Sponsored

UPDATE: After 2 years of waiting and only a week left, I think I'm going to pass on the Bronco

TCFATL

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We reserved within 24 hours of the reservations opening and we were so excited for the Bronco. But a lot has changed in 2 years. We've made other vehicle choices and kind of moved on. When our bronco was finally scheduled to be built, I got excited again. Excited enough to basically plan on spending $61,000 on an off-roader, even with interest rates having increased. But the used market is starting to cool off in my town and honestly, the Bronco isn't really good at any of the things I want in a daily driver. It's just effing awesome. But even though I'm crazy excited about this and I've been waiting forever, I don't think that's a good justification for making a kind of bad decision.

Of course, with how long it is taking to get here, maybe I'll change my mind 9 more times. But I think I'm going to pass.
I am having same thoughts. No built date yet for my 2022 Badlands 2.7L Sasquatch Tow 4DR Soft Top LUX. Ordered as 2021 in JAN-21 then re-ordered as 2022 in DEC-21. Original plan was to give my son 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara 4DR Soft Top for college when he started a year ago. We decided better for him not to have a vehicle his freshman year but now has become a necessity. So my options are 1) cancel order and get $1,600 in reservation and order deposits back, 2) approach dealer and ask if they will give me something (e.g. $1,000) to see the order thru delivery then let them get the allocation and stock, 3) take delivery and flip it, or 4) take delivery and keep it as originally planned. The Bronco was to be our last gas-powered car but the world has changed. Also, dissonance has set in over my initial enthusiasm for the Bronco, the more I see them the less infatuated I become. After all, its just a vehicle, and one where I’ve hated the interior choices from day one (why not black on black with white contrast stitching and no neon blue or orange accents?). If only I could get some idea as to when it might build / ship I could plan accordingly but alas all I get are posters, hammocks and hats from Ford not answers. And now, amongst all the other build and supply chain issues that have befallen this modern day Edsel, the NHTSA has opened a formal inquiring into the reported catastrophic engine failures with the 2.7L. TBD how extensive the valve spring issue is and likely resulting recall. Understand 190,000 initial reservations converted to 125,000 actual orders. They sold ~ 35k 2021 Broncos and ~ 54k 2022 Broncos YTD. Hoping I’m somewhere in those 36k remaining orders but if no resolution before the end of 3Q22 I need to move on.
Sponsored

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We reserved within 24 hours of the reservations opening and we were so excited for the Bronco. But a lot has changed in 2 years. We've made other vehicle choices and kind of moved on. When our bronco was finally scheduled to be built, I got excited again. Excited enough to basically plan on spending $61,000 on an off-roader, even with interest rates having increased. But the used market is starting to cool off in my town and honestly, the Bronco isn't really good at any of the things I want in a daily driver. It's just effing awesome. But even though I'm crazy excited about this and I've been waiting forever, I don't think that's a good justification for making a kind of bad decision.

Of course, with how long it is taking to get here, maybe I'll change my mind 9 more times. But I think I'm going to pass.
I passed on my order that was delivered in July. I see it driving around town and miss it, but I bought a 2020 Wrangler while waiting (bought in May of 2020) and it's quite enjoyable.

My reasoning was two-fold:

1) The Jeep is nearing paid off in one more year. Hard to sign up for more payments when gas prices are up (and will likely stay that way).
2) I don't foresee my next vehicle being ICE when I only have 26K miles on the Wrangler. It can last me until the BEV Bronco enters its 2nd year. I'm going to be patient and do this right.

dmillerspc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the Kelly Blue Book on selling my $55,000 Bronco build options with 1500 miles on it private party and they come up with $75,000 resale value. If the dealer were to sell if for that, I certainly wouldn't consider them gouging or pirates for selling a car a KBB estimates.
That said, The Bronco is really a great vehicle and fun to drive and full of high tech advanced features. If you take delivery, you are liable to keep it forever like I will.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

After two years (July 18th reservation holder) My dealer called last week to notify me that my 4 Door WT SAS MIC LUX Pac MOD Bumper with side graphics paint protection and trailer hitch will be built Aug 29th with VIN number. I never wavered on a lower trim or component to try to get it built sooner. Stick to your build and be patient.

AvalonBeach71

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless the cost of the Bronco will force your household to eat moldy bread twice a day, and only turn the heat on in February, you should take delivery. I have no idea how old you are, but heed this advice. You will regret not buying the Bronco the rest of your days. If you buy it, and after a spell it truly is unmanageable, then you can sell. Otherwise, before you know it, you will be on your death bed at the nursing home thinking about how you could of had a Bronco. Besides, every other vehicle that posses an iota of “ fun” cost the same if not more. We only get a one time ride on this planet, and that ride flies by. Enjoy life, and take delivery of the Bronco.
Livin that yolo life!

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You could always try and literally trade it in on something newer. Like hey dealer X you can keep my bronco reservation but I want Y kind of deal on Z. Just a thought.

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. People ask me about 2 to 3 times week if I like my Bronco and my answer is always the same and I get the same look every time I say no, I don't like it, I love it. I start the day with the drive to work enjoying the drive and at the end of the day I enjoy the ride home. Can't wait to get it off the pavement again.

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John you are in a fortunate position. You have two vehicles that fill your needs. The Bronco isn't always the most practical, but it makes me feel young and hip and it is really fun to drive. Maybe you should ask around in your family if anyone wants to buy it for what you paid after you have driven it for X months. Then you would at least enjoy it for a while at zero cost. Just a thought.

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler, 2021 VW Atlas, 2023 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We are most likely cancelling for the same reasons. We were very excited about it when it first came out, now it's not as exciting. Not to mention we have no idea when we will actually get one. It also doesn't really fit our needs as a daily driver and would basically be one more toy in the garage. I think we're just going to spend the same amount of money on a 4WD pickup instead. Much more practical anyway.

Chert Channel

First Edition
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No!!!! don't do it. I almost did as well. At least go to the off roadeo before you make up your mind up.

Sponsored

Motoxslow

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HD Pan American, 2003 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was kinda thinking if all you with cold feet had just kept out of line, maybe the rest of us could get their build quicker, is that wrong? Oh well.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Who can blame you? Ford cocked-up this entire launch and reservation process in grand fashion. Future business classes will point to this launch as an example. Best of luck.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As cliche as this sounds, the Bronco is really worth it.

I went though a shitshow with mine, culminating with the ADM thread here that made me "internet famous" and waiting another eight months for Bronco #2 to show up. I just missed the two year mark from my initial reservation when I got it.

My Mother in law asked me last night-was it worth it? After owning it for two months, I said for the most part it is. I don't have any regrets about it and I've been pleasantly surprised with some things with it that I had low expectations on, like gas mileage.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was lucky enough to get one and use it as the daily driver. Besides the gas mileage (17.5 mpg with SAS), I don’t see any issue with it. A bit impractical, but no more so than any jeep. If anything, my 2 cents, do the off rodeo and see how you feel after. Also, could take delivery and sell it to a 6G member for nominal amount over what you paid. GL

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I applaud your decision. You've got to live with the consequences of your decisions, and it's important to be able to recognize this car no longer suits your best interests. Bravo! I wish you the best, the comments from the peanut gallery notwithstanding.
Sponsored