Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco [Update: Only 1 Hour of Production Lost] MAP Flood Yesterday Suspended Bronco Production well shit
Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, I'm just above you on the map... Hitting hard here to. And my central air went out last night. Woke up in a sweat thinking like wtf is going on... Is the place on fire. Lol. Thank God I was able to go reset everything and it started working again... 44°c here for the next 4-5 Days. Like I'm not cranky enough already about the Bronco delays lol
On the other side of the Cascades, we will be ruminating in 117° at the peak of the 10-day stretch of 100°+ highs. 😓

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now this is something that is entirely out of ford's control. That's just crazy amounts of rain and I remember what four inches of rain in a short time did around here a few years back. Hope all workers are safe and good luck (and not in a mocking way) to the people who will likely work long hours getting the plant back together.
Ford owns the property and can make changes to control runoff . Leadership made choices not to allocate resources to control runoff and now Ford is reaping the result.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that used to happen at my Ford plant from time to time. all that roof area catching heavy rain and all of it going down the drains faster than the sewers could take it away. the building had been expanded a few times since original construction in the 1940s and had overwhelmed the city systems. usually it was the water pressure lifting the manhole covers that would flood the plant floor. not puddles mind you, inches deep with current. interim to city upgrades maintenance welded the manhole covers down then sometimes the water pressure would find another week spot and escape to the floor.
there are usually numerous pits on a factory floor, most filled with electrical equipment. for me as an electrician it was all hands on deck and long hours.
eventually the city caught up but with changing weather who knows.

edit, seldom (maybe never) were any units lost, only time and maybe some floor stacked parts.
BINGO, its not that big of a deal...people don't realize this happens often...that's one of the reasons why we have a safety team in place.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not as bad as it could have been. Might be slight delays in production restarting but that very wll could be the worst of it.

The Stelantis plant, however... 😳
What about the broncos that are built can you find that out? Please?

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford owns the property and can make changes to control runoff . Leadership made choices not to allocate resources to control runoff and now Ford is reaping the result.
I REALLY hope this is sarcasm.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the other side of the Cascades, we will be ruminating in 117° at the peak of the 10-day stretch of 100°+ highs. 😓
Yeah I'm just up a mountain just to the north of Mount Baker.... It's so damn hot up here right now. It's supposed to feel like 49° c or 121 Fahrenheit. It'll be like that for 5 or so... And about 95 for another 7. I'd still take this over what the poor folks in Michigan are getting tho. Ugh.

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In theory they could just shift their July shut down to this coming week? Although that makes sense so probably won’t happen!

Also, Michigan y’all need to sort out your infrastructure!

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not as bad as it could have been. Might be slight delays in production restarting but that very wll could be the worst of it.

The Stelantis plant, however... 😳
Stelantis more like Atlantis
Ford Bronco [Update: Only 1 Hour of Production Lost] MAP Flood Yesterday Suspended Bronco Production 1624724724409

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how long until they email us with MY24 price protection blah blah...... 😫😩

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn I should have gotten the vinyl hose out interior.
Sponsored