Sponsored

UPDATE PSA - If you have a Stabilizer Bar Disconnect and plan to run the RCI Transmission Skid BEWARE!!!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have a 2.7 Badsquatch, with RCI skids (including tranny), and am about to install ICON's Stage 3, also with a SBD drop-kit. I look forward to your findings.
Without dropping it (too cold and wet tonight) and just looking with a flashlight and inspection camera, it’s close but I don’t see any evidence of rubbing.

I’ll drop the skid in the next day or so and see what I see.
Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without dropping it (too cold and wet tonight) and just looking with a flashlight and inspection camera, it’s close but I don’t see any evidence of rubbing.

I’ll drop the skid in the next day or so and see what I see.
Thank you very much.

I tend to use the skids as intended (I'm on my second tranny skid), so if the existing gap between the skid and SBD is small, and the skid deforms, I'd be in trouble... perhaps spacers are the way to go for me, too. With regard to the spacers, since the engine and tranny skids "mate" together, wouldn't spacers drop the tranny skid lower than the engine skid, and thus catch/snag on oncoming debri and rocks? That wouldn't work.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like this is specific to a ICON kit upgrade, is that right?

I have a Badlands 4dr 2.7 Sas. With the full RCI underbody minus the gas tank. Have never noticed anything odd but at the same time it seems that you would only notice this by looking at the inside of the skid plate and looking for rubbing or that same grove that OP posted.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like this is specific to a ICON kit upgrade, is that right?

I have a Badlands 4dr 2.7 Sas. With the full RCI underbody minus the gas tank. Have never noticed anything odd but at the same time it seems that you would only notice this by looking at the inside of the skid plate and looking for rubbing or that same grove that OP posted.
It'd appear that this problem is ICON coilovers upgrade-specific; ICON stipulates the use of a spacer that drops the sway bar by a half-inch maybe, which brings the SBD mechanism closer to the skid plate... hence the possible contact... it's how I understand it.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the RCI transmission skid on the badlands with stock suspension. Have sway bar disconnect. Want on some trails this weekend used the sway bar disconnect there is no rubbing at all. I have a 2023 2.7 badlands

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'd appear that this problem is ICON coilovers upgrade-specific; ICON stipulates the use of a spacer that drops the sway bar by a half-inch maybe, which brings the SBD mechanism closer to the skid plate... hence the possible contact... it's how I understand it.
Much appreciated. Makes allot more sense. I was going to say I havnt noticed any issues and have had the skids on for months. Started to worry I was grinding parts without knowing. Stock sas suspension.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have a 2.7 Badsquatch, with RCI skids (including tranny), and am about to install ICON's Stage 3, also with a SBD drop-kit. I look forward to your findings.
Yep. It’s touching. Easy fix seems to be adding about .25” to .5” washers per bolt (4 bolts for transmission skid and 2 on the back of the engine skid) to level it all out and add back the clearance. May need new bolts but they seem long enough first glance.

I say that it may require about .5” because that is the thickness of the drop spacer for the sway bar, so that gets you back to “factory” but I’ll likely do less.

It’s nothing I’m worried about as I have plenty of ground clearance lifted on 37s. Losing .25” to .5” is gonna make zero difference.

Very likely it’s a universal problem for anyone using the Icon lifts.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. It’s touching. Easy fix seems to be adding about .25” to .5” washers per bolt (4 bolts for transmission skid and 2 on the back of the engine skid) to level it all out and add back the clearance. May need new bolts but they seem long enough first glance.

I say that it may require about .5” because that is the thickness of the drop spacer for the sway bar, so that gets you back to “factory” but I’ll likely do less.

It’s nothing I’m worried about as I have plenty of ground clearance lifted on 37s. Losing .25” to .5” is gonna make zero difference.

Thanks for investigating; I'll surely be adding those washers to the proper bolts.

OP
OP

BLTom

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did 3/8 seems to be clearing fine.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning
I wanted to place an order with Talon Garage for a skid plate transmission on the BADLAND SASQUASH 2023 2.7. THEIR RESPONSE We are currently working on certain fitment issues. Everything will be resolved before the end of January, you will be informed and we will be able to fulfill your TALON GARAGE order.
TRACKTOY

Sponsored
OP
OP

BLTom

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good morning
I wanted to place an order with Talon Garage for a skid plate transmission on the BADLAND SASQUASH 2023 2.7. THEIR RESPONSE We are currently working on certain fitment issues. Everything will be resolved before the end of January, you will be informed and we will be able to fulfill your TALON GARAGE order.
TRACKTOY
The Talon transmission skid the my son's gave me for Christmas fits perfectly on my 2.3L BaseSquatch. I know Talon makes these to order for your exact spec.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

more news from TALON GARAGE FOR MY REQUEST
ANSWER FROM TALON GARAGE FOR MY NEED

Hi Andre,

While we have finished making the adjustments, we do want to test fit a few locally before we ship international to Canada. I have included a few photos to show the new upgrades. The transmission skid plate offers larger reinforcing ribs adding more strength and durability. Exposed bolt heads will now be protected. Please reach back out to use in 3-4 weeks as we should be done with test fitting by then.

Thank you,
Crystal Tindall
Talons Garage

TRACKTOY
Ford Bronco UPDATE PSA - If you have a Stabilizer Bar Disconnect and plan to run the RCI Transmission Skid BEWARE!!! P1020134.JPG
Ford Bronco UPDATE PSA - If you have a Stabilizer Bar Disconnect and plan to run the RCI Transmission Skid BEWARE!!! P1020164.JPG
Ford Bronco UPDATE PSA - If you have a Stabilizer Bar Disconnect and plan to run the RCI Transmission Skid BEWARE!!! P1020173.JPG

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M2; 2015 Accord -goes when Bronco arrives
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished replacing my aluminum RCI transmission skid (with steel RCI) and found this same issue. I am still factory everything around where this skid installs, no lift (factory SAS) Badlands (factory skids in front of and behind). Upon removal, yep I discovered rubbing. Glad I found this when I did and then this thread! Created my own "spacers" with leftover RCI provided hardware. As others have stated any deformation in that area will require immediate inspection, but for now I think it should ride. Four of the "gold" washers stacked on the two front RCI mounts (3/8" extra clearance created) and the factory diff skid riding on top of RCI(no edge to catch on). It bends nicely into place when tighted back down.

20240307_161213.jpg

20240307_161205.jpg

20240307_160805.jpg

20240307_160709.jpg

20240307_160644.jpg
Sponsored