Sponsored

[Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UPDATE: Solved.

Ok, remember very early on, when I made the disclaimer that this could all very likely be the result of me having a true dumbass moment? Well, rejoice trolls; that prophecy has been fulfilled.

This is powering the Katzkin heated and cooled seats (the one thing not installed by Rabid btw).

Why did this not occur to me? Probably because I had these done as part of my original mods when I took delivery in December, I haven't used the heat in months, and I certainly haven't used the A/C yet at all. Worth the investment? Time will tell. But you know the saying, once you go cooled back...

How did I figure it out? I got home after Mrs. Thumbnails had gone to bed, forgot that she would let the house get to 80 degrees without my intervention, woke up in the middle of the night and was like, "goddammit it's hot. I'm turning on the A/C. Even my back is hot--D'OHMYGOD!"

Did some 4 a.m. Youtubing, went out the truck this morning, pulled the fuse, and sure enough. Definitely going to tidy up and heat shrink that nest, though.

I am sorry that I set this great community up for failure. Still, I had fun. Hope you did, too.

Welp, I guess that's a wrap. Until next time, sports fans!

Now, where to tap for ACC power for the dash cam....

img_0834-jpg.jpg

ORIGINAL POST:

I went to hardwire a dash cam (with the help of many of you good people here) and saw... that fuse 36 had already been tapped. I was not expecting that, because I sure didn't put anything there. I searched here, but didn't find any info on what this is or where it came from. Does anyone know what this is? Also... three ground wires?? MY22 4DR OBX SAS with Lux. And, yes, I am the only owner. Thanks!

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0806

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0806

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0802

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0803

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0804

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0805
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Suspicious AF...interested to see where these wires lead if you're able to trace them. No idea what that box is that they come into.

Could it be some tracking mechanism the dealer installed?

OP
OP
SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Suspicious AF...interested to see where these wires lead if you're able to trace them. No idea what that box is that they come into.

Could it be some tracking mechanism the dealer installed?
Yeah, this is one where I'm genuinely hoping that I'm having a dumbass moment, and the answer is something like "that's the auto high-beam flux capacitor, moron." But I'm not optimistic.

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to hardwire a dash cam (with the help of many of you good people here) and saw... that fuse 36 had already been tapped. I was not expecting that, because I sure didn't put anything there. I searched here, but didn't find any info on what this is or where it came from. Does anyone know what this is? Also... three ground wires?? MY22 4DR OBX SAS with Lux. And, yes, I am the only owner. Thanks!

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? IMG_0805

I'm not 100%, but see if your dealer added some crappy alarm or something to it and then added it in to your final price. Looks very "aftermarket".... Could also be a third brake light "blinker"...

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The black box is a relay from what it looks like. Now where the power is going is the real question.

Sponsored

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to clarify we are ignoring the self tapping screw as a ground? Or will that be a separate thread?

I'm pretty certain by the shitty install and the unclipped zip ties that is a dealer tracker.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely an aftermarket relay, and based on the 30amp fuse they used, it has to (or at least should be) something drawing quite a bit of current.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t wait to see what it is!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% not factory. If it was a tracker, then why the relay? Definitely piqued my interest now! Could be one of those funny dealership stories where new car setup guy was supposed to install xyz on x Bronco and just grabbed the wrong one off the lot, then when the customer who was supposed to have xyz installed said something, they just installed another one in his

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any offroad lights? It looks like a typical offroad lighting relay feeding 2 power/ground pairs (maybe left/right lights). Of course, this would be 100% the wrong way to do it for a LUX Bronco.

OP
OP
SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have any offroad lights? It looks like a typical offroad lighting relay feeding 2 power/ground pairs (maybe left/right lights). Of course, this would be 100% the wrong way to do it for a LUX Bronco.
Negative. And yeah wiring external lights here would be... dumb.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.