Sponsored

Opinion on how these Infinity Reference speakers sound?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these in mine and so far I'm happy with them over the stock units. I think they are a great bang for buck speaker.

Down the road might do an amp for them and explore a small powered sub to add a little bump.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BudgetBronco did an install and sound comparison video. I have also ordered a set of these speakers for the dash and rear and will install this weekend or next week.

Here is a link to the video:

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep - putting in the Kenwood under-seat sub as well.
Have you measured under the seat? I fit my amp and crossover in, but it is tight. I measured and looked at a couple of under seat sub options, but nothing I came up with would fit.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you measured under the seat? I fit my amp and crossover in, but it is tight. I measured and looked at a couple of under seat sub options, but nothing I came up with would fit.
The Kenwood will fit but I have to tamp down the vent. There are a few subs that will fit though. I think someone on here got one of the small Pioneer subs in there without issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Kenwood will fit but I have to tamp down the vent. There are a few subs that will fit though. I think someone on here got one of the small Pioneer subs in there without issue.
I’d like to know as well. I think the downfiring Kenwood sub might best for rear

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it, I’m not willing to eliminate the vents. I think I will try a custom cabinet in the rear roll bar triangle first. Seems pretty straightforward to mount with the top bolts and rear spear pod mounts to use to secure it and make it easy to remove for the once or twice I take the rear top off 🤞🏽

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somebody above linked my video and I hope you find it helpful. I think on this topic, like a lot of things, you will find that you can make nice improvements for a small investment, and then you get some diminishing returns as you continue to invest. We can all agree the base 6 speaker system is pretty bad, let's call that a 3/10. For a $150 investment you can take that to a 6.5/10 just by adding four 4" speakers with a couple of bass blockers and some dynamat. And if you want to keep spending take it to an 8 with an amp, and 9 with a subwoofer, etc but now you have invested probably $800 or more.

There was a really good post a couple of days ago saying they got it to 15/10 with a $1000 investment, but that was over the B&O system that already carries with it some additional investment.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somebody above linked my video and I hope you find it helpful. I think on this topic, like a lot of things, you will find that you can make nice improvements for a small investment, and then you get some diminishing returns as you continue to invest. We can all agree the base 6 speaker system is pretty bad, let's call that a 3/10. For a $150 investment you can take that to a 6.5/10 just by adding four 4" speakers with a couple of bass blockers and some dynamat. And if you want to keep spending take it to an 8 with an amp, and 9 with a subwoofer, etc but now you have invested probably $800 or more.

There was a really good post a couple of days ago saying they got it to 15/10 with a $1000 investment, but that was over the B&O system that already carries with it some additional investment.
In your opinion, do you think you’ll get better results with 6 new speakers + amp ( no sub) OR 4 new speakers + powered sub (no amp)?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In your opinion, do you think you’ll get better results with 6 new speakers + amp ( no sub) OR 4 new speakers + powered sub (no amp)?
Sorry but any answer I give would be just a guess. I am sure somebody here with more knowledge like @Ksjrb03 can give a better answer

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I just finished the swap of the Infinity Reference 4" with the Kicker KSC-40s. They are not quite as loud as the Infinity, as would be expected by the sensitivity rating (also slight lower 3.2ohm nominal impedance). The Kickers do seem to have a slightly better sound stage and the tweeters do not seem as bright to me. They also handle the lower frequencies/higher volume (with amp) slightly better, but not enough change to eliminate the need for supplemental bass. Overall the difference is pretty minor. I would suggest the Infinity for sure without an amp. I will be moving those to the rear pods once I get a replacement speaker from Harman/JBL. Hope that helps some trying to decide on speakers.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I just finished the swap of the Infinity Reference 4" with the Kicker KSC-40s. They are not quite as loud as the Infinity, as would be expected by the sensitivity rating (also slight lower 3.2ohm nominal impedance). The Kickers do seem to have a slightly better sound stage and the tweeters do not seem as bright to me. They also handle the lower frequencies/higher volume (with amp) slightly better, but not enough change to eliminate the need for supplemental bass. Overall the difference is pretty minor. I would suggest the Infinity for sure without an amp. I will be moving those to the rear pods once I get a replacement speaker from Harman/JBL. Hope that helps some trying to decide on speakers.
Just curious if anyone has heard the JBL vs Infinity speakers? I have wondered if the JBLs are as bright as Infinity since they are both Harman companies or if they sound noticeably different.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious if anyone has heard the JBL vs Infinity speakers? I have wondered if the JBLs are as bright as Infinity since they are both Harman companies or if they sound noticeably different.
I’m just concerned the Infinity will be too bright we’re I’m wanting warm

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went with the newer version of these Infinity Reference speakers the 407f. Also upgraded my Sub and added the Kicker Key 500.1 to drive it. It was really good but like others mentioned a bit bright. I saw that someone had replace the kick panel speakers with a pair of Memphis MJP6 speakers 100db efficiency so I was thinking I could get away with no amp. It worked to provide the fill the front stage needed. Absolutely thrilled with the new setup and I spent right around $1100 all in.
Sponsored