Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a decent sound system.

I just don't think it's "hey let's spend double the cost of the High package" levels of good.

You get an incredible amount of value out of the High package, and a relatively horrific amount of value out of the Lux package in my opinion.
Exactly! As a couple others already said on this thread, you're basically paying ~$2500 for adaptive cruise and a heated steering wheel.

If you're going to upgrade the stereo anyway, definitely may as well start with the base one. I guess an argument could be made that with B&O there's no forscan needed to enable full range/sub, and the sub enclosure alredy there and wired. But the base has a simpler route for adding something like a Key 200.4 amp to power speakers you're going to swap regardless.

I replaced the 5 main speakers of my B&O within a couple of weeks of ownership (front corner swap made the biggest difference, and I encourage everyone to do those). Just added sound deadening in the whole back half, and will swapping the sub and adding an amp in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully then I can just ignore all these audio threads and focus on some mechanical stuff... or, ya know, just drive it and have fun.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly! As a couple others already said on this thread, you're basically paying ~$2500 for adaptive cruise and a heated steering wheel.
No need to intentionally sell it short . . . with Lux the buyer *does* also get a USB port on the top of the dash.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model X, Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I sell Fords for a living. We're supposed to talk up the virtues of any vehicle we're selling. As such, I never bring up the B&O speakers in any vehicle. If asked, I tell them how many speakers it has, and move on to the next subject.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There’s definitely tiers even within high end brands.

Listen to the upgraded Bang & Olufsen system in a modern Audi for example. I suspect “B&O” vs spelling the name out signifies a difference.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never heard the B&O system, but I want to put my upgraded base system up against it for comparison purposes/curiosities, lol.

Sponsored

mostfrantic

Badlands
First Name
Hesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 22 Ram AEV Prospector XL, stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the B&O system because it is good enough for me and I dont want to touch audio.. Or would be, my system rattles and vibrates so much I cant hear how bad the speakers are.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would take my 2003 Lexus GX470 Mark Levinson system over this B&O in a heartbeat. Very disappointed in it but thankful for all the members here that paved the way for a reasonably priced upgrade.