Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Really. 62.000 points is only $300. That's some wicked common core math conversion. Here's a crazy thought. 300 points equals $300. $300 dollars might get you a nice insulated mug or t shirt at a dealership.
Stop! Stop! You're making too much sense.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly. My Fusion is paid off and gets me from Point A to Point B just fine. I waited my entire life to see my Chicago Cubs finally win the World Series in 2016. The fact that I waited and stayed faithful made that win so much sweeter. Whether it's late next year or sometime in 2022, I already know my Badlands will be worth the wait...especially since I didn't punk out and go buy something else. [o-===-o]

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Delivery date has not been known at time of order for any vehicle using the reservation process so far (Ranger).

Pro-Tip if this is going to be your first Ford order via it's current reservation process (ie: You didn't pre-order a Ranger): The date Ford gives you for delivery is a GUESTIMATE. It's not set in stone, it's not legally enforceable, and you should NOT make solid plans around an exact date.

Global resource allocation and manufacturing is not the same as your great Auntie promising a pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day.
@Rick Astley, quick question how off was your Ford Guestimate vs. Your actual delivery date with your Ranger?

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Nothing good in life comes easy
  • Good things come to those who wait
  • Genius rewards the patient
[Insert other parable or quote related to patience]
It’s all a conspiracy by the man to keep us brothers down

OK - maybe not related to patience

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The FordPass modem is not the 4G Hotspot modem.

Ford decided last year not to charge for FordPass services like remote start and lock/unlock but you do need to activate the modem in your car to use them.

This is the same with all new Ford vehicle purchases. Buy the car, download the app, add your car for the features and get the bonus points. If you don't want the app or the functions provided by the modem for free you don't get the rewards associated with the app.
Whew! Had me worried.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley, quick question how off was your Ford Guestimate vs. Your actual delivery date with your Ranger?
We had one part which had a TSB and thus a delay of over 3 months. It was the stick-on keypad for the remote access. (that TSB part now has a second TSB and is awaiting yet ANOTHER part number for it, I wouldn't add the remote keypad to my Bronco order sheet even if they paid me to take it!). The Ranger status was "Built" but "scheduling shipping" or something like that. The Scheduling shipping turned out to be 3 weeks months the car was sitting on some factory back lot waiting for content (keypad) as apparently they weren't shipping vehicles to delivery unless 100% of order-sheet content was on the vehicle (see DIA below).

If you took out that keypad delay, we had a total of 3 weeks further delays from the delivery estimate given when the VIN was created to the day we could actually buy the car from the dealership. Shipping had approximately 1 week delay while Ford did whatever they do to organize rail transit across country (this will be apples to apples with Bronco as they are made in the same plant, i'm assuming). Then 2 weeks that the car just sort of sat there waiting for build to start. The best I can guess (and I mean GUESS, there is no customer-facing info to get from Ford on this), was that we ordered the Super Cab (2-door with 6' bed) which was a verrrrrrrry low take-rate out of the reservations received, so i'm guessing that our VIN was in a batch of Super Cab's waiting for their run through the assembly line or parts specific to the Super Cab.

What I learned from that experience is that ordering an obscure build with obscure options or factory-installed accessories that you really don't want to risk a delay over, you leave those OFF your build sheet. Get them Dealer-installed whenever parts are available. Obviously Ford has stated they are doing the DIA program for Bronco, which is massive. That hasn't gotten enough attention by people on here. that is going to massively speed up deliveries instead of VIN's waiting on part content to start their build.

I plan on ordering a normal build without obscure or difficult combos that have low margins (base-squatch-manuals with color-matched roof, looking at you!) and rinky dink factory options which could potentially have low parts availability when it's something I can install myself or DIA later. After that, you're just rolling the dice and hoping they have the parts for your rig!

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.... I was by no means 1st in line, but with a 17 July reservation date, I'm hopeful to have said truck truck 1 year later.

Or, am I fooling myself?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh an extra 20000 points. that's like pennies in a bucket for them. Considering all the delays and it seems one issue after another. $100 isn't much. Considering Ford offered a $750 pre order rebate on the Ranger two years ago and nothing on the Bronco before they even realized it would be as popular as it is now
Sponsored