Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want a soft top !!!. But looks like it's the only way to get a 21. I'm a lil upset at this point. This should have dealt with before the promises not during deliveries.

0N3tJ7H.gif
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you applied wax and this happened, it is a result of the wax being applied. in your owner's manual, were there instructions for approved cleaners and surface sealants? most new cars have a section on this. the top was if i am not mistaken a matte finish from the factory. so if you put something to add reflectivity and a formerly hidden pattern emerges, it is not a defect. this would be the difference in the MIC (molded in color) versus the painted top, which will not be available until 2022. perhaps now you will either need to live with this or find a cleaner which will remove the wax from the surface. personally i would recommend dawn dish detergent. it is a harsh cleaner which removes most automotive waxes. check the owner's manual for cleaning and surface preservation. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND CARE OF THE SOFT TOP AND WINDOWS AS WELL!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

LSOR

Heritage
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You should wait 60-90 days after a vehicle is painted to wax it.
Did you use the paste or spray wax?

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was at least 3 companies making aftermarket jeep hard tops back in the day. Only reason I can see there not being aftermarkets for the Bronco is transportation costs. With enough failures in OEM, that cost will soon be negligible.
I’d switch to a soft top in a heartbeat if I could order a quality aftermarket top. If an MIC top is going to cost around 3k with another $500 in freight from the parts counter, I wouldn’t hesitate paying 6k for an after market hard top that doesn’t suck

Sponsored

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think this is contributing to your issues but you should NEVER put wax on molded plastic. If you need so put anything on it use armourall or something meant for plastic.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just keep repeating to myself 'its only $700... its only $700.."

Ford has some of the best engineers in the world but apparently even they cannot design a functional hard top roof for only $700.. Resin is EXPENSIVE.

My guess is the cost goes up so they can spend a little more time and money on each unit. I'm fine spending something like $1500 is the roof is quality.

Jeep basic hard top roof is $1495.. 2x the cost of the Ford roof.

I think this is a simple case where Ford tried to make the part as affordable (cheap) as possible and its now backfiring.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 0N3tJ7H
I don't think Ford makes the top. Yes the buck stops at Ford.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think Ford makes the top. Yes the buck stops at Ford.
Ford QC decides yea or nay though. Atleast i would think so.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s already been pointed out that that is the pocket for the roof rack. You are just looking at half of it.
Yeah because this looks stellar. Imagine having a car for as long as this customer has and these lines, gaps, inconsistencies were your purchase. It’s not 1990. Manufacturing is better then this. Especially for 2021 prices.
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern F10F4E9B-27AB-4561-96D6-90117CFC176C
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1FF033EA-DCB1-4E28-9997-91903E891D0D
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern E307A09B-A2D7-4417-9BCE-80DA69957E44

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hot water + dish soap the entire hardtop. Let us know if that helps anything.

Daboots

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you applied wax and this happened, it is a result of the wax being applied. in your owner's manual, were there instructions for approved cleaners and surface sealants? most new cars have a section on this. the top was if i am not mistaken a matte finish from the factory. so if you put something to ass reflectivity and a formerly hidden pattern emerges, it is not a defect. this would be the difference in the MIC (molded in color) versus the painted top, which will not be available until 2022. perhaps now you will either need to live with this or find a cleaner which will remove the wax from the surface. personally i would recommend dawn dish detergent. it is a harsh cleaner which removes most automotive waxes. check the owner's manual for cleaning and surface preservation. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND CARE OF THE SOFT TOP AND WINDOWS AS WELL!!!!!!!!
Painted top is not available until 2023 not 2022

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s already been pointed out that that is the pocket for the roof rack. You are just looking at half of it.
Keep looking bud...
Sponsored