First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh you know they did!! I got the email at 12:21. I bet they are thinking these mofos know way more than they are suppose to! ????

Speaking knowing more.."ford sig" said building 8 broncos a day for the next three days! Hopefully be seeing them spied!
I spoke with the GM of Ted Britt Ford here in VA yesterday for awhile and he said Ford is freaking out about all of the "leaks" that the forums know about. He was talking to people there who couldn't believe we knew the delays were due to the tops before they announced it.
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the time stamp for the reservations for the dealer allotments, like the later reservation holder could not make the cut for what the dealer's allotment is. Hopefully Ford can maybe try to get those people to other dealers that have more allotments before just saying wait for 2022MY.

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Job #1 is expected to start 5-3 and those first few weeks builds stay on hold for a while. That leaves about 26 weeks production.
Thanks for the knowledge. At 26 weeks - not counting the "Saturday builds" that the other comment suggested - that's 6k Broncos a week for 26 weeks, or 156,000 Broncos in 2021. That equals your 80% reservation conversion rate on 190k reservations right there. Now factor in supply issues... So yea best case scenario, based on what we know right now, assuming an 80% conversion rate, looks like this should spill a month or two (or more depending on supply issues) into 2022 guys...

Our last hope is a lower than 80% conversion rate and great efforts from Ford to mitigate supply issues. That's what I want to hear about from Ford next: what's the conversion rate and what are they doing to search for supplies.

Last edited:

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit, I find a lot of these posts humorous. I mean, I'm not discounting any of your frustrations, but it is pretty obvious that 99.999% of yall have never worked in an automotive assembly plant. I've worked in 3 in the 28 years I've been with Ford. I've seen the assembly line for the Super Duty completely shut down for 3 days because we couldn't get brake calipers. That stoppage also ground to a halt the production of the Expedition/Navigator, because the conveyance systems in the plant rely on both models being cycled through the system, otherwise certain conveyor assets get blocked out and it log jams the entire system. At the Atlanta Assembly Plant I saw production halted for lack of dipsticks...yes, oil dipsticks shut us down.
I guess I have a little more patience with this whole Bronco launch, because I have survived several new vehicle launches. Things go sideways that even the best of engineers overlook, and getting 3rd party suppliers all working in sync with the final assembly is not a small task.

@LEGEND, you guys keep up the good work up there. BTW, have you laid eyes on the new KUKA mag-lev conveyors yall installed up there in the body shop? I'd love to see one in action.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I spoke with the GM of Ted Britt Ford here in VA yesterday for awhile and he said Ford is freaking out about all of the "leaks" that the forums know about. He was talking to people there who couldn't believe we knew the delays were due to the tops before they announced it.
welcome to social media land. news travels much faster than it use to lol.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to admit, I find a lot of these posts humorous. I mean, I'm not discounting any of your frustrations, but it is pretty obvious that 99.999% of yall have never worked in an automotive assembly plant. I've worked in 3 in the 28 years I've been with Ford. I've seen the assembly line for the Super Duty completely shut down for 3 days because we couldn't get brake calipers. That stoppage also ground to a halt the production of the Expedition/Navigator, because the conveyance systems in the plant rely on both models being cycled through the system, otherwise certain conveyor assets get blocked out and it log jams the entire system. At the Atlanta Assembly Plant I saw production halted for lack of dipsticks...yes, oil dipsticks shut us down.
I guess I have a little more patience with this whole Bronco launch, because I have survived several new vehicle launches. Things go sideways that even the best of engineers overlook, and getting 3rd party suppliers all working in sync with the final assembly is not a small task.

@LEGEND, you guys keep up the good work up there. BTW, have you laid eyes on the new KUKA mag-lev conveyors yall installed up there in the body shop? I'd love to see one in action.
I had a co-worker (trades contractor) who shut down an auto plant (maybe only for an hour or so) because he dropped a wrench into the line. That doesn't seem like a long time but likely stopped a number cars from being built during that hour and getting the line running again. So simple things like that plus any commodities shortage with a just-in-time system and it's not hard ti imagine shut downs.

He hated using tool-lanyards. He also shut down a newspaper press by dropping a piece of material. I've never seen something so spectacular as rolls of paper, that move at about 50ft/second, get jammed up in the rollers. What a guy.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My point is that it’s useless to try to figure out how it will effect things because 1. We don’t know what the formula actually is and 2. We don’t know what the specific variables for any given dealer will be.
Yeah, the real wildcard seems to be the dealership allotment. I can see this being the biggest issue being that the ones offering X-plan or some other discount will have more orders and allotment constraints could hit them the worst. I'm already planning a FE....thats going to be a FE22 (First Edition 2022).?‍♂ On top of that, I was already willing to wait for "Late Availability" for the painted Black Hardtop.......who knows, FE23???:LOL:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford probably guessed they would have about 50k reservations that would convert to 30k orders, which they would easily get in under the 2021 model year. Then 140k more reservations showed up. We have no one to blame but ourselves.
i'm imagining that they listened to the MBA types who assumed no more than a 5% take rate for manuals and put out a contract to Getrag for only 1500 manual transmissions. oops.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My frustration is not caused by manufacturing delays due to COVID-19, or any other issues. It is due to the lack of consistent, and timely information from Ford. It is unfathomable that Ford, while having our contact information (phone number, address, email), does not openly communicate with us in a consistent, and timely manner. There are brand managers, customer experience managers, and a team of people assigned to the Bronco launch. They are not in manufacturing, and their job is to communicate with the dealers, and us. For those that say Ford’s customers are the dealers, and not us, I agree with it from a legal standpoint, but not from a practical standpoint.

In summary, Ford should openly communicate with the end-users of their product (Bronco), and that’s us.

Sponsored

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know we’re laughable, but can we get your expert opinion on the issues? With your experience at Ford, can you give us your opinion on the launch? Is this a big launch (# of reservations) compared to past new vehicle launches? Realistically, how many Broncos do you think Ford can produce in six months in 2021, COVID or not? I understand it’s hard to opine on it with missing dipsticks and wrench droppings and what have you, but can you give any guestimation on the total MY21 Broncos? Any thoughts on what the conversion rate may be? How hard is it to handle supply issues?

EDIT: sorry, I see your earlier post that maybe it’s more like 600 per day. Still curious about your thoughts as a long term Ford employee.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know we’re laughable, but can we get your expert opinion on the issues? With your experience at Ford, can you give us your opinion on the launch? Is this a big launch (# of reservations) compared to past new vehicle launches? Realistically, how many Broncos do you think Ford can produce in six months in 2021, COVID or not? I understand it’s hard to opine on it with missing dipsticks and wrench droppings and what have you, but can you give any guestimation on the total MY21 Broncos? Any thoughts on what the conversion rate may be? How hard is it to handle supply issues?

EDIT: sorry, I see your earlier post that maybe it’s more like 600 per day. Still curious about your thoughts as a long term Ford employee.

I think there were some interesting takes on production a couple of months ago from insiders on the forum. I recall they mentioned that the first few weeks production might be dozens per day until they get all the processes working right. After that is an additional ramp up to full speed. This is clearly not a throw the switch 5/3 and start counting.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the new model Expedition launch, we were faced with numerous hurdles, from lack of parts availability, to issues with body construction (water intrusion into the cab around the liftgate). Our shop (body construction) is engineered to run at about the same line speed as MAP's. Ramp up to full production speed (at the time was 26ish an hour) took us about a month. First 2 or 3 weeks, we'd build maybe 26 a day if we were lucky. Most of the delays were due to final assembly, either parts shortages (our suppliers also had to adjust as we needed them to, which caused more delay), or adjusting the assembly processes or order of processes.

I have no idea when they (MAP) intend to swap over to MY22, so I can't say as to how many MY21 will get built. We usually change over MY around August or September. So, my best GUESS, is that if they start building production units for customers in March, they may be able to squeeze out 60-70k units before MY changeover.
As to conversion rate....hey, I'm just a dumb old electrician, so no idea there.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guessing they know how many parts they’ll have. theyll make as many as they can anD
Precisely - so your Time Stamp-ed reservation is meaningless - with regards to where you are "in-line" or when you will get your vehicle.
Its just PR BS to get people to get excited and hopefully wait, and wait, and wait
I think that’s mostly correct. i Think it more comes into play in you getting the same one as other people. Guessing it might be a longer wait for some Badlands Squatches then a base
Sponsored