Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the dealer is pulling some BS. I think they just want people to come in and submit their order ASAP to make them feel like they get ahead of the line first. I hope this isn't true because I don't want to be rushing into the dealer asap and hope they get my order in and not sit on it for days.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the dealer is pulling some BS. I think they just want people to come in and submit their order ASAP to make them feel like they get ahead of the line first. I hope this isn't true because I don't want to be rushing into the dealer asap and hope they get my order in and not sit on it for days.
Quite the opposite. The dealer told him that he didnā€™t need to come in to the dealership to order.
I think itā€™s just a matter of dealerships getting half the information throughout the months. They obviously are not paying close attention. The Bronco isnā€™t selling right now, but all the other available models are. They might be distracted on current sales.

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny, I received a call this week from a salesman asking if I was ready to come in and place my Bronco order. I said ā€œabsolutely, but didnā€™t think we could do that until December, and I still havenā€™t seen the build and price tool on the Ford websiteā€ there was a moment of silence, followed by him saying Iā€˜ll have to check on that and get back to you. Hate when I have more information than the dealership?

Sponsored

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey y'all! Where do I even start with this... LOL

First of all, what in the everloving f*ck is this person talking about!? 100% #Fakenews

I was sent a full copy of this email which included some contact information. I tried calling the sales rep who sent this email, but she is off for the weekend. I was transferred to her manager twice, but I was sent to voicemail both times. I have also sent a text to a number listed in the full email but also no response yet. I'm starting to understand why y'all are getting frustrated with your dealers lol I will try again on Monday, if nothing else just to find out what their full plan is.

So here's the weird part to me: You would expect that they are spreading this misinformation and altering their process because they have something to gain from it, but I don't see any way that they will benefit from this. None whatsoever. I think it's more likely that a sales rep went rogue and sent this message without fact checking it first.

The latest I've heard from Ford is that your place in line will be based primarily on your individual reservation number (nothing to do with the dealer) and partially on how your vehicle is equipped (because they batch build stuff). Ford has said they will give everybody an update regarding their exact strategy sometime in the near future.

I DO NOT BELIEVE DEALERSHIPS HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER YOUR PRIORITY IN LINE.

I'll let you all know if they get back to me.

Eric

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got in contact with the sales rep who sent this. The information in this email is in regards to the Bronco Sport, not the Bronco. Even then, the priority bit is still wrong. It is true though that the Sport order banks are open and we have already begun submitting orders to the factory.

Sounds like they just aren't differentiating between the two model lines for their communications.

Case closed!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only Ford's communication department stepped in to provide us regular updates.... that might be nice??ā€ā™‚?
Why would they need to do that? The process has been outlined on their website since the day reservations opened up. The FAQs are still up. The fact that a dealer lied in an email doesnā€™t mean they need to come out and refute it every time it happens. Just read their website FAQs in reservations. Then...youā€™re good.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me from day 1 in mid July that We will be putting in our own orders through the Ford website in December. The dealerships are not involved at all. All they can do is let you log on to your Ford account on one of their computers and help you submit the order.

The part about losing your place in line? Havenā€™t heard that before. My dealer and Ford themselves said that your reservation number is you placement in line.
I'd also been told by my current dealer (may change soon) that when it came time to actually order, we'd get a link from Ford, configure everything ourselves, and then that would get sent to the dealer to finalize. (Still not sure if I like that, but I can see some pros and cons.)

But this idea of your place in line changing based on when your order is placed is ludicrous.
My guess is that someone heard that your order can change your place in line (because the details of your order come into play with the batching process) and somehow twisted that to mean that when you place your order changes your place in line.

And the problem of dealers not properly distinguishing between Bronco and Bronco Sport continues...

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they need to do that? The process has been outlined on their website since the day reservations opened up. The FAQs are still up. The fact that a dealer lied in an email doesnā€™t mean they need to come out and refute it every time it happens. Just read their website FAQs in reservations. Then...youā€™re good.
Oh no definitely! I was mainly referencing the whole process. I know we wouldn't get it, but it would be convenient to hear from them especially with how big this launch is. Just to help keep those informed that can't make their events?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the problem of dealers not properly distinguishing between Bronco and Bronco Sport continues...
Gee, wonder why stealerships get a bad rap???
What exactly is a sales person supposed to learn if not the models and differences between them within the Brand they are selling.

God forbid they learn the pros and cons of those models over the competition also.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are dealers going to eventually require an additional down payment closer to when we ACTUALLY order these things?

asking because everyone keeps saying ā€œ60% of reservations wonā€™t convert to ordersā€ or whatever. But if all you will have to do is fill out the order form online In December and there is no commitment beyond that, what is stopping everyone from placing their order and then backing out in June or whenever they start arriving?
Sponsored