Sponsored

UPDATE PSA - If you have a Stabilizer Bar Disconnect and plan to run the RCI Transmission Skid BEWARE!!!

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Yeah I reached out to Tyler aka BroncBuster weeks ago once I saw this issue for info about how they did the Talon Garage ones for this exact reason.
Broncbuster sells Talon’s skid. Why he says not compatible with Badlands SBD and Talon makes it work is beyond me. Why don’t both have a drop down box to choose SBD yes or no, just like you choose 2.3 or 2.7?

Broncbusters website - “NOT compatible with Badlands with a sway bar disconnect”

Talon website - “*** If your Bronco has an electronic disconnecting sway bar please contact us before making your purchase***
Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Broncbuster sells Talon’s skid. Why he says not compatible with Badlands SBD and Talon makes it work is beyond me. Why don’t both have a drop down box to choose SBD yes or no, just like you choose 2.3 or 2.7?

Broncbusters website - “NOT compatible with Badlands with a sway bar disconnect”

Talon website - “*** If your Bronco has an electronic disconnecting sway bar please contact us before making your purchase***
I assume BronBustr bought a bunch of standard skids and they are not compatible. Talon will make the skid to order.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you misunderstood me. Tyler said they had to make accommodations in the design for it to work with the SBD.

But yes a dropdown to choose the different models would help with Talons products.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He recently discovered the stabilizer bar is in contact with the RCI transmission skid. When the stabilizer rotates it is cutting a groove in the plate.

-7556292785722764840.jpg
FYI, this can be caused by Icon stage3+ coilover kit (swaybar relocation bar). Simply add more spacer to RCI skid if Icon kit is installed.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To their credit, it appears that they are providing good customer service and giving you workable options. I've had a transmission skid plate on my "to do sometime" plans. I can't recall if an RCI was one of the ones I looked at, but I'll keep it in mind. I think there was at least one that allowed access to the drain plug without removing or something similarly helpful.
Oil access was talons garage.

Sponsored

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checked my 2021 2dr 2.7 this morning. About 1/4” clearance and no signs of rubbing. I installed about 2000 miles or so ago, and have been off-road several times with it.
Do appreciate the PSA on this though, thanks.

OP
OP

BLTom

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, this can be caused by Icon stage3+ coilover kit (swaybar relocation bar). Simply add more spacer to RCI skid if Icon kit is installed.
maybe something to this, we both have Icon

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP

BLTom

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed 3/8 in. spacer last night, looks like it clears now.

Reactions: 0ne

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed 3/8 in. spacer last night, looks like it clears now.
Did you get the spacers from RCI. Wondering if you notice a nose when it comes in contact. I have the RCI transmission skid but didn’t notice it. I installed it in August of this year.

OP
OP

BLTom

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I just used some washers but RCI Is sending me some spacers. See post 19 I think we figured out that it is the Icon relocation bracket lowering the position of the SBD. No fault of RCI

Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE PSA: If you are running the Icon Stage 3+ suspension kits they have a sway bar relocation bracket spacer added on the swaybar mount which means that you need to drop the RCI plate further with spacers to provide enough clearance or your s will end up looking like mine. Easy fix and RCI was great with their customer service along the way..

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, I just used some washers but RCI Is sending me some spacers. See post 19 I think we figured out that it is the Icon relocation bracket lowering the position of the SBD. No fault of RCI

Might be good to update the first post with this info, as some people may not read through all the posts.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody selling their aluminum RCI transmission skid, later version with the pre-drilled holes along the upswept sides to accommodate cat shields?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm running the 3/16ths steel RCI skids front to back with the 2.7 in a Badlands on 37s w/Icon Stage 8. I've not seen this problem myself but I'll check the skid.. I do have the Icon drop installed for sway bar. I've not had any issues with the package.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running the 3/16ths steel RCI skids front to back with the 2.7 in a Badlands on 37s w/Icon Stage 8. I've not seen this problem myself but I'll check the skid.. I do have the Icon drop installed for sway bar. I've not had any issues with the package.
I also have a 2.7 Badsquatch, with RCI skids (including tranny), and am about to install ICON's Stage 3, also with a SBD drop-kit. I look forward to your findings.
Sponsored