptive cruise is nice but that Ford didnā€™t include the latest tech (start/stop) (but I still love it) and that the B&O wasnā€™t that great (which was debated amongst the forums). I figured Iā€™d add my two cents. I thoroughly enjoy itā€¦ the highs are crisp, the lows are just enough to ā€œbumpā€ a bit without being obnoxious and I donā€™t have any rattle (yet). I also tend to mess with the tones and fade a lot depending on what Iā€™m listening to. Iā€™ve read that some folks have reset their B&O and that it made a world of difference but if all of our systems sound the same Iā€™m either deaf/have no real sense of sound, or there are issues with some of these systems. That being said, Iā€™m sure we all have different opinions on high quality sound. I can just say for me, after owning the previous Broncos, Iā€™m very happy I ordered the Lux and enjoy the B&O!
Sounds fine to me but then again I have hearing like the aunt on ā€œChristmas Vacationā€! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same camp where I think it sounds good, but like someone else posted, the acoustics of the Bronco are terrible, so it is what it is.

I find it hilarious here on the forum when people complain the the Bronco is slow, or the stereo is bad, or there is some wind noise.

Its a BRONCO! What did you all think you bought?
They bought it because they think it makes them look cool. Although thatā€™s an absolute joke and it doesnā€™t by the way, guess that look has sacrifices.

Hell, the Bronco does suck when you donā€™t go off-road. Far more luxurious, quiet, and comfortable options.

While Iā€™m running trails and listening to classic rock, sounds pretty good to me. Even Metal sounds good., but maybe softer volume music, such as acoustic doesnā€˜t.

Letā€™s not turn the Bronco into a Tahoe or Highlander. :)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always got a chuckle over these debates about the B&O system. And I'm agreeing with the OP, the system is just fine (especially considering the vehicle it's in).

Back when I was younger (I'm well north of 60 now), I use to sell high-end audio equipment -think back to the days of the dimly lit sound rooms, with acoustic sound deadening materials on the walls. I use to debate the sound of Class-A amplifiers vs Class A-B amps, and Class-B amps; and differences between the various pick-ups for turntables and speakers with people on a daily basis... CES shows ever year, it was the life, lol.

Now we are debating the merits of a sound system in the environment of a vehicle with big noisy tires; removable roof panels; tons of wind noise; and modified (loud) exhaust systems? Really? If the goal for this system is for our wives and neighbors to hear us a mile before we get home, then yes, the B&O system isn't for you. Our Broncos aren't the environment for a discriminating audiophile experience. Considering all the external factors which are going to effect the sound within the passenger cabin, the accurate 20 to 20 sound recreation from any audio source is an absolute impossibility - unless you are sitting in a parking lot with the engine off.
Thank you Jeff! Where you been? :)

Add to that, the source is Bluetooth for most of us. I plug in sometimes and that does sound better since itā€™s lossless Apple files, but I also donā€™t really care. The stereo at home or my over the ear headphones are for when I care.

Spending my money on mods, yes, but not on the radio. Whatā€™s going to help me out on trail or over that next obstacle are all I care about. Screw how it sounds, looks, or the stereo.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands with Lux. Personally, I love the B&O sound system. I do turn it up when riding alone but not to obnoxious levels. I really, really love music but I don't play music that requires extreme levels of bass. In fact I had to turn the bass down so the rest of the music wasn't drowned out. I think is sounds great for the type of rock I play. I disagree on the wireless charger. It charges my phone fast and without issue.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands with Lux. Personally, I love the B&O sound system. I do turn it up when riding alone but not to obnoxious levels. I really, really love music but I don't play music that requires extreme levels of bass. In fact I had to turn the bass down so the rest of the music wasn't drowned out. I think is sounds great for the type of rock I play. I disagree on the wireless charger. It charges my phone fast and without issue.
Man I wish it were true for my wireless! Phone gets hot and doesnā€™t charge hardly at all. I was hoping that it wasnā€™t as bad as everyone makes it out to be but for me, it is.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I wish it were true for my wireless! Phone gets hot and doesnā€™t charge hardly at all. I was hoping that it wasnā€™t as bad as everyone makes it out to be but for me, it is.
That sucks. I don't know why mine works well when others don't. I am pretty sure you can get in the console and change out the Qi charger under the plastic. It might take some work but it is possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I don't know why mine works well when others don't. I am pretty sure you can get in the console and change out the Qi charger under the plastic. It might take some work but it is possible.
Yeah, Mabett sells oneā€¦ not sure if itā€™s any better. Thereā€™s enough outlets to charge itā€™s not really an issue. Just wish it was more efficient.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive owned a couple of Broncos before my current one with the mid package and basic sound systemā€¦ it was pretty bland imo. Iā€™m not an audiophile but I tend to think I have a good ear. I ordered the Lux package on my Badlands that arrived last month for really two reasons, adaptive cruise and the B&O system. Iā€™ve read a lot of articles here and elsewhere and knew the wireless charger was a bust (which it is), the heating steering wheel is hit or miss (itā€™s been too hot to try but will know this winter), that the adaptive cruise is nice but that Ford didnā€™t include the latest tech (start/stop) (but I still love it) and that the B&O wasnā€™t that great (which was debated amongst the forums). I figured Iā€™d add my two cents. I thoroughly enjoy itā€¦ the highs are crisp, the lows are just enough to ā€œbumpā€ a bit without being obnoxious and I donā€™t have any rattle (yet). I also tend to mess with the tones and fade a lot depending on what Iā€™m listening to. Iā€™ve read that some folks have reset their B&O and that it made a world of difference but if all of our systems sound the same Iā€™m either deaf/have no real sense of sound, or there are issues with some of these systems. That being said, Iā€™m sure we all have different opinions on high quality sound. I can just say for me, after owning the previous Broncos, Iā€™m very happy I ordered the Lux and enjoy the B&O!
I agree, I like it!

IMG_7931.gif

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with the originator! I have a 2021 and I am very pleased with the B&O. I did adjust the sound levels to my liking, increased the base a little, but its good. To me its simple, if you think the system is bad then spend the money and put something you think is better in it!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just how better sounding does a system have to be in order to listen to the latest crap music produced these days? After the six bars of death metal, electronic, pop or rap at obnoxious volumes ones ability to hear has diminished extensively to the point which tone quality canā€™t be determined..I think the B&O is just fine. Is it as good as the Sony system in my 2011 F150? No, but then again my F 150 is a totally different constructed vehicle which provides an entirely different acoustics.
This ā˜ I totally agree, I have a 23 built late Dec. 22 with the B&O and for me it's fine, is it great no and like you I have a 2011 F150 Crew Cab with the Sony that's better but its all in the interior space.